La Barra de Navidad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Creel airport

Mexico Mar 16, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Does anyone know when this airport will actually be opening? I'm wanting to book my holiday but just know that the airport will open just when I have made alternative, lengthier travel arrangements!

more
    • gmaxcy's Profile Photo

Buying a house in Isla Mujeres

Isla Mujeres Mar 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Hello,
      Has anyone bought a house in Isla Mujeres? Can I get some advise from you?
      I already found a house I just don't know how to go about buying it and who to trust.
      Thanks, Gaby

more
    • Best pizza?

Puerto Peñasco Mar 6, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Best place for pizza in Peurto Penasco.

more
    • emmatravels's Profile Photo

Scooter Rentals in Cabo or Todos Santos

Todos Santos Mar 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We will be in Todos Santos for a couple of months and would like to rent Scooters. Are there good rental places in Todos Santos (or Cabo)?

more
    • Barcelo Maya Colonial contact

Mexico Mar 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Does anyone know contact email for the hotel in order to give a request?

more
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Merida Mexico, neighborhood questions

Mexico Mar 1, 2015 at 1:31 PM

My wife and I plan to rent an apartment in Merida for one year. We are coming from Chicago (we are upper in our 40's) and would like a general overview of areas in the city. I understand my question is very general, but it will give a place to start . I have been told that the north side (Chuburna) is rather residential.

more
    • how far to walk to tijuana

Tijuana Mar 22, 2015 at 12:30 AM

how far after the broader is it to walk to tijuana shopping

more
    • islasisterchick's Profile Photo

Place in TS to meet people

Todos Santos Mar 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I'll be in Todos Santos on my own and was wondering if there was a bar or location that's best to meet people, both travelers and locals? I was thru there once for a day but it seemed pretty quiet and I like to make new friends to meet for drinks.

more
    • car rental

Cancún Mar 15, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Any suggestions on car rental in Cancun? I've heard good things and horror stories about different agencies with some people saying an agency is good and another saying the same agency is a terrible rip-off. What experiences have you had?

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Things to do in Cancun with a Toddler

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I saw a previous posting about "excursions with a baby" but I am hoping Cancun experts will be able to weigh in on some activities we are considering with our toddler. We are going to Cancun for 5 days (before heading to Tulum for a wedding). Some things we have thought about doing with our son who will be 20 months are:

- Isla Mujeres Day Trip, Underwater Museum and Tortugranja
      - Garrafon Natural Reef Park
      - Xcaret
      - Hummer Jungle Tour
      - Marine Turtle Observation
      - Aktun Chen, Akumal
      - Wet n Wild
      - Cancun Interactive Museum
      - Crococun Zoo

I am wondering if any of these are "tourist traps" worth avoiding, and if something is a must. We plan to do one activity a day as our child is very active and likes to be outdoors doing something.

Thanks for any insight.

Kimberly

more
    • Private Excursions vs. Group Excursions to the Mayan Ruins

Cancún Mar 6, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hi, I am going to Cancun soon and I was wondering what kind of tour company to use and looking for some suggestions of trustworthy tours to the Mayan Ruins (Tulum, Coba or Chichen Itza). I see that there are small private minibus tours for what looks to be a similar price as the big group bus tours. I would prefer that way because of the flexibility. My husband and I have been to Cancun 2 times before but our kids haven't and we want them to have a more authentic experience. I speak fluent Spanish if that helps. BTW, I don't want to deal with renting a car.

more
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Good hotel

Cancún Mar 17, 2015 at 8:48 AM

We are planning our first trip to Cancun (with a 4 day hop over to Havana) in November.
      We are in our mid 60s so don't want/need late night night club's, however we do like a drink and some entertainment within walking of our hotel.
      Would be grateful for advice/recommendation's on a decent hotel/s that might fit the above.
      Not concerned if all inclusive or not.
      Ta

more
    • Going to different hotels

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Can you visit other people in other hotels

more
    • traveltrish's Profile Photo

Day of the dead

Mexico City Mar 8, 2015 at 4:34 AM

Hola,
      Where is the best place for Day of the dead celebrations in Mexico. Travelling with a friend, we want to experience authentic Mexico and not too commercial.
      Muchas gracias in advance
      Tricia

more
    • Family of 6 moving to Mexico City- Need advise!

Mexico City Mar 1, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Hi all, we recently found out my there is a high likelihood we will be moving to Mexico city for a US Gov job at the Embassy. Though we are extremely excited for the adventure we are also a family of 6 with 4 school age children and I want to gather as much information as possible. We would be living there for 2-5 years. I have been told that many US Embassy employees live in Polanco but that it is a very "plastic" place. Condessa I hear is very nice as well. I want to totally be a part of the city and culture, my husband is Mexican and I am Peruvian/Spanish so it will not be a culture shock to us but I want to make it as easy a transition as possible for our children. I also have been told the children of US embassy employees go to private schools that are very demanding. We have been given a housing allowance up to $3500/usd a month, what type of home will that afford us? And how about vacation spots close by? We like to vacation a lot and would want to take advantage of being so close to Cancun and Acapulco. Any insight as to what to expect for a US family living in Mexico City (specifically US Gov employee) would be so helpful! Thanks in advance!

more
    • green card lost/stolen

Tijuana Mar 8, 2015 at 7:41 AM

hi everyone i have a question , my green card was stolen (plus DL,money and credit card) in houston airport, that happened this week 3-3-15, it was the same day that my mom pass away :( the reason why im here, im planning to return to usa by tijuana border(walking), i only have with me,my mexican passport, a houston police report about stolen green card, and a previews temporary visa but is already expired, im very desesperate, my kids and husband are in usa, I dont have money ,i dont know what to do, I dont want to lose my permanent residen status, should I walk to the tijuana border and explain my case to the officer?

more
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

Loved Mérida, where to next?

Mexico Mar 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I just got back from spending an absolutely amazing week in Mérida, and even though I've only been back home for a few days, I'm already thinking about going back to Mexico to see more of the country. So what would be your suggestions for great places to visit in Mexico? I'd rather avoid Mexico City and places filled with all-inclusive resorts such as Playa del Carmen. I hear Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende are nice to visit? I'm looking for safe destinations that are relatively easy to get to. Culture, history and nature (hiking) are my biggest interests, not having access to the beach is not an issue. So, any thoughts?

more
    • Dengue Fever

Puerto Morelos Mar 7, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Hi,

My wife an I are supposed to go to Puerto Morelos on Monday, but on Friday our doctor advised against it due to a dengue fever epidemic there. Is this true? Would you cancel your trip? She is 20 weeks pregnant and this was supposed to be a holiday and finally our honeymoon before the baby arrives. Others have said there is no risk. What do you think?

more