change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Marseille one and half day stay

Marseille Nov 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Hello All,

I will be in marseille from noon of 22nd September to morning of 24th september. So excluding the nights, I have one and half day...I am interested in visiting the calanques , Notre–Dame de La Garde,,Chateau d'If. But not sure how to divide my time. Can you suggest please?

more
    • Kitchen shop?

Avignon Nov 15, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Looking to buy herb scissors in Avignon. Any suggestions, please?

more
    • elisabethsb's Profile Photo

Coming to La Ciotat via Navette 69

by elisabethsb Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Bonjour! I'm heading down to La Ciotat tomorrow for a very brief sejour with a friend. It will be my first time in the town and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the Vieux Port and beautiful calanques.

I have, however, run into a bit of a situation with transport. I will be arriving from Grenoble at the gare de Marseille Saint-Charles, where I plan to check my rather cumbersome suitcase for the weekend. I had planned to simply take a regional train from Marseille to La Ciotat, but have since realized that the train would drop me off at the Gare SNCF in La Ciotat, which is a bit of a hike from where I'd like to be.

I'm now planning to take the La Ciotat/Marseille navette (ligne 69) that runs in between the two cities. It seems to be the best option, as it is inexpensive and would drop me off at the Gare Routiere in La Ciotat, right in the center of town! However, the navette departs NOT from the Gare Saint-Charles, but from the Halte routiere sud in Marseille. Could anyone tell me about this bus stop? How to get to it from the train station? (It looks like there should be a M1 metro stop in the area.) How long it takes to get there? Where you can buy tickets?

Je vous remercie par avance! Thank you in advance.

Elisabeth

4 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 3:15 AM