change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Kyoto-fu Travel Answer Locations

• Kyoto Souvenirs

Kyoto 20 hours ago

What particular Kyoto souvenirs South-east Asians usually buy? and among others that of Europeans and Americans..Is buying Kyoto souvenirs differ according to tourists` nationality?

1 Answer 13 hours ago
    • 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

Luggage lockers in Gion Shijyo Station

Kyoto Nov 9, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Does anyone know if there is a luggage locker in Gion Shijyo Station where we can leave our luggage while we tour Kyoto?

2 Answers Nov 10, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    • NAOMI58's Profile Photo

Kyoto experts please help

Kyoto Oct 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Do you know where exactly is City Tourist Association Visitor Information Center ? It is supossed to be located in front of Heian-jingu Shrine but I cannot locate it on Google maps and the area in fron of the shrine is enormous....

12 Answers Oct 14, 2015 at 9:58 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

JR train to Inari and then to Nara

Kyoto Sep 17, 2015 at 8:56 PM

1)is there a JR train on JR Nara line at about 8.00am?
      2)From there is there any JR train on the same line to Nara at about 10.00am?

2 Answers Sep 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM

The Icoca prepaid card for Kyoto area and the all day ticket to Arashiyama

Kyoto Aug 26, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Hi Kyoto experts !

What are the benefits of the prepaid Icoca card if I use it while I am in kyoto. ?

Will it save money on trains going from kyoto to nearby cities? Is it limited in time ?
      Also: What is the all day discounted ticket to Arashiyama ?

7 Answers Sep 11, 2015 at 7:42 AM
    • labeep's Profile Photo

Anyone traveling to Kyoto in November?

Kyoto Aug 11, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Hello fellow travelers!
      I am going to be traveling solo from USA to Kyoto from November 29th through December 5th (leaf peeping) and I wonder if somebody else is going to be traveling in the area to say hello and share some tea. I already have my hotel booked (that was many hours online, high season in Kyoto) and I am building my itinerary.

Pleasant trips and arigato!

1 Answer Aug 11, 2015 at 10:29 PM
    • 4 days in Kyoto - Any Free Onsen Experience, & Which onsen- Kinosaki, Kurama or Yunohana?

Kyoto Aug 6, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I've be traveling in Sep 15 to Kyoto & Osaka For an 8-day trip, so i'm pretty confused about which onsen experience to do. Firstly, any free onsen outdoor experience? And should i stay 2 days Kyoto & doing an outward trip to Kinosaki for a 2 nights stay before going to Osaka? Or should i just base in Kyoto Kawaramachi area, then do half day travel to either Kurama or Yunohana? Any suggestions for anywhere else nearby in Kyoto perfecture?

Thank you! Appreciate your kind advice & tips as i am now planning the itinerary :P

1 Answer Aug 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM

A day in Takao Japan

Kyoto Aug 5, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hi Kyoto experts
      I will be spending a month in Kyoto in November this year.
      Would like to make a day trip to Takao and visit these 3 temples :
      高山寺石水院 - Kozanji Sekisuiin
      Jingoji Temple - 神護寺, じんごじ
      and 京都 高雄)西明寺Saimyoji Temple
      I saw on Google map that there is a walking distance between temples but I wonder about public transportation between them.It looks on the map like I will have to walk on the main road, not very comfortable.
      Any ideas or tips for this day, where to start and how to make this trip easy

Thank you

I am not sure about the Japanese names - Can you correct them ?

4 Answers Aug 8, 2015 at 9:34 PM
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

best location

Kyoto Jul 8, 2015 at 6:18 AM

hi where is it better to stay? around central tokyo or around kyoto station?

6 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

Fushimi Inari Shrine and Nara from Kyoto with JR pass?

Kyoto May 20, 2015 at 2:47 PM

1)can we combine Fushimi Inari Shrine with Nara as a daytrip from Kyoto?
      2)we stay next to Kyoto station so what is the best train choice from considering we will have JR pass? (is it valid for this line?)

4 Answers May 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Kyoto - Night time photo opportunities

Kyoto Apr 10, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Will be visiting Kyoto soon for five days and would appreciate it if anyone could recommend some good buildings, temples or scenes that would be good subjects for some night time photo shots.
      Many thanks

4 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 12:58 AM
    • JosefadeMerlo's Profile Photo

To Otsu from Koju Station, Kyoto

Kyoto Mar 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Can I use the JR Pass to go from the Koju Station in Kyoto to Otsu Station?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    • airport to hotel

Kyoto Mar 20, 2015 at 5:57 AM

How far is it from airport kansai terminal 1 kix osaka to mitsui garden hotel sanjo and what is the best way to get there.

9 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    • What to see - 5 days in Kyoto by bicycle?

Kyoto Mar 14, 2015 at 1:28 AM

Hi, me and my husband will be spending 5 days in the city of Kyoto (it will be our first time in Japan).
      Our BnB is in Minami-ku, Kyoto Prefecture. They offer us two bicycles to drive around.
      Are there any bike tours that we can plan ahead and which places can we reach in a day ride?
      Are there some rules that we have to consider when riding bicycles?
      What about finding repair stores and parking lots?
      Thanks for your advice...

6 Answers Apr 5, 2015 at 5:15 PM
    • JR Kyoto to Brighton Hotel by Taxi

Kyoto Jan 24, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Hi, can any one pls let me know how much does it cost by taxi from JR Kyoto station to Kyoto Brighton Hotel ? Also, if I stay in Brighton Hotel (travel partner of my travel agent), does the location of the hotel make local sightseeing very inconvenient given that it is not near the station ? Many thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 4:00 PM
    • Haircut in Kyoto

Kyoto Dec 25, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Does anyone here know a place where I can get a good haircut?
      I'm going to my friends wedding on Sunday and I need a haircut ASAP. Thanks in advance

1 Answer Dec 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

from Osaka (Namba) to Kyoto

Kyoto Dec 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Hi guys!

What's the easiest and fastest way to go from Osaka to Kyoto? and also, From Kyoto station, which is nearer to go to - Golden Pavilon or Nijo Castle? Can we visit that 2 in one day? How can we go there? Thanks much

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • 2 day trip around Kyoto

Kyoto Nov 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Where we should go -for 2 days- around Kyoto?
      (Not Nara or Osaka, cause they are already in my travel plan)
      Do you know another interesting village/city/interesting place 10-50 km around Kyoto?
      Thank you!

8 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Kyoto Nov 17, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I will be taking flight to Osaka airport in End Jan.
      Planing to watch Shirakawa-go lights up. Have not been Japan for more than 10 years and never been to this part of Japan. Can the expert here please help? Thanks in advance!

Day 1 Osaka > Takayama
      Day 2 Takayama > Shirakawa-go > Takayama
      Day 3 Kyoto
      Day 4 Kyoto > Nara (day trip)
      Day 5 Kyoto > Mt Koya (day trip)
      Day 6 Kyoto
      Day 7 Kyoto
      Day 8 Osaka
      Day 9 Back home

Is it too much days for Kyoto?
      Any side trips i can go or any around takayama on the way?

10 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 1:23 AM
    • kyoto by bike or scooter??

Kyoto Aug 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Hi, we will only be 1 day in kyoto and want to see al the main sites by bike or by motorcycle.

Is it,possible and is it better to use the bike or the scooter?
      We will be in kyoto on september 19th.

Thank you

3 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Need help to plan a trip to Osaka and Kyoto

Kyoto Aug 17, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hi! Me and my wife are planning a trip to Osaka and Kyoto for about 5-6 days late November or early December. We would like to visit a lot of tourist spots in our short time there.

- Any recommended hotel we could stay at? If possible, near the stations for JR pass or Kansai Thru Pass. (I was told that getting travel passes would really make it easy for us to go around)

- We are planning to go to Kyoto first for half our stay and the rest in Osaka.

- We would also like to stay at least a day in a Ryokan.

- We also love Japanese food.

I would really appreciate your suggestions and recommendations. THANKS!

5 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 10:18 PM
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

Gion Shijo bus terminal near the APA Hotel

Kyoto Aug 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Hi, need help
      I read that we can reach the APA hotel from kyoto train station by bus number 100 or 206 with 230 yen per person.
      I will take shinkansen Hikari 509 from tokyo station to kyoto as I read in Hyperdia
      1. is the bus number 100 and 206 located just next to the kyoto train station?
      2. how could we told the driver the APA Hotel, do they understand english or we have to find out the Japanese language character to show him.
      3. as I know this bus stop is just near by the hotel but I cannot find the route of this bus number 100 and 206, can somebody help.

5 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • Kyoto accomodation

Kyoto Jul 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Reccomend accomodation near kyoto JR station

2 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM
    • ClayF's Profile Photo

Hiroshima Day Trip options?

Kyoto Jun 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Sunday, July 13. Use "green" JR Pass.
      OPTION 1. Hiroshima 3 hours to see Peace Memorial, Himeji 3 hours to see castle under reconstruction.
      OPTION 2. Hiroshima 2.5 hours to see Peace Memorial, Miyajima 2 hours to see Itsukushima Shrine.
      OPTION 3. Hiroshima 8 hours

Use "green" JR Pass.
      OPTION 1. Hiroshima 3 hours to see Peace Memorial, Himeji 3 hours to see castle under reconstruction.
      Kyoto-Hiroshima (Hikari) (119 minutes), depart Kyoto 8:02, arrive Hiroshima 10:01.
      Hiroshima-Himeji (Sakura) (55 minutes), depart 13:58, arrive 14:53
      Himeji-Kyoto (Hikari) (54 minutes), depart 19:01, arrive 19:55
      OPTION 2. Hiroshima 2.5 hours to see Peace Memorial, Miyajima 2 hours to see Itsukushima Shrine.
      Kyoto-Hiroshima (Hikari) (119 minutes), depart Kyoto 8:02, arrive Hiroshima 10:01.
      Hiroshima-Miyajimaguchi (Sanyo) (26 minutes), depart 13:18, arrive 13:45. Walk 300 meters to ferry Miyajimaguchi-Miyajima. Ferry to Miyajima, arrive about 14:45.
      Miyajima- Miyajimaguchi. Depart Miyajima 17:00 to take ferry back to Miyajimaguchi.
      Miyajimaguchi-Kyoto, depart 18:34, arrive Kyoto 21:20 to Hiroshima, Sakura to Shin-Osaka, Kodama to Kyoto
      OPTION 3. Hiroshima 8 hours
      Hiroshima-Kyoto (115 minutes), depart Hiroshima 18:56, arrive Kyoto 20:51 to Shin-Osaka, Hikari to Kyoto

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • The real deal and what to expect related to safety in Kyoto for a young woman at University

Kyoto Jun 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM

My daughter intends to go to university in Kyoto. She made the mistake of reading the US Dept of State site re Tokyo and young women being drugged and worse. We all know that this can happen anywhere and one must stay clear and conscious and aware. I would be extremely grateful for insights from a woman or man (or both) regarding the your perspective on such matters. Anything you can say to illuminate this issue and to help my daughter to determine the true safety level. Also, how you perceive the prevailing attitude toward Americans and women in may write me directly:

Thank you in advance for taking your time to respond...I am most grateful!

Barry Bruder

5 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • mamores's Profile Photo

One day in Kyoto must sees

Kyoto May 29, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hi, we will be in Kyoto for one day and we'd like to know what the possible musts sees would be there. Thank you!

7 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

My one day in Kyoto

Kyoto Apr 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Hello there. I will be arriving in Kyoto from Osaka this May. I plan to spend my first day in Kyoto before heading to Takayama the next day. I would like to see Kinkakuji (North), Arashiyama (West) and the Fushimi Inari Shrine (South) ALL IN ONE DAY. I think it's possible if I start early and leave Kyoto by 7:30 am and go to Kinkakuji then Fushimi Inari Shrine. In the afternoon, I plan to go to Arashiyama and witness the lighting of the bamboo forest path (if there's any during the month of May). At night, I would also want to see (if I still have enough energy) Gion district and have dinner there. Should you have a better route or any suggestions, let me know, pleaseeeeee. Salamat! Thank you! Arigato!

9 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • Best month for Japan

Kyoto Apr 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Is June a good month to travel to Japan? Which are the best months?

6 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 1:32 AM
    • Are 2 days good enough, in Kyoto

Kyoto Apr 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Are 2 days good enough, in Kyoto

6 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 1:14 AM
    • Onsen and interesting places in Japan

Kyoto Apr 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Hi all, my name is Alan Goh. Have a few questions, your suggestions are much appreciated :

1. ONSEN We plan a trip to Japan in Dec 2014. My wife always want to soak in "open air" onsen while snowing (well, to be honest, I don't know why so, but she felt is romantic.....). Is there any value for money open air onsen (including accommodation, we can stay there 1 -2 days as long is not too remote else nothing much to do, cannot be soaking in onsen for 8 hours, right !!).

We will be traveling with 3 kids, therefore cost is a big concern especially Japan is not a cheap place to be.

2. TAKAYAMA In our last trip, we stay at "ryokan" in Takayama, Gifu, Japan. They have onsen but is more of indoor hot bath. Love the HIDA beef, juicy !!! 1 of the best beef steak ever !

Is there any places you may suggest that is similar to Takayama ? we love Takayama, it is quiet, relax, friendly,

3. Our "draft" plan goes like this : OSAKA - enter Japan via OSK, stay 2 nights KYOTO - 3 nights, day trip to NARA (not sure worth the trip or not to Nara?),
      TAKAYAMA - 3 nights, my sons want to ski, there are some ski resort within 60 mins bus trip.
      TOKYO - 5 nights, exit Japan via TOKYO.

Appreciate any comment or suggestion regarding above plan, We are on our own, may be will join a few local tour. The objective of the trip to travel at relax pace, at time, we didn't do much but having cup of coffee watching people walk by. Based on our last short trip to Japan, most attractions are shrine, temples, castles.

Thanks for input.

6 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 1:08 AM