Kyrenia Travel Answers

change location
Irish26's Profile Photo

Travel from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia HELP

by Irish26 Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 12:42 PM

Looking to travel from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia What are my options ? What about a taxi or renting a car from South to use in the North. I will be arriving at border at 8.00 pm

Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Loubna's Profile Photo

RE: Travel from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia HELP

by Loubna Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 3:58 PM

Hi there,
    You can do both but a taxi from larnaca will only take you to the checkpoint and then you will have to take another one on the turkish side to Kyrenia. If you rent a car then you can take it through the crossing and the insurance will be higher. Might be an idea not to mention it to the rental car agency. All cars have to get a 3 or more days insurance at the crossing. Let me know if you have more questions.
    Have a good trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Irish26's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Travel from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia HELP

by Irish26 Online Now Aug 2, 2005 at 1:04 AM

Hi,

Can i get insurance at the checkpoint anytime of the day or night for a rental car. What cost is the taxi from Larnaca to checkpoint and from checkpoint to Kyrenia. Can i book a taxi from the north to pick us up in Larnaca if so any suggestions

Thanks again in Advance

• Loubna's Profile Photo

by Loubna Online Now Aug 3, 2005 at 11:37 PM

Hi there, I think you can at anytime but am not 100% sure. Taxi from Larnaca to check point is around 25 pounds and from Nicosia to Kyrenia another 20 pounds or so. You can easily find taxis outside of the airport at Larnaca and depending on time of day near the check point at Nicosia.
    On the other hand if you rent a car you make your life a bit easier. What time do you arrive in Larnaca?

by Irish26 Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 4:13 AM

We arrive in Larnaca about 3.30 pm local time. Can we hire a car in the south, drive to North and drive the same car in North. I know we can get insurance at the border but what is the attitude of the car hire companies in the south to there car travelling over border and staying there. Do some hotels in Kyrenia organise pick up from Larnaca. Can you recommend a good hotel in Kyrenia and a car hire company in the north or south that would suit our needs?

Thanks for all your help so far

RE: RE: RE: Travel from Larnaca airport to Kyrenia HELP

by Irish26 Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 4:59 AM

We arrive in Larnaca about 3.30 pm local time. Can we hire a car in the south, drive to North and drive the same car in North. I know we can get insurance at the border but what is the attitude of the car hire companies in the south to there car travelling over border and staying there. Do some hotels in Kyrenia organise pick up from Larnaca. Can you recommend a good hotel in Kyrenia and a car hire company in the north or south that would suit our needs?

Thanks for all your help so far

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines