Laconia Travel Answers

change location

Trying to find the location of a house near Laconia

by Mersie Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 7:05 PM

This might seem a bit weird, but someone I know claims that when he was in New Hampshire about 20 years ago, a friend of his who lived there took him to a house (or more like a foundation of a house) that would disappear either during the daytime or at night, and then reappear. Does anyone know where this might be at, or even ever heard of this place? I'd love to come check it out! Thanks for any advice you could give me. I'd make a special road trip just to see this thing happen.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Suet's Profile Photo

Re: Trying to find the location of a house near Laconia

by Suet Online Now Jun 21, 2004 at 5:23 AM

Hmmm sounds like my husband when I mention dinner will be ready in about 20 mins.... guaranteed to make him disappear..... Actually I have noticed this phenomenon all over the world whereever I travel, my Hotel disappears and so do the shops I want to go back to. They miraculously re-aapear as soon as I don't need them.... sigh

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • diver-x's Profile Photo

by diver-x Online Now Jun 25, 2004 at 6:36 PM

I think your friend is pulling your leg. I grew up in NH and never heard of anything like that. Perhaps they were talking about affordable housing disappearing???

• gilescorey's Profile Photo

by gilescorey Online Now Jul 3, 2004 at 4:31 PM

I lived near Laconia as a little kid, and there was a famous house in Tilton where a staircase would reportedly appear and disappear with the ghost of a woman(the bereaved husband had torn the staircase out, b/c it led to their small attic bedrom). That's the closest "story" I know that mirrors your friends. That said, this particular region has tons of ghost stories, particularly b/c of the bizarre millionaire who built "The Arch" as his tomb, and the romanesque statues around Tilton. There are two famous haunted houses in Northfield. Write me if you travel to the region and I'll tell you where they are.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines