La Paz Travel Answers

change location
milliturtle's Profile Photo

Amaszonas Flight to Uyuni

by milliturtle Online Now Sep 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hi, I'm trying to book a one-way ticket from La Paz to Uyuni on Amaszonas. When I get to the fares page, I see that there is the "Y" class fares and the "B" class fares available to me. The "B" fares are 20% off and are supposedly available to foreign or Bolivian, so that pretty much covers everybody. Do you know if there any other restrictions for these fares? If I book the "B" fare and I found out somehow I didn't qualify, will they just charge me the difference?

Also, I read that I have to confirm the flight at least 24 hours prior to departure. Will I be required to confirm by phone? If so, do you know if they have English speaking staff who can help me confirm my flight? I see that they have web check-in for flights leaving La Paz and I can check in up to 72 hours prior. Can I assume that if I do web-check in, I have also confirmed the flight?

On the airline itself, are they usually on time? And are departure times posted now more like guidelines than actual departure time?

One last unrelated question. I am going to cross to Chile by land and I heard that the customs check your bags quite seriously. Do you know where I can find out what I can bring from Bolivia to Chile? My friend and I might want to get some Bolivian coffee beans to take home, but if it's going to be a problem, we'll not bother buying them.

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines