change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Aussie_Blayne's Profile Photo

Cheeky football trip to Kyrgyzstan

Kyrgyzstan Apr 14, 2015 at 3:47 AM

So my beloved Australian Football team just drew Kyrgyzstan away in the preliminary World Cup Qualifying rounds.... We also have Jordan, Tajikistan and Bangladesh (Not exactly the group of death i know :) )

Would it be worth a trip or don't bother?

Cheers

Blayne

more
    • Reccommend

Kyrgyzstan 8 hours ago

We were travelling in Kyrgyzstan. For a long time were looking for a good tour operator. At last stoped into the company "Tumar Travel"
      All service was good!
      Our route was:Bishkek-Bishkek - Issyk-Kul - Karakol-Kochkor Village-Son-Kul-Tash-Rabat-Osh -departure.

It a pity that we were lack of time and had a flight from Osh to Bishkek. Better is to transfer by car-says that the road is amazing!!

Good luck to all))

Their contacts:ttumar.travel@gmail.com

• Aussie_Blayne's Profile Photo

Cheeky football trip to Kyrgyzstan

Kyrgyzstan Apr 14, 2015 at 3:47 AM

So my beloved Australian Football team just drew Kyrgyzstan away in the preliminary World Cup Qualifying rounds.... We also have Jordan, Tajikistan and Bangladesh (Not exactly the group of death i know :) )

Would it be worth a trip or don't bother?

Cheers

Blayne

2 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 5:14 AM
    • fionaglasgow's Profile Photo

Times of buses Bishkek to Almaty

Bishkek Mar 22, 2015 at 6:46 AM

We plan to travel from Almaty in June to spend two nights in Bishkek. Please could anyone tell me what would be the latest bus running from Bishkek, Western Bus Station to Almaty? I understand the journey will take 4 to 5 hours.

We were thinking about leaving Bishkek about 15:00 and understand buses leave when they are full.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2015 at 2:51 AM
    • malkey's Profile Photo

Mountain Biking & Hiking or horseback riding in Kyrgyzstan

Bishkek Jan 27, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Are there any organized hiking/biking tours of Kyrgyzstan? Any guidance would be most appreciated.
      Cheers,
      Malkey

1 Answer Jan 27, 2015 at 7:45 AM
    • (Cheap?) Solution to Slipping on Icy Walkways?

Bishkek Jan 15, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Only a couple of days left in Kyrgystan, and I don't want to have to make another! trip to the orthopedist. Anyone have a home-remedy type way to make walking in my (summertime) running shoes less treacherous?

6 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    • Bishkek-Osh

Osh Sep 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

What would the transfer time between Bishkek-Osh be if you're taking a bus/taxi?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • angiebabe's Profile Photo

any better suggestions and what day does the bus go from Osh to Irktesham pass?

Kyrgyzstan Sep 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM

Hi im in Almaty at the moment and wasted today so i need to stay another day i think to see the sights in the city and maybe the Great Almaty lake on the outskirts tomorrow instead of taking a bus to Bishkek....

any suggestions for any better routes as received info that my plans to go to Bishkek and then on to Osh and then to the pass into China are probably the best plan to stick to. I have a big suitcase and was planning to get to the Kashgar sunday market but realise that i need to abandon that idea and just keep going. I need to be in Nanjing on Monday in about 10 days time.
      so i can fly from Kashgar to Urumqi and Urumqi to Nanjing if need be.

but any suggestions - i chose the Irktesham pass as its said to be the easiest for independent travellers and doesnt rquire a permit whereas the Torugart one does...is that correct and does anyone know the days the bus does go from Osh to the Irk border...my book says its twice a week and i was hoping it had improved since then but a travel agent today said he thinks its only once a week but doesnt know what day...

any other recommendations for Bishkek and Osh...my book is mainly pointing out Silk road things, i downloaded the LP ebooks onto my laptop but not the easiest for reading properly! and cant get them onto my phone i dont think as having problems setting my new phone up to receive websites.

thanks in anticipation!

1 Answer Sep 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • Hi I am a lone traveler planning to visit Bishkek for two weeks

Bishkek Aug 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I am looking for a nice clean single accommodation at locals want to feel the Bishkek not as a international passenger but to belike a local and feel the hospitality of the local people

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Naryn to Osh

Kyrgyzstan Aug 11, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hi
      I am looking to travel from Naryn to Osh

Does anyone have any tips of things to see on the way?

Or even how best to complete this route?

We would like to stop in a traditional town on route if possible, although we don't have camping gear
      Thanks

4 Answers Sep 11, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • Itinerary decisions

Kyrgyzstan Aug 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Hi all we will fly to Bishkek in September and spend one week in Kyrgyztan and then a week in Uzbekistan our itinerary is below. I wonder if rather than going around Issyk Kul lake it would be nicer to drive from Bishkek to Osh and see places on the way (like Arslanbob). I wouldbe grateful if you let me know your thoughts, also any comments on the rest of the itinerary are very welcome. Many thanks form London.

Day 1: Bishkek, Ala-Archa National Park
      Day 2: Bishkek – Issyk-Kul
      Day 3: Issyk-Kul – Karakol
      Day 4: Karakol – Jety-Oguz gorge,
      Day 5: Jety-Oguz gorge, Djuuka gorge – Tamga
      Day 6: Tamga – Bishkek
      Day 7: Bishkek - Osh (fly)
      Day 8: Osh – Margilan – Rishtan - Tashkent
      Day 9: Tashkent – Bukhara
      Day 10: Bukhara
      Day 11: Bukhara – Samarkand
      Day 12: Samarkand
      Day 13: Samarkand – Tashkent
      Day 15: departure

6 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    • kayenewland's Profile Photo

Altitude Sickness

Kyrgyzstan Jun 8, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Hi,
      I am travelling to Kyrgyzstan next month on an organised tour, we are heading up to just over 3000t metres, via the torugart pass to tash rabat
      Will AMS be an issue, or am I just being a little over cautious?
      thanks
      Kaye

10 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    • Clubs in Bishkek?

Bishkek Jun 1, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Hello, all! Does anyone know an interesting club (arts, sports, dancing) you can join in Bishkek for a two week stay?

Thank-you,

• travel to issyk kul

Bishkek May 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM

hii
      i am a indian student studying in bishkek. how to travel to issyk kul lake from bishkek?can you help please.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Rienne's Profile Photo

Backpacking Group tour operator for Central Asia

Kyrgyzstan Apr 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hey guys

I am planning to visit the Central Asia this summer (probably Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan) and was looking for a tour operator that offers backpacking tours for groups (i.e. for individuals to travel together, and not for already existing groups that plan a trip together).

I have traveled like this before and loved the spirit of the group of like-minded travelers from all over the world that I shared my experiences with as well as the fact that I could enjoy the trip, instead of wasting my time organizing accomodation or transportation (so please don't come up with the recommendation that I should travel there on my own ;)).

I am 25 years old and looking for a tour where people are around my age. The trip should be a broad mixture of activities and should visit the big cities as well as some hidden spots.

Has anyone already done a trip like this or can suggest any operators that provide such group tours?

I am thankful for any advice!

2 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM
    • bertioga's Profile Photo

Bishkek and . . . ? ? ?

Kyrgyzstan Mar 19, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hi
      In late April I will be flying into Bishkek and flying out after only 6 days.
      I am a 65 year-old male and have a bad leg; so no trekking for me except for bazaars and lakeshore.
      Further, I am a teacher, so I travel on a small budget.
      I am considering getting out of Bishkek; the obvious options seem to be:
      1) Karakol and/or Balykchy (I would enjoy walking on the lakeshore)
      or
      2) Osh and/or Jalal Abad
      or
      ??
      Thank you for any suggestions

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    • bisbj's Profile Photo

Skiing from Bishkek 2014

Bishkek Feb 7, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I am working in Bishkek and interested in going skiing on the weekends; either for one or two days. The cheapest way is to go to the closest resorts with a local operator, where you can get an all-inclusive package for 1,500 Som ($30) covering transport, ski rental and lift ticket. I have not yet managed to test this, as they have vehicle issues...

Better resorts are about 100 km away and one can get 4WD transport for the day for $85. The car can take up to 4 passengers; there would be additional costs for a lift pass (around 600 Som) and ski rental (600 Som).

If you are interested in sharing transport on any of the following days: 15-16/2; 22-23/2; 1-2/3; or 8-9/3; send an email to bisbjerg at attglobal.net

• jwilson7020's Profile Photo

Visiting practices - Kyrgyzstan

Kyrgyzstan Jan 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM

1) When visiting or beginning a face to face business engagement how should the conversations proceed?
      2) When is the appropriate part of visit to bring up business? Does one bring up the matters right away, or is it customary to talk about non-business related matters to break the ice or conclude the business meeting?
      3) What is the attitude, rate, pitch, and tone usually found in a business engagement in Kyrgyzstan?

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • jwilson7020's Profile Photo

Greeting Customs?

Kyrgyzstan Jan 8, 2014 at 10:51 AM

What are some distinctive approaches for greetings a westerner should be aware of?.
      How does one giving and receiving compliments when greeting a Kyrgyz or other resident?
      When/How does one take their leave and bid farewell?

• jorjchoi's Profile Photo

Who wants to be Nomads?

Bishkek Dec 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hi, everyone.

Thread title is irrelevant, by the way. LOL.

Real Questions are:
      1. What's the better option for a lone traveler like me who wants to travel in Kyrgyzstan for a month - Do it Yourself or a tour company? (Should be budget wise as i'm as poor as a lone tree in the desert).
      2. Is it fine if I travel first to Kazakhstan then overland to Bishkek?
      3. Wanna go with me?

6 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Can i renew or extend 60day tourist visa?

Kyrgyzstan Nov 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Im coming to bishkek on a 60day tourist visa from the Uk. I may like to stay longer. I heard I need to go to almaty to get new visa. Any advice?

3 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • Traveller-65's Profile Photo

Edelweiss Travel Company

Kyrgyzstan Oct 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Doens anyone have experience with this company from Kyrgyzstan?? Their website is down so I don't know if they are still in bussiness.
      I'm looking for a way go get around the country and as public transport and guesthouses are not wide spread I thought maybe Edelweiss is an option.

5 Answers 9 hours ago
    • Any hostels for backpackers in Batken?

Kyrgyzstan Aug 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Morning!

I am coming over to Batken, from Isfara, Tajikistan, and would like to stay a nigh or two.

Has anyone stayed in the city? Where, how much and how was your experience?

Thanks,

• henri123's Profile Photo

torugart pass

Kyrgyzstan Jul 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

is it permitted to cross the torugart pass on a local bus leaving Bishkek?
      what is the frequency of that bus?
      i am canadian

5 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy village and nomad life, yurts?

Kyrgyzstan Jul 14, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Hi out there!
      We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
      Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
      Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life, sounds very interesting for Kyrgyzstan!
      It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, too, just a few days each, e.g. 2-4 days each, or one week long trek and daytrips here and there. We are definately flexible, first priority is to enjoy the most, the real side of the country.
      We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
      So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
      All ideas are very welcomed guys!
      many thanks
      Nikolaos

3 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Recommendations for 3-4 week low budget backpacker trip into nature-culture?

Kyrgyzstan Jun 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hi there! Just starting to organize an upcoming trip to Kyrgyzstan this September, in quest of beautiful spots in nature, culture, villages, rural life, walk around as much as possible, hike (low/medium altitude) mountains…
      At which places of Kyrgyzstan do you think, should we focus plans, in order to venture around nice areas without spending too much?
      Our budget seems a little limited, maybe could work (?) lets say around 30euro /40$ / 200 som pppd, due to recent financial limitations…
      The luxurious travel agencies - package tours are totally out of the question…
      But sharing occasionally a car with others, or using backpacker-friendly agencies sometimes to ease some parts, transfer between remote places, could be within budget limits hopefully.We will be a group of 2 or 3 friends, speaking just English (and Greek!)
      Any suggestions and experiences about such areas and budget-wise tips, are a big big help to us.
      Many thanks in advance!!
      All the best!
      Nikolaos

4 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    • How safe is it to travel alone?

Kyrgyzstan May 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I'm considering Kyrgyzstan for 2 weeks. I would love to get out into the nature, do some trekking, horse riding, cycling and relaxing!
      I am concerned about level of safety as a lone female traveller. Actually, not just as a lone female, but in general. Is Kyrgystan safe at the moment? friends and family are advising me against going.
      I am happy to go on a tour, but they all seem to have only one activity. Does anyone knowy of any tour companies that are multi activity?

2 Answers May 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    • mosh929's Profile Photo

Traveling Partner to Kyrgyztan

Kyrgyzstan Feb 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Greeting everyone,

I am a US citizen planning a trip to Kyrgyztan for the month of May.

Anyone want to join me?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • GIPA's Profile Photo

LETTER OF INVITATION TO KYRGYZSTAN

Bishkek Dec 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Please , anyone could explain me how does it function?
      I am brazilian.
      Thanks in advance.
      GIPA

5 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    • pgonsa's Profile Photo

From Bishkek to Beijing

Kyrgyzstan Aug 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Hello
      I'm planning to go by land from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to Beijing, China. Does anyone here has done this or part of it? Does anybody know if I can cross the border to China there?
      Thank you!

8 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    • Kyrgyzstan: buying a motorbike?

Kyrgyzstan May 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Hey,

Can I buy a scooter in Kyrgyzstan and cross the border with Tajikistan? What would I need?

Can I registered it on my name? I hoping to get to Uzbekistan with it as well.

Thank you for reading... Any help will be welcome.

Thank you for reading,

Or1020@gmail.com