La Paz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Recliner chair

by skip1318 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I want to buy a lazy boy style chair. I live in Mulege.

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    • KaziaS's Profile Photo

Where to buy lamps, mirrors, household goods

by KaziaS Online Now Nov 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Where can we buy floor lamps, mirrors for the entryway and coat hangars and things like household goods? Is there a Costco or Walmart-ish store for home goods in La Paz?

4 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    • buying jewlery

by linalawler Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM

where can I buy jewelry in La Pas,Mexico

3 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    • Snorkling gear

by LKG2012 Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Where is the best place to rent snorkling gear in San Jose or La Paz... If you have prices that would be spectacular!

• Need advice on vacation rental from exp. La Paz travelers

by starrysky27 Online Now Oct 23, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I'm going to Baja Sur for the first time in April and we're getting a vacation rental for a week in La Paz. Please help me choose between 2 comparable casitas - which would you choose?

We are looking for a place that's quiet/ peaceful but within 10 min walk to the best parts of the Malecon and any other main shop/restaurant/cool local areas.

#1 is at the intersection of Antonio Navarro and Francisco I Madero

#2 is at the intersection of Republica and Revolucion de 1910

(If you don't remember street names you can see them on Bing)

Any help is appreciated - thanks so much!

1 Answer Oct 24, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    • Ibarra's pottery

by abbychloe2 Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 1:49 PM

We purchased the butter dish at Ibarra's Pottery. Do they shop to the US??

2 Answers Jun 28, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    • replacement piece

by abbychloe2 Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 1:46 PM

We purchased a butter dish (or at least that is what we use it for) and my husband dropped the lid part and broke it. Is it possible to purchase another one? I don't think we are going to Mexico any time soon and I would love to order it and have it shipped.

• Carnival Dates

by hairyegg Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Hi I understand that the Carnival is held in La Paz Baja Sur , Mexico at the end of February. Can you confirm the dates and let me have some infomation as to what we will see. Our arrival is pm on 24th February, next month. Thanks for any help. Dave

1 Answer Jan 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM
    • Spanish school in Ventana?

by dan382 Online Now Nov 29, 2007 at 10:28 AM

Does anyone know if there are any Spanish schools that we count attend for a few days while in Ventana to expand our Spanish?
      thanks.

• Trip with young kids

by dan382 Online Now Nov 29, 2007 at 10:23 AM

We are planning a trip in Jan2008 with another couple and we will have 4 kids under the age of 5. We are planning on staying in the Ventana area, but will have cars to travel around. Any recommendations on toddler friendly activities for us while down there. Planning on hanging out for 1-2wks.\
      thx.

• Winter Scuba in Ventana?

by dan382 Online Now Nov 29, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Planning to visit Ventana area (just south of La Paz) in Jan 2008. Any recommendations on scuba shops in the area that have good safe equipment rental and provide reliable and safe tours?
      I know prime diving season is in spring/summer, but is it still worth doing a few dives in Jan?
      thoughts?
      -thanks

• Why are flights so expensive to La paz. Is there a cheaper way to get there?

by hairyegg Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 1:10 AM

Hi, It seems that the southern Caifornian Baja is hard to get to from LA. Flights in February are350 plus return and car rental is impossible from LA as they only allow entry to the 'free trade area'. Can anyone let me know where I can rent a car in LA that includes Mexican Insurance and allows travel to La Paz? Or where I can gat cheaper flights? Thanx ....Dave

1 Answer Jul 18, 2007 at 8:41 AM
    • RV rental

by detoxgez Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 9:48 AM

is is possible to a hire a RV from La Paz - will be in La Paz spring 2008 for 4-5 days as part of a tour of mexico.
      many thanks
      Gez @ Manchester UK

• Piggy73's Profile Photo

Grand Plaza Hotel, La Paz

by Piggy73 Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 1:21 PM

I am going to be attending a conference - and I will be staying - at the Grand Plaza Hotel next week. I have heard some nasty things about the place!

Can anyone put my mind at rest, or am I justified in my state of fear :-)

• places to stay in La Paz, Mexico?

by andreacoombes Online Now Sep 27, 2006 at 7:41 AM

Hi -- I'm traveling to La Paz in December with my boyfriend and my daughter, and I'm wondering about good places to stay in La Paz. We'd love to find a two-bedroom apartment or hotel suite if possible. We're very eager to find some place small, unique, not one of the big resorts. We don't need anything fancy. Low budget is fine. Thanks for any advice!

1 Answer Sep 27, 2006 at 8:20 AM
    • Cars?

by mrmr431 Online Now May 11, 2006 at 5:41 AM

Do you recommend renting a car in La Paz? hat are the advantages? What about flying into Cabo, renting a car and driving to La Paz?

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

off to La Paz next week...

by marktynernyc Online Now Jan 25, 2006 at 8:10 PM

any one visited recently? any new taquerias? planning to see the grey whales - do some kyacking - anything else? thanks in advance.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2006 at 9:37 AM
    • La Paz in late november ?

by severeeen Online Now Jul 7, 2005 at 11:22 AM

My fiance and I are going to spend a few days in late november (Thanksgiving holidays) in south baja, and we'res hesitating between Loreto, La paz, and San Jose Del Cabo.We really don't like resorts, and we don't like to be surrounded by throngs of US tourists and loud american discos (we simply hate the spring break atmosphere), but we do like to go out at night and mingle with locals and dance on nortena etc and walk in nice little streets etc... that's why I though La Paz might be a good idea... Basically, we're looking for a location with pretty sandy beaches/ coves, warm water (even in november), no waves, no wind... and more local color at night than... American color. How is La Paz area in late november ? Is the sea pleasant to swim/ snorkel (without a diving suit) ? How bad can the weather get ? Are the beaches in the area exposed to cold winds ? And can we find lovely sandy beaches without buying a tour to one of the islands (we will rent a car) ? Or should we just go to San Jose del Cabo, to be sure to hahve hot weather/ warm water ? THANK YOU :)

2 Answers Sep 13, 2005 at 7:56 PM
    • enofile's Profile Photo

La Paz in March?

by enofile Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 10:24 AM

I will be in La Paz from March 25 through the 31st. I will be staying at the El Angel Azul bed and breakfast. My questions are thus: 1. Will I need to rent an automobile? 2. Where are the best places to snorkel? 3. Where are the best places to dive? 4. Are there any memorable restaurants or bars I should not miss? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Enofile

4 Answers Jan 25, 2005 at 8:10 PM
    • Motel Recommendation

by massiek Online Now Oct 28, 2003 at 7:49 PM

My wife and I with our 10 year old son are planning a trip to La Paz in March. We love staying on the beach and I've read that La Concha is good. However, I've read a couple of postings that as of late, it may be a bit run down. Does anybody know if this is the case? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. keith

4 Answers Apr 27, 2004 at 3:12 AM