La Romana Travel Answers

change location

LaRomana conditions

by dlglavan Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 8:27 AM

Has anyone been to Cona Coral Hitlon since the hurricanes of September 2004? I know that the bridge is out over the river and heard that the beach is completely washed away. Any details? Thanks! Debbie

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Re: LaRomana conditions

by travelgirl3 Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 9:46 AM

Hurricane Jeanne travelled over the East and North Coasts of the DR, so they were hardest hit. The South Coast, including La Romana, fared well, and all hotels are operating as usual. You're right about the bridge, however, repairs were scheduled to be completed earlier this week. You should be fine, but check with your TA if you're leaving soon. Have a great time!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: LaRomana conditions

by dlglavan Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 12:36 PM

Thanks, Travelgirl 3. However, I was looking for someone who has actually been there and seen the actual conditions. I have looked at where the hurricane has hit and weather conditions. I know that there was damage in places. The travel agents will not give this information, as they want us to go anyway and see what is there. I heard that Coral Cona had sand in the pool, and the beach is completely gone. Anyone been there?

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Re: Re: LaRomana conditions

by travelgirl3 Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 1:00 PM

You might have better luck at www.debbiesdominicantravel.com. Try the Hurricane Damage page, and if that doesn't tell you what you want, check on the Bulletin Board page. I'm sure the sand is out of the pool by now. Good luck

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines