La Romana Travel Answers

change location

Casa Del Mar

by Erynannie Online Now Sep 28, 2004 at 9:39 AM

Has anyone stayed at Casa Del Mar Resort in La Romana? How is it? We are getting married there in January. Any damage done from the hurricanes? Any info appreciated!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Re: Casa Del Mar

by travelgirl3 Online Now Sep 28, 2004 at 10:10 AM

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! From all accounts, it sounds like the South Coast, including La Romana escapted any serious damage. All hotels and resorts are operating normally. I haven't stayed at Casa Del Mar, but from what I've read, it sounds wonderful - tons to do! Try going to www.debbiesdominicantravel.com, click on "bulletin board", then on "south coast". Debbie's is a great source for DR info. Enjoy!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Casa Del Mar

by nat4crim Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 11:26 AM

Congragulations on your wedding. You will have a truly amazing time. It is such a romantic area. I stayed at the Casa Del Mar a couple of years ago and was so breathtaking. I am a picky eater but had no problems with the food. It was delicious. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and the rooms are good. The beach was so gorgeous. Crystal clear water and white, soft sand. The entertainment staff was great as well as all the other staff. You must try Banana Mammas and Pina Coleadas. I've heard they have since added a spa since my vacation so that should be worth checking out. I did an outback safari tour and it was alot of fun. Definately worth it. I loved the area of Dominican Republic so much, specifically the fact that the beaches are on the Carribean sea that me and my boyfriend are going to Bocca Chica in January. Pleae disreguard any negative reviews of Casa Del Mar. From my experience, only people with serious issues and personality problems could find something to complain about. That being said, the only thing I disliked was the horseback riding. It was off the resort, in mud trails, full of garbage. One word of advice, bargain with the people who set up stands off the resort to sell stuff. They always quote ridiculous prices. Have fun.

• Re: Re: Casa Del Mar

by lookinforlove Online Now Oct 25, 2004 at 11:54 AM

I was at Casa Del Mar last February for a wedding. It was perfect. Like most of their weddings, we chose to have it on the pier. Rosa was most helpful (she was a hairstylist in a previous life so helped with pinning flowers in the bride's hair), it was planned in a day, it was so relaxing, the bride and I had a meeting in the Caribbean in the afternoon (perfection!!), the best selection of locations for pictures (the beach at sunset, the swinging bridge in the spa area). I will be returning in January. When are you getting married? It was very charming the way the hotel guests become your wedding guests, people bobbing in the water and cheering when the deed is done! Very friendly and festive, and yet very personal at the same time. As I understand it, there was absolutely no damage--except to some trees--from the hurricane. They were a bit more destroyed in 1998 and the rebuild had the resort well reinforced against future storms.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines