La Romana Travel Answers

change location
shargurl's Profile Photo

Day tours

by shargurl Online Now Jun 15, 2007 at 6:34 AM

We will be cruising to La Romona on a new itinerary for Carnival Destiny. We will be in port for 26 hours. Does anyone know of a good tour company? Or any "must see"?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • asahelys1's Profile Photo

Re: Day tours

by asahelys1 Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 12:46 PM

DR IS MY SPECIALTY =0)
    La Romana, a must see is Los Altos de Chavon... please do not leave without seeing it, its a man made medieval village, with a huge amphitheater, you can do it on your own or with a tourguide (will find multilingual guides right outside of the entrace) if you need to take a local taxi they like dollars/euros & you can barter. Also i can guess you will be docking in the Bayahibe area & there's not much else other than beach activities, & shops you can try going into the center of the city La Romana, but nothing that stands out to tourists, however, the sourveniers are cheaper there, and best local food.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • shargurl's Profile Photo

by shargurl Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Our itinerary says we will be docking in La Ramona... I have been looking at the place you mentioned. Do you know how much taxis are?

• asahelys1's Profile Photo

by asahelys1 Online Now Jun 22, 2007 at 6:35 AM

Actually I think you will be arriving right near the city of La Romana, therefore, the taxi should not be more than15/$20, however, I would suggest that you ask the taxi driver to take you to Altos de Chavon & wait for you & you could offer a few dollars more no more than30 (they'll be glad to) There are some drivers that speak english very well, so aim for one of those, you can also ask them to take you to the city of La Romana so you can do some shopping. Oh goodness, I forgot you should also try doing Isla Saona its beautiful, here's a link that would be helpful (i call it a little teaser, =0)

taxicasadecampo.com/en/laro....

• shargurl's Profile Photo

by shargurl Online Now Jun 22, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Perfect! Thanks for the information!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines