La Spezia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hotel near train station

by ragboat Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Looking for a hotel near the Central train station and the car rental (Viale San Bartolomeo 657.

2 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • How to get from La Spezia Station to Manarola on a Saturday

by robsparks Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 11:23 PM

we arrive in La Spezia on a Saturday morning. what is the best way to reach Manarola (we will have luggage)? There doesn't appear to be a train service on Saturdays?
      Grazie

1 Answer Jun 25, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • kmalson's Profile Photo

La Spezia Cruise Ship Terminal to La Spezia Centrale

by kmalson Online Now May 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Could you provide the telephone number of a reliable taxi to take us from the cruise ship terminal to the central train station?

2 Answers May 19, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • trains to Florence

by alicecollins Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Are there earlier trains to Florence from La Spezia. The earliest one I can find departs at 8pm

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • luggage hold la spezia

by Jono99 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Is there a luggage hold in La Spezia where they can hold my luggage for a day?

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 12:40 AM
    • la spezia cruise terminal bus drop off...

by ahha07 Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to visit Firenze and our ship will dock at La Spezia. Apparently, the ship will dock at Molo Garibaldi cruise terminal (which is good news - with tender boats, precious time is lost). Then, there will be a bus which will drop passengers at the entry of the port, My question is where exactly it will drop people off - the name of the street if possible.

Also, any useful info for walking from drop off point to la spezia central (walking - it seems far on google map; 40 mins) and any useful info for la spezia central to firenze central.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

11 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    • car parking

by somam Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Hi,
      We are going on a MSC cruise in May starting from La Spezia.
      We want to get there by car.
      What possibility is there to park our car and how much does it cost for 8 days?
      Best regards,
      Ms. Varga

3 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    • Church of the Assumption

by ddecker Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Is it free to enter?

2 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • how to travel from la spezia

by laspezia Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Hello,
      I want to know how I move (by what / price of ticket...) from:
      1- la Spezia to Pise and pise to la spezia
      2- la spezia to genova and how to return
      3- la spezia to Ferenze ( florence) & how to return

Iwant to do this in 3 days and the time of my visit (depart from laspzia to...) is at 17h
      Thank you .

2 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    • baggage storage

by unconn87 Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM

is there a manned baggage store in La Spezia train station?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    • Lockers or left baggage

by TheGimmes Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Just trying to confirm there is somewhere to leave bags at La Spezia train station for a couple of days.

Regards Glen

2 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    • La Spazia to Monaco by Boat

by thomasavolini Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Is it possible to travel from La Spazia Italy to Monaco by boar>
      If so what is the name of the line

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    • Trying to see Potovenere, Manarola, and Vernazza all in one day...

by kgood2126 Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I am wondering if it is possible or am i crazy. I would like to take the ferry from La Spezia to Potovenere, spend some time there. Take the ferry to Vernazza, see the town and take the train to Manarola, see the town and then take the train back to La Spezia for our cruise ship departure at 19:00.

I felt that if I bypassed a couple of the other towns and did not do the walking paths we could make this work... Any thoughts on my trek?

Thanks in advance,

Kirk

3 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    • here today looking to tour ships or a ship building yard

by brianrezny Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM

here today looking to tour ships or a ship building yard, is this possible?

Brian

2 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    • BarbaraV8's Profile Photo

Day trip?

by BarbaraV8 Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Can you see all villages inCinque Terre in one day

7 Answers Apr 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • La Spezia weekend trips

by rayray3417 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Hi! I will be living in La Spezia from May to August this summer and I am looking for some interesting ideas for weekend trips. Of course I want to go to the Cinque Terre, Florence, Pisa and I am looking at visiting Lake Garda. Any other ideas? I am open to anything, would love to see a nice mountain town/village. Thank you in advance!

13 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    • Harbour Tours at Le Spezia

by ticondaroga Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I am calling in at Le Spezia on a cruise ship the end of August. Can any body tell me if you can get a tour of the harbour by boat like you can in Toulon. My hobby is warships and I would like to see the warships in Le Spezia. Failing that are the ships easy to see from the land?

1 Answer Aug 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    • Car parking in La Spezia

by fhead Online Now May 24, 2011 at 2:47 AM

How close can you get free safe over night parking near the pedestrian only zone.

• Hoe to get to Palmaria island

by asap2u Online Now May 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Hello !
      Please tell me how to get to Palmaria Island (Terrizzo) from Portovenere (or from La Spezia). It seems to me that www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it doesn't offer any ferry which stops at Terrizzo.

TIA

1 Answer May 12, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    • Getting to Carrara from LaSpezia

by DarisMcCord Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Is there public transportation to the Carrara Marble fields? If so, how do we connect with transportation? We would prefer not to rent a car to do the Marble fields and tours seem very expensive. Please advise.

1 Answer Apr 5, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    • Train Travel - Cinque Terre to Florence via Pisa

by susannefromperth Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Is it possible to stopover in Pisa on the way to Florence? i.e. stay there and get on a later train? How much time should you allow yourself in Pisa? I know it depends on how much you want to see and/or do, but is it worth half a day?

Also I am having trouble with the trenitalia website, when I put in destinations it comes back with no matches. Any hints?

6 Answers Jul 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    • Easter trip from Genoa to Pisa via Cinque Terre

by Julia_51 Online Now Mar 21, 2011 at 5:16 AM

I have booked seven days to walk the Cinque Terre and am planning on flying in to Genoa, spending a day there, catching a train to Portofino and spending a day and then to Levanto to spend a few days walking the coastal path before catching the train to Pisa to fly home. Two questions: Does this sound a reasonable time frame? And will it be easy to travel by train during the Easter week? (Looking at the Rail Europe website it seems that trains go twice an hour...)

4 Answers Mar 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    • cartyfem

by cartyfem Online Now Dec 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM

What would be the easiest way to get to Lucca from La Spezia ie the one wiht the least number of changes?

2 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    • oneills bar la spezia

by miskie Online Now Nov 5, 2010 at 6:17 PM

will be in la spezia next year in may and would like to watch the fa cup will it be shown at oneills bar and where is nthe bar

1 Answer Nov 6, 2010 at 2:01 AM
    • train fares

by paddyanne Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Help! I found the awesome trenatalia train site, but cannot find the fares.

3 Answers Oct 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    • La Spezia to Florence

by paddyanne Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Is it possible to stopover in Pisa on the way to Florence? i.e. stay there and get on a later train? How much time should you allow yourself in Pisa? I know it depends on how much you want to see and/or do, but is it worth half a day?

7 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    • Genoa to Rome

by paddyanne Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Thanks for all of the input. Some great ideas.
      I checked out the site for train travel. I am not sure if reservations are required or not but I did fine times into Vernazza. Can you buy the tickets right at the station, or do you need them ahead of time. I also understand that you can get a pas for Cinque Terre trains. Are they available right there, as well?
      Our ship docks in Genoa at 9 am, so we should have no trouble getting a train.
      Overnight in Vernazza, check out the next day and travel to La Spezia or to Monterosso to secure our luggage and then go back through the towns. Is that feasable? We would then carry onto Florence.

3 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    • TRAVEL FROM GENOA TO ROME

by paddyanne Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 7:29 AM

We are disembarking from the cruise ship in Genoa. We have a one night reservation in Vernazza. We want to spend a short time in the Cinque Terre.
      Where can we store our luggage outside of our reservation time? Is there any train station where we can store our bags? Is it easy enough to take the train between the 5 towns? We also want to carry on to Rome via Pisa and Florence. Where is the best place to get a train schedule. I have tried Italia Rail and cannot find a train into Vernazza. Can we take the train to Florence with a stopover in Pisa (again being able to store our luggage?)
      Thanks

4 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    • Tellaro to Milan

by oreo82 Online Now Sep 17, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Hi,

Would like to enquire on the best way to get from Tellaro to Milan and approximately how long does it take? And is Tellaro in La Spezia or the other way round? Am somewhat confused....

Thanks
      :)

13 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    • Ferry Service

by VicWest Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM

I read in a guide book that one can take a boat from La Spezia to Cinque Terra or from one of villages of Cinque Terra to La Spezia. We are arriving on cruise boat in La Spezia at 0800 hours and cruise leaves La Spezia at 2000hours. What would be the best? take a train from La Spezia in the morning? -need local train time table as very difficult to get time table in trainItalia site. and return by ferry-boat (local to La Spezia in the evening if time permit) Need the local ferry service name, where availble- how far from cruise port etc. Would greatly appriciate having some information

3 Answers Jun 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM