Kyrenia Travel Answers

change location
sunflower7's Profile Photo

Building work and traffic??!!!

by sunflower7 Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 5:40 AM

Hi There,
We are thinking of going to Kyrenia next year for a holiday as we have been to southern Cyprus a few times and loved it. Im a bit concerned as Ive read reports saying that there is building works EVERYWHERE! Really worried about how bad it is as dont want to hear constuction noises while we are site seeing and realaxing!! Also heard how congested the place is? Please can someone thats been give me an honest report and whether they would go back or not? This would be very appriciated. There is buliding works goin on in southern Cyprus but this did not affect our holidays. Also please can someone let me know how expensive it is to eat out and also whats the food quality like? Have been to Turkey and loved the food there!

Thanks for any help X

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SallyM's Profile Photo

RE: Building work and traffic??!!!

by SallyM Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 6:00 AM

It's 7 years since I visited Kyrenia (April 1999), so this isn't the most up to date information, but whilst there was a certain amount of building work, (mainly houses for returning ex-pats) it was not intrusive.

It was certainly anything but congested - there weren't that many tourists at all. Just good restaurants, fascinating (and uncrowded) archaeological sites and lots of wild flowers.

Watch out for cats if you eat in one of the restaurants in Kyrenia harbour though - they have perfected the art of aggressive begging!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ricky52's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Building work and traffic??!!!

by ricky52 Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 8:36 AM

Chill.
    You will love the place.
    Kyrena traffic can get a little busy at certain times of the day, no worse than your local town.
    Food is the same as found in Turkey with prices to match.
    You cannot avoid building work no matter where you go in the world, we did not notice it.
    Northern Cyprus is the place we hope to retire to.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines