Kyoto Travel Answers

change location

3 days in Kyoto

by anything04 Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I will be going to Osaka in July for business trip, I have 4 days free would like to travel to Kyoto. I will be taking a train from Osaka to Kyoto using JR Haruku. I will be staying near Kyoto Station.

I need your help to sequence my travel to the following attraction.

Day 1 - By Bus
Start from
Kinkakuji temple, Ryoanji, Imperial Temple (need to skip no choice), Kiyomizu, Sannenzaka, Ninenzaka and evening in Gion.

Day 2- By Bus
Heian Shrine, Nanzenji, Path of Philisopy, Ginkakuji and Sanzen-in.

Day 3
Take JR train to Nara, visit Todaiji Temple, Nara Park, Kofukuji Temple, Kasuga Taisha.
If still have time, may travel to Inari Station for Fushimi Inari Shrine and Uji to visit Byodoin.

Day 4
Arashiyama
I would like to take the romantic train and visit the Tenryuji Temple.
Should I start from Sagano station? I am confused.

Any advice would be appreciated.

tks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: 3 days in Kyoto

by anything04 Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Hi Fugu

Thank you for your kind advice.

I am changing the schedule as suggested by you for Day 1 & Day 2.

My itinenary I got it from my friend in Osaka, they told me most of the temple can be reached by public transport.

I mean to skip Imperial Palace becos need to go online and make appointment, i just afraid i dun have sufficient time, may be you can tell me whether isn't worth to visit.

If you don't mind I also appreciate you can work out a 4 days itinenary for me.

Most of the time i am on business trip, really no time to enjoy, but i heard from many friend Kyoto is a wonderful to visit, that's why i take 4 days leave just to go for this short trip.

Your kindness is appreciated.

cheers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines