La Rochelle

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public transport from La Rochelle to La Griere

by Belljjad Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 2:06 AM

How can we get from La Rochelle to La Griere by public transport?
      Many thanks

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • la rochelle to la palmyre

by valeriecrompton Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

can you go by train or bus from la Rochelle airport to La Palmyre or must you take a taxi

7 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • English novels

by megan1811 Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Is there a bookshop in La Rochelle where I can buy a novel or 2 for my holiday reading - my Kindle has just broken and I have a couple more weeks of holidays still!

3 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    • car parking

by mirbois17420 Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 4:15 AM

From Royan I wish to leave my car for 12 days close to La Rochelle airport -- expensive at the airport --any ideas?

2 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • Bus transfer from port to centre

by jossyh20 Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 4:10 AM

I will be arriving in the port of La Rochelle on a P&O cruise ship in 2 weeks time. I am keen to see the town as an independent traveller but how do I get to the city centre? Thank you

6 Answers Jun 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    • safe car parking in La Rochelle

by BlackIsis Online Now May 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM

How safe is it to park a car on the street in the centre of La Rochelle?
      5 mins from the old port area. Some items will have to be left on the back seat but can be covered.

5 Answers May 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    • Re or Oleron?

by BlackIsis Online Now May 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Could someone please advise me on which of these two islands is the nicest for a short visit? I dont have time to do both. I am getting the impression there isn't much in it but Re is smarter and Oleron is more wooded and wilder. We are not interested in shopping but plan to hire bikes for the day and later find a nice town for dinner. I keep changing my mind....favouring Re at the moment....thankyou!

1 Answer May 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    • Bif75's Profile Photo

Transport from the airport

by Bif75 Online Now Mar 7, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Hi, can anyone tell me about the bus from the airport to the train station please? Am struggling to find the info! I need a bus on a Saturday morning anytime after 9.30am. Thanks a million x

5 Answers Mar 8, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    • Transportation Paris- LaRochelle

by heliphinoe Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 9:04 AM

A friend and I need to get from Paris to LaRochelle with lots of luggage. I don't think the train will work. Any other ideas? Is there a shuttle of some sort from CDG to LaRochelle? We don't want to drive ourselves.
      Thanks

2 Answers Sep 25, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    • Things to do in La Rochelle

by gazstrong Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 3:06 AM

Hi

I will be in La Rochelle in August and was wondering what the must see areas and locations are.

I plan to visit the aquarium.

I would also like some tips for bars and restauarants and best areas for dining, drinking and relaxing etc.

Thanks in Advance

• Autumn9's Profile Photo

Train from La Rochelle Airport to St Savinien

by Autumn9 Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 2:32 AM

What is the best way for someone arriving at La Rochelle airport to travel by rail to St Savinien, please? Is there a shuttle bus from the airport to the station in La Rochelle? The final destination is Annepont, but I am assuming the last leg of the journey will have to be by road.

Many thanks,
      Autumn9

2 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    • travel to/from Oleron to La Rochelle

by ewhiddett Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I am trying to get from Oleron to la Rochelle (in July), I understand there is a boat in high season, otherwise is there a bus from Saintes perhaps? Cannot get an answer or info from online. Many thanks

1 Answer Jun 20, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

The U-Boot pens - Accessable?

by Drugness Online Now Nov 18, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Hello all

I'm planning to visit La Rochelle in about 3-4 months and i was wondering if it is possible to visit the U-Boot pens that still exist there or are they off limits?
      Does anyone know of any tours available or is there possibly a museum attached? Or if either of these options aren't there, is there someone locally who has access or someone who i can contact?

Many thanks in advance
      DG

3 Answers Nov 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    • La Rochelle to Taizé

by french_rhubarb Online Now Sep 12, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Taizé is a little over 2 hours from La Rochelle. I am planning to go to Taizé for a week, but the only way I can figure out to get there is to take the train from La Rochelle up to Paris and then catch another train all the way back to Mâcon, taking more than 6 hours.

Is there a quicker way to get from La Rochelle to Taizé by public transport?

Thank you.

5 Answers Sep 12, 2008 at 6:25 PM
    • in general

by Loopyloops Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 6:37 AM

I'm flying to La Rochelle on Monday. What's the weather like at the moment? Also is public transport easy to use and is it easy to get from the aiport to the town?

Is there anything you would particularly recommend we do while there?

Thanks!

• Beach Volleyball

by b_turner Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 1:18 PM

I'm going to be spending one month in La Rochelle next summer. I enjoy playing beach volleyball. Does anyone know if there is a beach where the locals play? Is there a large following with good competition?

Thanks,

Brian

• rahulkesu's Profile Photo

how far

by rahulkesu Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 5:19 AM

Would like to know how far is Bordeaux to La rochelle and what would be the best way to reach La Rochelle (train, bus)

1 Answer Jul 19, 2006 at 5:48 AM
    • camping

by stevefollant Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a good campsite around la rochelle.......is there anyone with any suggestions? a campsite with a web page would be good.
      thanks, steve

• Hotel in La Rochelle, France?

by anniekc Online Now Mar 4, 2006 at 7:12 AM

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Joan D'Acre in La Rochelle France? We're looking for a nice place to stay close to the restaurants/shops.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2006 at 8:37 PM
    • New at La Rochelle

by TipTop17 Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 9:16 AM

Hi, If you plan to come at La Rochelle, dont forget to visit us before coming if you need any help:

http://larochelle.superforum.fr

We plan to open a english special forum.

Bests regards.

• kezjono's Profile Photo

Where should we stay the night

by kezjono Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 12:04 PM

We are heading up the coast towards belgium and we have one day and night to spend somewhere. Basically anywhere between Bordeaux and Paris. Any suggestions - we were thinking La rochelle or Saint nazaire.

let me know?