Saimaluu Tash in July and 2 nights stay
I have a couple of passions and one of them is ancient spiritual and shamanistic sites, especially those with rock art and thanks to CentralAsia_Traveler (CAT) on Lonely Planet ThornTree, I've found a great one called Saimaluu - Tash .
I have a few questions for my intended journey to this ancient place in early-mid July on my way through Naryn-Kazarman-Jalal-Abad-Osh trail.
First, here is what I know:
-It is a difficult and off-the-path place (intriguing).
-It is likely only accessible in July/August.
-It probably reuires a guide, although I've found those that seem to have done it on their own, including this pair who did it in the 'off season'.
-CBT is one option for guides (I've written them but no reply).
1. I'd like to rent horses to haul gear and perhaps spend TWO nights up top, just meditating, photographing, and sketching the petroglyphs. Would this be possible? Where can I rent tents/bags or will I have to bring along my own?
2. After my journey to Osh, are there flights from Osh back to Almaty (where I fly out of) or at least back to Bishkek? Or should I fly out of Jalal-Abad?
3. When up at the site, I've heard that 'many are fake'. Is this true? If so, will my guide be able to tell which are real? Would I be able to do so?
4. Would this journey, under any circumstance, be possible to do by myself on foot if dropped at the base of the trail i.e. is it well marked?
5. Can anyone reccommend some specific guides that are still running this route out of CBT (most posts were 4+ years old that mentioned specific guides).
6. Are there any other 'similar' sites utilized by shamans in southern KZ or south/central KG? (I understand that there is one on a cliff side near Osh).