I am not sure if anyone here will know the answers to my questions or some suggestions of places to find the answers. I have inquiries into the embassies and to a few tour companies but have not heard anything back and am trying to expand my quest for answers. We have also looked at the embassy websites to no avail.
1. What are the Kyrgyzstan's restrictions and regulations on the import and
export of horses?
For example what paperwork is needed as far as vaccinations, proof of
2. Are there any tests the horses will have to take once in your country
if they come from another?
3. Will the horses need to be registered anywhere on entry to your
country, or upon their purchase?
4. Are there any border crossings where horses are restricted from
crossing into and out of the country?
5. Are there any border crossings where it would be easier to
import/export a horse, in your opinion?
Any help on any of these questions would be absolutely amazing. We are trying to decide our route, but that all depends on which borders we may cross with horses and which we cannot. The plan is to travel through Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan to start.
Thank again for your time and knowledge!