change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hallssamantha's Profile Photo

Changes to visa for Turkey

by Hallssamantha Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Do we need to apply for a visa to visit north Cyprus ?

6 Answers Yesterday
    • local music

by havril Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

We are traveling to Kyrenia this coming October and would like to know if there are any local places {non touristy} playing live Turkish music

thanks
      Harvey

• Vegetarian Food

by afrann Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Visiting Kyrenia in November and wonder if anyone can recommend any restaurants with good choice for veggies. I eat dairy but no meat or fish.

1 Answer Oct 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    • How has Kyrenia changed?

by lilacwings Online Now Feb 18, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Am planning to visit Kyrenia in June. Last visited about 10 years ago and found it a lovely, enchanting place. However... have just read a scarey couple of postings on TA which say that Kyrenia is much changed and not for the better, in particular, the poster said how run down it has become in recent years etc etc. Could anyone give me an honest appraisal of the situation before I make my final booking?

Also, I was intending staying at Sammy's Hotel (can't stand 'posh' 5* ones!). Any comments on the hotel? And is it a walkable distance from the harbour? (Looks OK on the map, but maps can be misleading!).

Any information you can give would be very, very gratefully received.

9 Answers Nov 8, 2010 at 4:21 AM
    • jimmymike's Profile Photo

visiting

by jimmymike Online Now Jun 13, 2007 at 1:51 PM

I am booked in at the British hotel in Kyrenia for my next holiday and would like to know if anyone has any info about the place. I understand it is a small but pleasant B and B place.

1 Answer Jun 18, 2008 at 10:00 PM
    • How to get from Kyrenia to Ayia Napa

by Kerryb428 Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 5:46 AM

I will be in Kyrenia on June 24th for a week and hope to go to Ayia Napa for a day/night when i am there. Is it easy to get a bus to Ayia Napa from Kyrenia and back again?
      thanks
      kerry

1 Answer Jun 4, 2007 at 7:41 AM
    • international student in girne

by goodstudent Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 1:16 AM

i will be going to girne to study from feb07.i want to know the general feeling towards blacks as am black and also i want to know whether students are allowed to visit other countries in the eu and uk since north cyprus is still a divided country and not recognized by other countries.
      any fast answer will be of help as my parents want me to go to malaysia but i prefer north cyprus because of pro european way of life.

1 Answer Jan 9, 2007 at 3:38 PM
    • MrBill's Profile Photo

Ferry from Kyrenia to Antalya

by MrBill Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 2:05 AM

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the ferry service between Kyrenia and Antalya? I have a few days off in January, 2007, and nothing to do. I was thinking about taking the ferry to Antalya and just looking about and maybe stay a few days? Do you know its schedule or its costs? Thank you very much. Happy holidays! ; - )

2 Answers Jan 9, 2007 at 3:37 AM
    • Car hire

by VIDEONET Online Now Oct 4, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Does anyone know what is the best way to travel from Lanraca to Kyrenia. I am hiring a car and from the postings here it looks as if the best way or the only way is by taxi. Any idea how much that will be ? Is it possible to drive to the border and leave my car there and get a taxi the other side ?

• sunflower7's Profile Photo

Crossing the border??

by sunflower7 Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 4:49 AM

Hi There,
      Am thinking of flying in to Larnaca and getting a taxi to accomodation in Kyrenia and wondered if anyone else has flown in to the south of Cyprus and crossed in to the north? Is there a problem crossing the border then back in to the south again to fly home??

Any hints/tips/advice welcomed x

1 Answer Sep 29, 2006 at 12:06 PM
    • sunflower7's Profile Photo

Building work and traffic??!!!

by sunflower7 Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 5:40 AM

Hi There,
      We are thinking of going to Kyrenia next year for a holiday as we have been to southern Cyprus a few times and loved it. Im a bit concerned as Ive read reports saying that there is building works EVERYWHERE! Really worried about how bad it is as dont want to hear constuction noises while we are site seeing and realaxing!! Also heard how congested the place is? Please can someone thats been give me an honest report and whether they would go back or not? This would be very appriciated. There is buliding works goin on in southern Cyprus but this did not affect our holidays. Also please can someone let me know how expensive it is to eat out and also whats the food quality like? Have been to Turkey and loved the food there!

Thanks for any help X

2 Answers Aug 31, 2006 at 8:36 AM
    • haroldkroy's Profile Photo

Lapta

by haroldkroy Online Now Jan 15, 2006 at 3:00 AM

Can anyone tell me how long a trabsfer will take from Larnaca to Lapta?
      Anyone got any tips or advice on Lapta?
      Thanks

10 Answers Feb 5, 2006 at 8:28 AM
    • boat hire / car hire North Cyprus

by MikeBR50 Online Now Sep 10, 2005 at 3:22 PM

We are going to North Cyprus next week staying in Kyrenia and wood like to hire a small motor boat for one or two days. Does anyone know if you can hire & how much it will cost. Last year we hired a car from Autumn car hire but I can't find a web site for them, are they still in businesss?

• currency

by shortie1 Online Now Aug 31, 2005 at 11:45 AM

Hi , we are off to Kyrenia next week and have read that sterling or euros may be preferable to Turkish lira . Also is it common for commission to be charged on traveller cheques .

2 Answers Sep 1, 2005 at 12:39 PM
    • petrkar's Profile Photo

Car hire advices?

by petrkar Online Now Aug 25, 2005 at 6:20 AM

We will go for holidays to northern Cyprus on Sep/Oct break. Browsing this discussion I came to conclusion that car hire is almost essential to spend time in TRNC meaningfuly. There are several companies tendering car-hire service on the web in Kyrenia vicinity, but some personal experience would be of great value. Is it better to make reservartion through net in advance or I would negotiate personally after arrival? Are the prices comparable or incommensurable? Which traps I would be aware of? Let me know, please, if somebody has really surpassing or awesome adventures.
      ... and the last, although petty question: what is the actual petrol price?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2005 at 4:54 AM
    • Irish26's Profile Photo

Car Hire North & South

by Irish26 Online Now Aug 5, 2005 at 1:53 AM

Hi All,

Travelling to Cyprus end Sept. Can somebody recommend a car hire company at Larnaca Airport who have no problem with their cars being in the North and South.

Thanking you

Irish26

2 Answers Sep 16, 2005 at 4:51 AM
    • Irish26's Profile Photo

Travel from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia HELP

by Irish26 Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 12:42 PM

Looking to travel from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia What are my options ? What about a taxi or renting a car from South to use in the North. I will be arriving at border at 8.00 pm

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    • petrkar's Profile Photo

Asking for tips from experienced...

by petrkar Online Now Jul 26, 2005 at 9:23 AM

We booked stay in Acapulco resort 8km from Kyrenia for this september. We choosed the north Cyprus hoping that touristic 'heavy-industry' doesn't touched it too irreconcilably. Nevertheless, we would like to have some information how to travel from that place (which appears to be remote spot, may be rather the sort of "touristic ghetto") to the Kyrenia, at least. We would prefer local public transportation, but we plan also to hire car for one/two days, if it is not too complicated or too expensive. Any advices (not only covering transportation) will be greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Aug 6, 2005 at 12:33 PM
    • Chris&Jan's Profile Photo

Diving in Northern Cyprus

by Chris&Jan Online Now Apr 10, 2005 at 6:40 AM

Hi,just joined this fantastic site. My partner Jan and I are going to N. Cyprus on the 21st June this year for a week. We are keen divers and would appreciate some advice on dive schools etc, also, what is the diving like. Cheers. Chris.

• Any advice?

by fizzb Online Now Jul 30, 2003 at 9:26 AM

I am looking to book a holiday to Kyrenia at the end of November, and have a very reasonable quote from the "Villa Club Holiday Village". It looks great from the website, but does anyone have any first hand experience? Also, are there plenty of good restaurants in the vicinity (we're very keen eaters when we're on holiday!). Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

1 Answer Feb 19, 2004 at 2:16 PM
    • Cornishgirl's Profile Photo

Weather in Cyprus

by Cornishgirl Online Now Dec 3, 2002 at 4:56 AM

Can anyone ell me what weather/temperature to expect in Cypus in the first week of April?