Kyoto Travel Answers

change location
Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Super Hotel Kyoto Shijokawaramachi's Twin Room's Info

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Hi Guys!
I need help... I looked at Super Hotel Kyoto Shijokawaramachi's website. Their rate is very good. I am interested in their Twin room. However, it states that their twin room actually has a semi-double bed and a sofa bed. I will be sharing room with a friend and we definitely won't be able to share a semi-double. I would like to know if the sofa bed can sleep an adult and what is it's size? Also, will it be made-up for use? I would have contacted the hotel but I can't find their e-mail contact in their English site. Has anyone stayed in their Twin room before?
Secondly, their English website mentions low and high season pricing but doesn't state when is low and high season... We would be traveling to Kyoto Dec 3-13th. Would anyone who read Japanese be able to assist and check their Japanese website for that info, please?

Thanks so much!
Mel

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • SfumatoPants's Profile Photo

Re: Super Hotel Kyoto Shijokawaramachi's Twin Room's Info

by SfumatoPants Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Super hotels don't provide turn down service. You have to do that yourself. It is a no frills hotel, meaning don't expect service. Each bed is meant for 1 adult. I see nothing about seasonal price changes, only weekends and national holidays - the price goes up.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Hi Fugu San,
    We will be staying in ryokans as well as Pension! Altogether we will be in Kyoto for 10 nights and planning to move around - Kyoto Station, Kawaramachi area, perhaps Gion as well as in the Northwest for visiting Arashiyama and the Golden Temple. Just that for Kawaramachi this hotel is really good value...

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Hi SfumatoPants,

I don't mind the no frills. Just concern that when they say twin and the photo shows the sofa bed being so small... It looks more for a child. As for the semi-double... my friend and I definitely won't want to share that bed. So one of us need to use the sofa bed if we decide to stay here. See this photo and you will see what I mean superhotel.co.jp/s_hotels/sh...
    Or is it the angle of the photo being taken - showing the sofa bed to be much smaller due to it being further away?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines