Kyrenia District Travel Answers

change location

Driving from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia

by suzyjj Online Now May 9, 2008 at 6:21 AM

It looks like the cheapest flying option from the UK is to go to Larnaca and travel across. How long does it take to drive, will it be possible to buy the additional required car hire insurance at approx 2am and do many of the Larnaca car hire companies actually refuse to let you take the car across?

I know someone has previously suggested not telling them and then drive carefully but don't really want to take that risk.

What is the approx taxi fare bearing in mind my flight arrives at around midnight? Was wondering if it would work out cheaper to get taxi to/from Larnaca and hire a car locally.

Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Driving from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia

by suzyjj Online Now May 9, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Thanks for the speedy response. Had a read and very useful.

Any idea how long this journey takes though? I see the border crossing is open 24 hours so imagine you can buy the necessary insurance any time.

If anyone knows how much the taxi costs.....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Driving from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia

by suzyjj Online Now May 9, 2008 at 11:20 AM

It's been about 6/7 years since I was last there so am expecting it to have changed a bit due to the building work. Hope there are still relatively deserted beaches as I remember last time.

Considering what you said about the journey, especially as it's the middle of the night, we've spoken to the villa owners and they can arrange return taxi from/to Larnaca + 6 days car hire (4 wheel drive) for £200 so think we'll take them up on this offer which will save a lot of hassle.

Just looked at a 15 day weather forecast and there seems to be a heatwave going on w/c 19 May with temps going up to 36c!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Kyrenia District Travel Answer Locations