Lac La Biche

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4 nights in Banff and Jasper. Comments please

Banff Jul 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I will be leaving for this wonderful are in a week time. I am able to come up with itinerary based on some past reviews and posts. I will be doing camp tenting and campsites are already booked. I am facing difficulty in filling places in correct order. This will be my only once in a lifetime trip, so I do not want to skip major points. We are not much into hiking.
      Day-1 Reaching Calgary at 12. Pick car and and leave for Lake Louise. Overnight stay at Lake Louise Campground. Same day Lake Louise and Lake Moraine.
      Day-2 Yoho NP, Emerald Lake, Natural Bridge, Wapta Falls, Takakkaw Falls. Will I have time to go further on Trans-Canada and see some more places ? Back to Lake Louise campground and night stay.
      Day-3 Packup and head to Jasper, Icefields Parkway, Icefields Parkway tour by Brewster, Maligne Canyon (or Mt. Edith Cavell), Medicine Lake, Athabasca Falls. Overnight stay in Wapiti campgrounds.
      Day-4 Packup tent and leave for Banff, Vermillion Lake. Overnight at Two Jack Campground.
      Day-5 Lake Minnewanka boat tour. I will have return flight at 7 in evening. What else I can see on this full day ?
      Really need help to plan.

more
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM

If you will spend just a day in Jasper, is that enough time to see Athabasca Falls, canyon, Skywalk?

more
    • Car Parking

Jasper National Park Jul 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM

We are thinking of staying in a hotel just outside of Jasper and driving in to the national park and then hiking from there. Is this a possibility? I have tried to research places to park a car for the day in Jasper and the costs associated with that but i haven't been successful. Any advice or help with car parking facilities would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks

more
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM

If you will spend just a day in Jasper, is that enough time to see Athabasca Falls, canyon, Skywalk?

more
    • A short trip to Vancouver/Banff/Jasper. Suggestions ???

Jasper National Park Jun 27, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Hi.....

I will be flying in Vancouver in July end and want to visit Banff and Jasper too. I am trying to figure out best possible use of my short time. Please check, if this looks ok.

Wednesday - Reaching Vancouver in evening and overnight stay.
      Thursday - Pick rental car. Full day at Vancouver. Overnight stay. (Still needs to check places to see)
      Friday - Leave Vancouver in morning towards Jasper. Overnigh stay at Jasper. (Which route should I take ? Toll road should save some time ? Or I should go via Revelstoke, Golden, Lake Louise ? This will give me some backtrack to and from Jasper) (OR, if it way long distance, where should I break my this long day ?)
      Satuday - Full day at Jasper NP, Icefield parkway. Overnight stay at Jasper.
      Sunday - Jasper to Banff NP. Around area and overnight at Banff NP.
      Monday - Half day at Banff and leave for 8 PM flight from Calgary.
      Really need help to make my itenerary

more
    • clothing essential s for Calgary and Banff in early september

Calgary Jun 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I'm going to Canada September 9th. Never been before and I'm really not sure what to pack. I'm so used to British weather . rain!!! Can anyone help
      Helen xx

more
    • 8 Day Itinerary September 1-8

Banff Jun 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hello,

My wife and I are arriving in Calgary from California on August 31. We will drive to Banff and I'm looking for advice on how to go about visiting Banff and Jasper National Parks. Should we locate in Lake Louise area and stay put, driving to Banff area and Jasper area for day trips? Or should we move our lodging around, staying some in Banff, some in Lake Louise and some near Jasper.
      Any advice from those in the know would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

Ken

more
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM

more