La Escala

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• resorts around santa susanna

Santa Susana Jul 14, 2014 at 5:44 AM

whats the best town near santa susanna for shopping/market etc.where can i find bus times to different towns and prices tia

more
    • Dali Museum

Playa de Aro Jul 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Is there a direct bus to Figueres, Dali' birth town from Platja d'Aro?

more
    • Portaventura

Salou Jul 1, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Hi I visited Salou around 6 years ago and my family loved portaventura looking at booking for when we come in July but just at the evening ticket 7-12. Is it worth it? or do you think we best book the full day? we are not ones for big rides.x

more
    • Lumine Resort

Salou Jul 1, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Thinking of having a day here with my husband and two boys age 13 & 15 would anyone reccomend?

more
    • Good Clubs in Barcelona??

Barcelona Jul 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Hi I am thinking of coming to Barcelona next May or June, and was wondering what are some good clubs there?
      I will be staying probably near the Eixample area.
      I've heard things about Opium is that good? and where abouts is that?
      What do you show as ID there?
      I am a young adult 20 years old.
      thanks

more
    • Lloret Nightlife in late October / early November

Lloret de Mar Jul 14, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi, me and a few friends of mine are thinking about going on a stag do to Lloret in late October / early November and just wondered what the nightlife would be like at this time of year? Will most things be open or will a lot be closed? I think we are going for 3 nights, probably Thursday - Sunday

If you could let me know that would be great!

Thanks,

James

more
    • Upcoming visit - wine tasting

Tarragona Jul 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM

What is the best way to view local wineries?

more
    • Accommodation suggestions in barcelona

Barcelona Jul 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi
      I am thinking of coming to barcelona next year around May for around two weeks. I am interested in staying in the example area. Is that a good area for two young adults? Is it better to choose an apartment rather than a hotel? And what is cheaper. Something close to transport to get around. And because I wouldn't know my way around is it better to have day trips with groups instead of going by yourself?
      Also what areas should i avoid cause I've heard about theft problems.
      Thanks

more
    • beach walk

Salou Jul 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Can you walk along the sea front from cap salou to salou?

more
    • santa susanna to barcelona

Santa Susana Jul 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM

what is the easiest way to get to barcelona and what is the best station that is central to the sights.Thanks.

more
    • Camp Nou experience

Barcelona Jul 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I would like to know if it is better to book tickets for Camp Nou experience(Tour&museum) online, or you can easily buy tickets at Camp Nou?

Thanks

more
    • ferry from cadaques to rosas

Cadaqués Jun 29, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Hello! We are going on a bike trip in august and we wanted to take a ferry from Cadaques to Rosas. however, i can't find any information on the internet.. Is there a website with the prices and the timetable of the ferrys? Also, do you think it is possible to transport our bike by ferry and what would it cost?

more
    • where to stay?

Barcelona Jun 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I am on fix income , don't have lots of money...Where to stay??? in Barcelona

more
    • free parking in l'estartit

L'Estartit Jun 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Is is possible to park for free in l'estartit in july. There is no parking at our rented apartment. We will stay at avinguda costa brava.
      Tia,
      Tue

more
    • Nightlife in Lloret - Oct / Nov

Lloret de Mar Jul 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Hi, me and a few mates are looking at going on a stag do in Lloret De Mar at the end of October / beginning of November this year and just wondered what the nightlife would be like at this time of year? Are most places still open or are most places closed by this time?

I think we will most probably look at going Thursday - Sunday

If anyone could help me with the above that would be great!

Thanks!

more
    • janekev's Profile Photo

car rental

L'Estartit Jul 6, 2014 at 1:04 PM

hi I am coming to castell montgri in September could anyone tell me if there is a car rental near by

more
    • Best place to change money

Barcelona Jul 2, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Are there foreign-exchange offices in downtown Barcelona other than banks? I would hope to get a better rate there compared to the airport. Thanks.

more
    • girona to htop olympic

Calella de Palfrugell Jun 26, 2014 at 3:10 AM

I am flying into girona and staying at hop Olympic callela.when I try and book the transfers it shows as callela de costa and callela de palafurgall???whats the difference?

more
    • 5 days from Barcelona...where to?

Barcelona Jun 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I'm a single guy and get to go to Barcelona for a trip on the company dime in August. I can extend my trip 5 days and having never been to Europe I'd like to jump to another fun spot. I like beaches and a good party spot but I'm not really into the Euro techno scene. I thought Lagos might be a fun spot to go, but it's kind of a pain to get to from Barcelona. Any ideas out there of a fun place for a single guy to spend five days and relatively easy to get to from Barcelona?

Thanks!!

more
    • beach in tarragona

Tarragona Jun 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM

thinking of booking a week in august in tarragona as i like city/beach holidays. Quite used to town beaches but can't seem to find much info about the beach in tarragona. Is it nice and suitable for sunbathing

more
    • Blanes or Barcelona?

Blanes Jul 18, 2014 at 1:56 AM

I have only 3 days in Spain and i am flying into Barcelona...I have heard Blanes is beautiful. The question is stay in Barcelona and take a day trip to Blanes or stay in Blanes and take a day trip to Barcelona?

more
    • limestone scenery west of Igualada

Igualada Jun 24, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I have travelled on the A2 and noticed the interesting and beautiful limestone scenery around junction 526 between Igualada and Tarrega. There are numerous raised terraced areas on which appear to be growing barley and (in May) poppies. I would like to make a point of spending some time here to explore and take photos next time. It looks like a great area for a painting holiday too. Does this area have a name and can anyone recommend a good rural place to stop for a couple of nights? Many thanks for your help.

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Barcelona

Barcelona Jul 8, 2014 at 7:37 AM

As a gift for my son and his bride, I'm planning a trip to Barcelona and Amsterdam the 2nd week in October. Dates are moderately flexible (can't be before the 6th, but after that it's not important), as is the order in which we do things. The basic desire is the spend some time in Barcelona, do an overnight train to Amsterdam, and spend a few days there. we have 7-9 days with which to work. We can start in either city, but more days in Barcelona than Amsterdam. I'm thinking of renting an apt in Amsterdam and a hotel in Spain. I would like for the hotel to be a little more high end, but it doesn't have to be the most luxurious there. Any suggestions on neighborhoods? What about the overnight train? Is that a good idea? I know flying is cheaper, but I think they would enjoy the experience and I'd have to pay for a night's lodging anyway, so it would be about the same. They are not "touristy" travelers. They want local food and feel, museums and to walk the city. Maybe one day on the beach (is that even doable in Oct?).

more
    • From El Prat to Barcelona city centre

Barcelona Jun 26, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Which is the best type of transport to get from El Prat airport to Barcelona city centre? Which ist the best and also not so expensive?

more
    • Where can I buy shoes in Barcelona?

Barcelona Jul 17, 2014 at 3:53 AM

I'm here for a business travel and I'd like to buy exclusive shoes for my wife. I need some suggestions!

more
    • Jerelis's Profile Photo

Archaeological remains at L'escala

by Jerelis Online Now Jun 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Hello,

In 2008 I visited the excavations at L'escala and I was a bit disappointed when I was there. They told me that the just started the excavations and it would be rewarding to come and see it a few years later.

This summer I will be in Pals, which is nearby and I wonder if it is worth while (4 years later) to visit it again. Has anybody visited it recently?

Thanx in advance.

Jeroen

3 Answers Jun 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    • Bus Time table to L'escala

by rayamcguire Online Now Sep 4, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Could someone assist with a website or time table indicating
      the Bus times from Girona Airport to Girona and then to L'escala and return.
      Arrival at Girona Airport on Sept 21st and departing on Sept
      24th. Research suggests emailing 'ot.aerogirona.ctc@gencat.net' but it fails to deliver
      Regards, Ray

2 Answers Sep 4, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    • BillBrown2010's Profile Photo

Seeking Accommodations with WiFi Access

by BillBrown2010 Online Now May 11, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Do you know of any hotels with WiFi access in La Escala? TIA.

• any ideas on where we stayed?

by aalysonn Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 2:38 AM

Hi 7 years ago we had a great family holiday in either LEsacala or Le Startit on the Costa Brava.We thought it was LeStartit but google mapworld is making us wonder it was LeScala. The place had a lovely promenade and I remember a shop with a wooden carving of a red indian outside. Any photos or advice will be gratefully received.
      Thanks
      Alyson Hall
      ps fro further world travel go to www.hallgapyear.co.uk