La Serena

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tour & Transfer

Valparaíso Aug 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM

We're arriving in Valparaiso in mid December by cruise ship and will need a transfer to the Santiago airport. Interested in a stop at wine country on the way. Would like contact info for companies which provide this service.

more
    • Dayne63's Profile Photo

Chile to Argentina by Bus and then flight in Argentina - Reciprocity fees

Chile Aug 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

If I bus from Chile to Argentina and then take a flight from Buenas Aires (BZE) to Iguazu Falls, will I have to pay the reciprocity fees at the airport? I have a US passport. Thanks.

more
    • looking for a qualified Spanish tutor or School in Valparaiso

Valparaíso Aug 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Can anyone recommend a tutor of Spanish in Valparaiso? I am looking for someone who has some experience and education and can teach above the intermediate level

more
    • Camping in September

Torres del Paine Aug 15, 2014 at 12:22 PM

After reading many posts, it seems that the campsites in the park only open mid-september... Does anyone know where to camp if all sites are closed, can we just camp there even if it is closed??

more
    • Hop on hop off bus

Santiago Aug 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Does Santiago have a city bus tour -like the Big Red Bus in other cities with a commentary in various languages?

more
    • Hotel near cruise ship terminal

Valparaíso Jul 26, 2014 at 3:55 AM

What is the best hotel to stay in for proximity to the cruise terminal but in a nice area? We will be there for an overnight stay before our cruise and will want to have a good meal and a drink and a bit of sightseeing.

more
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

looking for a travel companion

Santiago Aug 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I am thinking of taking a trip to las terrenas tomorrow or day after tomorrow for 3,4 or 5 days. Kind of flexible.
      Any one interested ?

more
    • Is there a shuttle from the air port ?

Easter Island Jul 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM

How to move around the island ?

more
    • Experienced advice

Easter Island Jul 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

We are going to Easter Island at the end of August, and have a few random questions:

1. We want to stay at a hotel that's close enough to hear the surf. The ones we found that are close to the coast say that it's about a 10-15 minute walk to town. Is the walk a problem after dark?

2. Are mosquitoes an issue? If so, will Permethrin be sufficient for our clothes alone or would you recommend a skin lotion as well? I just read about the Zika virus, any insight?

3. We want to rent mopeds to see the sights. Do we need to reserve ahead of time and how much is reasonable for a day?

Thank you for your time!

more
    • Dayne63's Profile Photo

Chile and Argentina 56 day itinerary

Chile Aug 18, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I have booked a trip starting in Santiago for Oct - Nov, 2014. My plan was Santiago - Viapariso, bus Mendoza - BA, RT Flight Iguazu Falls / BA, Bus BA - Bahia Blanca, Bus Bahia Blanca - to San Martin de los Andes, spend time in the Lakes District, Chiloe, and then head down to El Calten/El Calafate and around Torres del Paine. Is there a better route that can be done in 56 days where I would take in more of BA. I also thought to take the Maglev from Port Montt to Puerto Natales and then head up to Al Calafate and El Chalten to Visit Torres del Paine and then make my way back up and eventually back to Santiago. Single women traveling solo too. Any advice would be appreciated. Kind regards. Diane

more
    • adamfiz85's Profile Photo

Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales and back

Torres del Paine Aug 13, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are traveling to Patagonia in Dec & Jan. We have pretty much everything booked except bus tickets from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales (round trip).

What is the best way to purchase these bus tickets?

I tried to purchase in advance, and got in contact with a company called "Austral Glacier". They claim to organize everything for you, without any fees (hotels, bus tickets, etc). They want me to wire cash into their bank account, and naturally that is a red flag for me. I've never had to do this before.

I guess my question is, is it necessary to book these bus tickets in advance? I arrive in Punta Arenas at 7pm the night before I need to take a bus to Puerto Natales...I assume I can just purchase a ticket on the spot no problem?

Thanks!

Adam

more
    • Wifi in La Serena Chili

by ctw1 Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Greetings, I need to work online all day (9:30-3) in La Serena Chile on Monday March 12. I will be coming in on a cruise ship. Are there any verified free wifi spots you can recommend to use my notebook or an Internet Cafe?
      I will need to walk or take a cab so an address would be helpful please.
      Is the free wifi still available at the Mall Plaza La Serena?
      How far is the Mall from the cruise port?
      Thank you very much in advance.

• tourist guide La Serena

by HDSvirtour Online Now Dec 31, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Can anyone recommend a guide for a one day tour of La Serena and surroundings?

• Has anyone used MoreTour originating in La Serena

by fairchaffee Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 1:17 PM

We have booked a tour of Elqui Valley with an agency called MoreTour. I cannot read most of their website as it is in Spanish. I have been dealing with the general manager Cristián Clavero Salazar
      General manager
      More Tour
      He is a professional but with very broken English. I have gathered 9 persons to go on this tour. Has anyone has experience with his tours or this company in general. I am worried about the size of his tour buses for this many people. Has anyone been on this tour?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    • kenningst's Profile Photo

homestay with a local family for 1 or 2 nights

by kenningst Online Now Dec 5, 2009 at 6:35 AM

hi there,

there are 3 of us travelling and are keen to do a homestay with a local family in la serena for a night or 2. any guys have any information on this? we are already travelling and is looking to do this in 2 weeks time. we do not speak any spanish.

cheers

1 Answer Dec 23, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    • Suggestions on Chile

by Lou_ Online Now Dec 1, 2005 at 10:12 AM

Hello

I have 5 days in Chile to spend chilling out in march 2006. Looking at going up to La Serena for a few days and visiting Vina and Valpo.

I am quite keen to hire a car and take things as they come. Would this be feasible in March to get accommodation? Bearing in mind my spanish is very very basic....

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Louisa

1 Answer Dec 3, 2005 at 3:06 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Transportation from Santiago to La Serena

by coconutwireless Online Now Aug 26, 2003 at 12:12 PM

can you please tell me if there are busses or trains from Santiago to La Serena and vice versa? We will not have a car and would like to know our options. also how long is the trip by bus or train?

1 Answer Aug 26, 2003 at 11:06 PM