La Romana

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anani Beach

by beachinit Online Now Dec 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Carnival is offering a beach escape Shore Excursion. Does anyone have any information on this excursion and or about the beach?

more

Near La Romana

• Anani Beach

by beachinit Online Now Dec 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Carnival is offering a beach escape Shore Excursion. Does anyone have any information on this excursion and or about the beach?

1 Answer Dec 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • SOLOandLOVINGlife's Profile Photo

Private guide?

by SOLOandLOVINGlife Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Hello!

I am looking to hire a private guide while I'm in port. Any suggestions? TIA

• Snorkeling

by RichardV11 Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I love to snorkel. I am staying at the Catalonia La Romana. Is there good snorkeling in the area? Is there a good place that's close? Is there a good service to use or tour to take?

• cigar4life's Profile Photo

Best Location

by cigar4life Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 1:54 AM

La Romana or Punta Cana which would be the best place for a lover of cigars to visted

1 Answer Jan 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • terkic's Profile Photo

Bus from Santo Domingo to La Romana Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach

by terkic Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows if there are busses from La Romana to SD and back. If so, how much it costs, if there is any schedule where we could look up times and how often it runs and can wee book it upfront? Does the bus stop close to main sights?Thank you. Tereza

1 Answer Dec 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • Nightlife in La Romana

by VickyW100 Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Good bars or clubs in the area?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    • Charter Bus Companies

by kingern61 Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Hello, I was wondering if there are any suggested companies in La Romana that would provide a Charter Bus and Driver for a big group of 40 or so people. We will be arriving on a cruise at casa de campo and are going to dreams la romana. Any suggestions would be great. thanks a lot!

• La Romana vs Punta Cana

by Thaddius87 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Which area is better for golf, night life, restaurants and shopping?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    • Working in la romana

by dominican1 Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Hi I'm moving from England in the UK to teach in a school in La Romana, Buena Vista Norte in the Dominican Republic. Does anyone have any information about the area as a place to live? What there is to do? The mosquito situation, etc!!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Aug 12, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    • Airport Transfer

by bobeales Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I am flying in to Santo Domingo. What is the best way to get from the airport the the Oasis Canoa?

1 Answer Apr 14, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    • Transport From La Romana Airport to Bayahibe

by weereen Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 5:02 AM

I arrive at LMR at 17.00 on Sunday night what is the nest way to get from the airport to Bayahibe.
      Are there any local buses or shared taxis that can be pre-booked.
      How much should I expect to pay?

Also, any advice on small hotels or apartments in Bayahibe/Punta Cana/Bavaro/Semana - Not All Inc.

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 2, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    • Bobye

by bobye Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Going to Punta Cana Nov 10 for 7 nights at LTI. Scuba Diver wanting to dice at Ilsa Catalina. Is there a public bus to La Romaina and is that the town they leave from for the scuba trip? I was told a company called scubs Caribe will take you to Catalina but don't know how to get to their location from Punta Cana. Don't want to spend alot on the trip since not going for senic- just to get to the island.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2007 at 11:22 PM
    • shargurl's Profile Photo

Day tours

by shargurl Online Now Jun 15, 2007 at 6:34 AM

We will be cruising to La Romona on a new itinerary for Carnival Destiny. We will be in port for 26 hours. Does anyone know of a good tour company? Or any "must see"?

4 Answers Jun 22, 2007 at 3:04 PM
    • Coral Canoa

by haleyscat Online Now May 2, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Hi,

Just booked a trip to Coral Conoa May 31- 1st week in June. I have never been off the east coast of the US. WHat should I expect? Will the weather be ok? will the bugs be bad? Is there anything specific I should see or bring?

All info is appreciated!I cannot wait for this trip!

Thanks!

• Santana Beach La Romana Domenican Republic

by dckane Online Now Oct 12, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Our travel agent has reccomended this resort to us but I can not find a picture of the beach anywhere? Can you give a website that shows the beach.
      Thanks

2 Answers Oct 17, 2006 at 12:11 PM
    • CASA de CAMPO- La Cana Bar- dancing real Latin music? How many nights a week?

by patkat Online Now Jan 28, 2006 at 9:24 AM

Please- Salsa and Merengue at La Cana Bar at CASA de CAMPO? I remember dancing only on Friday nights to a live band- Has anyone been recently to know how often the floor has real Latin dance music? not performers ro a show- but the guest and locals dancing- thanks-

• CASA de CAMPO- La Cana Bar- dancing real Latin music? How many nights a week?

by patkat Online Now Jan 28, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Please- Salsa and Merengue at La Cana Bar at CASA de CAMPO? I remember dancing only on Friday nights to a live band- Has anyone been recently to know how often the floor has real Latin dance music and dancers on the floor??

• any info would be great

by beachchick Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 5:31 PM

I was thinking about visiting la romana and cayo levantado in the DR in February. I don't know anyone who has been to either place. My main concerns are: are they safe destinations?, is it under developed?, what's to do?, what are the beaches like? I would appreciate any info that I can get!

• Bug situation

by DebCoak Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 1:35 PM

Thinking of booking a trip to La Romana in July and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are a lot of bugs that time of year?

Thank,
      Deb

2 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    • traveling in september

by cullyn2 Online Now Mar 20, 2005 at 9:47 AM

were staying at the viva wyndham dominicus palace in september for our honeymoon. does anyone have any feedback on the weather at that time, what to expect. A friend of mine who goes to DR all the time said that when it rains, it only rains for a short time and then the sun comes right back out. Also if anyone is familiar with where were staying, i'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you

2 Answers Mar 26, 2005 at 8:01 AM
    • Adventure Tours in South Dominican Republic

by travvelbug Online Now Dec 27, 2004 at 9:24 AM

I am looking for recommendations for adventure tours in the southern part of DR, similar to "iguanamama" in north DR (that's just too far for us). Any recommendations? We would love to go caving/hiking.

• Bridge over Chavon River

by rge177 Online Now Oct 15, 2004 at 9:56 PM

Does anyone know if the bridge is back in service? I know it was supposed to be in service by early October, but I can't find anything that actually says it has been repaired. I'm supposed to fly into LRM Oct 23, and stay at the Wyndham Beach, but I'm wondering if I should change my flight???

1 Answer Oct 18, 2004 at 7:53 PM
    • LaRomana conditions

by dlglavan Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 8:27 AM

Has anyone been to Cona Coral Hitlon since the hurricanes of September 2004? I know that the bridge is out over the river and heard that the beach is completely washed away. Any details? Thanks! Debbie

3 Answers Oct 1, 2004 at 1:00 PM
    • Casa Del Mar

by Erynannie Online Now Sep 28, 2004 at 9:39 AM

Has anyone stayed at Casa Del Mar Resort in La Romana? How is it? We are getting married there in January. Any damage done from the hurricanes? Any info appreciated!!

3 Answers Oct 25, 2004 at 11:54 AM
    • what is there to do in

by EdM Online Now Mar 15, 2004 at 6:21 AM

What is thete to see/do at La Romana/Casa de Compo

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Diving Clubs / Centers

by Sharon Online Now Jun 19, 2003 at 3:03 PM

HI, Does anyone knows of a good Diving Center / club in La Romana area ? or in Catalina Island ? (isle Catalina ? sorry if im wrong with the name, not sure about it). Im Sure i can search on the web and find by my self, the thing is that i want to hear from people's experience and recomendatios of a good diving Clubs and spots in this area. If you know this diving centers do you know which divers license are acceptable there ? and one more thing, if those clubs are open on Sundays (i heard some clubs in The dominican Republic are not !) Thanks in Advance, S.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Diving Clubs

by Sharon Online Now Jun 19, 2003 at 1:56 AM

HI, Does anyone knows of a good Diving Center / club in La Romana area ? or in Catalina Island ? (isle Catalina ? sorry if im wrong with the name, not sure about it). Im Sure i can search on the web and find by my self, the thing is that i want to hear from people's experience and recomendatios of a good diving Clubs and spots in this area. If you know this diving centers do you know which divers license are acceptable there ? and one more thing, if those clubs are open on Sundays (i heard some clubs in The dominican Republic are not !) Thanks in Advance, S.

6 Answers Jul 8, 2003 at 2:02 PM