La Jolla

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vacation home in Tahoe City?

Tahoe City 23 hours ago

I'm considering buying a vacation home in Tahoe City having visited several times over the past few years.

My concern is the price of property there is high and I'm worried if I wanted to sell in 5-10 years time would I at least get my money back.

If you live there yourself or have any information on this it would be greatly appreciated!

• Free place with cabins and tepees in Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree National Park Nov 20, 2015 at 3:08 PM

He I am my friends (8 people) and me we're going to J-T for all day tomorrow and the night too.
      One of us have heard about a place that you can have free cabins like chalet and tepees. You just need to be there first to get it ! But problem nobody knows where that place is !
      Here is my question, anybody hear about this place and knows where it is please ?

Ps: I already call the park and visitor center in Joshua Tree they don't know about it.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Using Public Transport

San Francisco Nov 8, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Hi everyone, Going to San Francisco for a week in February. I'm a bit confused with public transport passes and want to know Ii there a public transport pass that can be used on buses, the bart, ferries, trams and cable cars?

Also if you book a ticket to Alcatraz in advance is it for a specific day and time or does it just mean you have a ticket then get in the queue to get on a ferry.

Many thanks in advance,

• Overnight between Mendocino and San Francisco?

Point Arena Nov 8, 2015 at 7:21 AM

My husband and I are spending March traveling along coastal California from San Diego to the north coast. Skipping ahead to the last leg of the trip - we'll be coming from Sacramento and Sonoma, up as far as Ferndale, then heading south to stay in Mendocino for two nights. Ultimately, we need to end up in San Francisco to return the car and fly home. My question is this: I'm not sure how much time to allot for the drive between Mendocino and San Francisco. I realize it's not a huge distance in miles, but I would like to feel that we are leaving ourselves enough time to see the sights along this stretch of the road (and not end up driving in the dark to SF). We're not avid hikers (especially if there might be scary 'critters' in the woods!), but do love shorter 2-3 mile walks in good weather (which I know isn't guaranteed at this time of year). We're also big lovers of wine, and my husband loves beer. We have been in San Francisco twice before (one week each time), and had planned to spend 5 days there this time (with no particular agenda yet). Alternatively - question part 2 - is it worth taking one of those 'SF' days to overnight somewhere between Mendocino and SF? If so, where? Thank you so much for your help!

• mehmet599's Profile Photo

2 days travel

Los Angeles Nov 2, 2015 at 6:29 PM

l am from turkey.What can I do I'm coming 2-day Los Angeles. nov 15

• Nightlife in La Jolla

by jamjess Online Now Sep 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM

My 21 year old and I are headed to La Jolla next week. Wondering what anyone would recommend for some fun things in and around La Jolla. Looking for both nightlife and day activities.

7 Answers Sep 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    • glolove's Profile Photo

hows the weather???

by glolove Online Now Aug 17, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Hello out there!
      My family & I currently reside in South Dakota, soon we'll be relocating to Southern California. We're used to having snow for Christmas, usually from late Oct early November until as late as March & even into April. Whats the weather like there during those months? I've lived in North Dakota, my opinion is extremely frigid, only tha tough survive that place! I survived 2 yrs & left, why put up with THAT kind of cold? (-90 with wind chill factor) I've also lived in Phoenix, Az where its extremely hot. We live a few miles from Mt.Rushmore, the winters & summers are tolerable, usually August is the worst with 95-102 degrees & January being the coldest month, usually 25-30 degrees. I'm curious of the temperature from Oct-April...Thanks for any information!

3 Answers Aug 18, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    • jcims's Profile Photo

Looking for any recommendations for vacation home in La Jolla

by jcims Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Hi There,

I'm a little cornfused with the new (?) layout of VT, so apologies if this is a tired question or has been asked recently.

We're a family of four with two smallish children, looking for a place to stay the third week of July 2008. We're looking at La Jolla because it seems to be quiet and quaint (based on what we've read anyway) and close enough to fun stuff.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a small vacation home ($2K/wk) that are within walking distance to a reasonably safe beach? Or, if no direct recommendations, a pointer to a reputable vacation rental place that will either take care of us or at least provide good recommendations?

Of course, if you think this Ohioan is barking up the wrong tree or just ignorant, feel free to let me know. I'd rather learn now than later...haha!

4 Answers Apr 1, 2008 at 8:43 AM