change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tavel to Gangwon-do & Beyond

South Korea Apr 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

I am planning to go to Gangwon-do from Seoul for 3 days 2 night.
      First night, I will stay at Daemyung Vivaldi Park Resort and Second night, I will stay at Hanwha Seorak Resort.

I would like to know how to go Hanwha Seorak Resort from Daemyung Vivaldi Park Resort.

And how to go to Nami Island / Daepohang Port / Chuncheon Myeongdong Street from this 2 resort.

Can someone please advice me how to travel to the places mentioned above and is it possible to cover these places in 3 days 2 night before going back to Seoul.

more
    • 4 days trip to Jejue Island

Jeju (city) Apr 9, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Am planning to visit Jeju Island, and am staying for 4 days, I done with all basic reservation (hotel & flight tickets), am wondering how much should I have for food and transportation? and also i will appreciate any suggestion and recommended places to visit
      Thank You

more
    • AC.88's Profile Photo

Cherry blossoms and weather

South Korea Mar 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I am going to Korean on May25-29 and I just want to know if there are still cherry blossoms by that week and what will be the weather there? What kind of clothes should I bring?

more
    • melmcclure320's Profile Photo

Travel from Seoul to Osan

South Korea Mar 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I need to get from the Mercure Ambassador Hotel in Seoul (Yeoksam Station area) to the Luxury Hotel (765-27 One-dong, Osan-city, Gyeonggi-do) in Osan and need to know the best way to get there with the fewest changes in transit (taxi to bus, bus to taxi, taxi to train, etc.). I would like to use my credit card, too, and need it to not be too expensive. Any ideas?

more
    • TeresaLim's Profile Photo

Stay in Jeju

Jeju-do Mar 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Anyone know about Basan Olleh Pension? Is it convenient? I have booked but not pay yet.

Thank you.

more
    • Cherry Blossoms blooming yet?

Seoul Mar 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi there, i'll be going to Seoul on 3rd - 7th April 2014. Are the cherry blossoms blooming yet? Can I see it at that time?

more
    • Seoul-bound: 15th May to 21st May

Seoul Mar 18, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I'm gonna visit Seoul for the first time from 15th to 21st May. Any suggestions on places to visit, things to do and what kind of clothing to be packed please? Thank you! :)

more
    • Cruise port location,Jeju

Jeju-do 6 hours ago

Where do the cruise ships dock?is the cruiseport far from town ,and important tourist sites

more
    • Usuyeong Ferry

South Korea Apr 13, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Hi,

A few clarifications :
      1) I will be taking bus from Mokpo to Haenam and thereafter taking a ferry from Haenam to Jeju. Can anyone provide assistance on a convenient accommodation between the bus terminal and ferry terminal ?
      2) Can anyone provide details on directions to Haenam Usuyeong Ferry terminal ?
      3) Any good sightseeing spots in Haenum?

Thank you.

more
    • The price and location of jeju jet boat ride

Jeju-do Apr 6, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hi:

Does anyone know where in jeju can i find the jet boat ride? And whats the cost of it.

Thank you

more
    • Taking my car from wando to jeju and back??

Jeju-do Apr 6, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Hi:-

I wanted to know about some online sites that may do a ferry reservation from wando to jeju for me and I wanna take my car along..

anyone might help??

Regards
      Bilal

more

Flight Ticket

Jeju (city) Mar 23, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I am travelling from Busan to Jeju then from Jeju to Seoul, will travel back to Busan by train from Seoul. I try to buy the ticket online (Jeju Air) one way but don't know how to do it. Can anyone advice?

Thank you.

more

Accommodation in Seoul

Seoul Mar 20, 2014 at 3:33 AM

HI..we are in a group of 6. Any recommendation where to stay which will be most convenient to go around seoul? Myeongdong area? Hongdae area?

thank you.

more
    • Smartphone repair in Seoul

Seoul Mar 19, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Hi there,
      my new LG G2 display is broken and it's too expensive to let it be repaired here in Germany.

But I'll be in Seoul in May.

How much would it be in Seoul, Korea?
      Are there any good repair centers?
      How long will it take? (I'll be there for only 5 days)

more
    • Lotte Mart & EMS

Seoul Mar 30, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with information on the Lotte Marts at Seoul Station and Jamsil and the EMS courier services available at its store(s):

1) I know there is an EMS counter at the Seoul Station branch. What about the one in Jamsil?
      2) I would like to buy Korean snacks and food to send home. Does one branch offer more variety than the other?
      3) What days are the Lotte Mart at Seoul Station and Jamsil closed?
      4) What time does the EMS counter close everyday at the Seoul Station branch (and Jamsil branch if they have it)? Are EMS counters open on Sundays?

This is my first trip to Korea so any additional information you feel I need to know about Lotte Mart and the EMS service would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

more
    • Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival 2014

Chinhae Mar 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Hi! I am planning to go to Jinhae Festival on April 6 (Saturday) and wonder if someone could help me with my questions:

1. Is it advisable to stay in Jinhae for one night? Or is one day of tour enough?
      2. Where can I get a hotel/hostel/inn that is near the festival?
      3. Are there buses that leave Jinhae going to Changwon at around 19:00? I will need to catch a train in Changwon going to Seoul at 19:54, but the trains from Jinhae to Changwon have a different schedule.

Thanks and appreciate your response. :)

more

DMZ Enquiry

Seoul Mar 20, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Hi..I will be in Seoul for 4 full days. Is it worth to visit DMZ?

Thank you.

more
    • im planning a trip to Jeju island

Jeju-do Mar 18, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Im planning on taking a trip to Juju Island and im currently stationed in Pyeongtaek and I was wondering what the average cost would be for transportation, a hotel for a week, and a lot of the activities that are there?

more
    • penny_g's Profile Photo

Around Korea by bus

South Korea Mar 18, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Hi All,

For my forthcoming trip to S. Korea, I plan to take buses for following route:
      Seoul-Sokcho- Pohang/Gyeongju-Busan-Seoul

I can easily google on which bus terminals, price, timetable, etc. but do I need to book in advance to have a guaranteed seat? If I go straight to the bus terminal and pay there on the date of travel, is there a risk that the places are sold out? And vice-versa: if I should reserve in advance, is there any way to do so, online in English in a secure way...

I plan my trip for the second half of April.

more
    • curtis0916's Profile Photo

2 days in Seoul, Any Recommendations?

Seoul Mar 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I will be in Seoul the weekend of April 5-6, I think I'll go to the DMZ one of the days and would appreciate recommendations on tour groups . I would also appreciate recommendations on what to do on the other day. Thank you in advance for your help.

more

Popular Kyongsang-bukto Travel Answer Locations

• Bus from Gyeongju to Andong?

Andong Jul 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM

We will be traveling from Gyeongju to Andong on a Sunday in August, and we're wondering if bus would be the best option? (It seems there are only a few trains/day to Andong from Gyeongju. ) Do intercity buses have limited hours on Sunday?
      Also, if anyone knows how frequently buses depart from Andong toward Yeondeok, that would be helpful! I can't seem to find any bus timetables in English online.
      Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • PacmanP's Profile Photo

Need to rent a car in Andong

Andong May 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I cannot find a car rental company in Andong. Someone mentioned that there is one in the Bus Terminal.
      Does anyone know what it is and how I can contact them to reserve a vehicle?

Thanks

1 Answer May 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM
    • cattyksp's Profile Photo

places to put luggage

Andong Apr 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Is there a place in Andong to temporarily put luggage while go visiting places?

• Getting around in Andong

Andong Mar 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

We plan to make our way from Gyeongju to Andong by train or bus. Which is the better option?

I know the intercity bus station is no longer in downtown Andong but is it still located in a central area? Are there many accommodation options around the bus terminal or is it better to stay near the train station?

Do the buses leaving for the sights around Andong depart near the train station or the bus terminal? Alot of information I have found on the net is outdated and am not sure whether the posts I have been reading refer to the old bus station or new bus station.

Is one night enough to see the Andong sights or would that be too rushed seeing the buses seem to come far and few in between. The main attractions we are interested to see are Hahoe Folk Villiage and the two Confucius School.

We need to leave for Sokcho at 9.20am the next day from the bus station.

Driving is not an option. There are 5 adults and 2 young kids. Are there limousine taxis in Andong?

• ArnuparpL's Profile Photo

Andong hotels

Andong Oct 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I saw many information about Andong city and reviews of Andong hotels. Anyway, I cannot find how to book a room. I would like to stay overnight on October 10, 2012 at Andong during my transit to Seoul. It would be kind if anyone could inform me how to access hotels in Andong and how to reserve it. Thank you so much.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    • Worth renting a bicycle?

Kyongju Jun 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hi,

I've entertained the idea of renting a bicycle to explore the downtown area of Gyeongju but was wondering if it could just as easily be done by foot. If I can explore the downtown area easily on foot, this would be my preference. This would mean that I won't have the extra hassle of finding a good place to rent a bike from and then finding a place to lock the bike at each site I visit. I also wouldn't be exposed to the traffic on the roads. Is Gyeongju bike friendly?

Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    • Gyeongju City Tour No2 - East Sea area

Kyongju Jun 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in taking Course 2 : english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu...

If I'm unable to go on it, how easy will it be to do by public transport? The visit Korea site mentions buses to these sites so it looks like its possible. However, are the bus stops announced in English so that its obvious where and when to get off? Are the bus services frequent? I'll be interested in:

Gwaereung
      Tomb of King Munmu the Great
      Gameunsaji Temple Site
      Golgulsa Temple

Thanks

4 Answers Jun 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    • Travelling to Andong

Andong Mar 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

We will be taking the express bus from Dongseoul bus station to Andong in April. Need some help re the following queries:
      1) Understand from some sources, that there is a new bus terminus in Andong, which is about 20 to 30mins out of town. Is this correct?
      2) How is the bus connection from this new bus terminus to town and Andong Hotel (former California Hotel).
      3) We will be having our luggage bags, so may have to look at taxi. Roughly how much will it cost per taxi.
      4) What about the bus to Hahoe village? Is it from the new bus terminus or from a bus-stop near Andong train station?

• Bus from Gyeongju to Busan

Kyongju Feb 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM

We are not sure whether to go to Gyeongju from Busan for a long day visit (this is preferred) or stay overnight at Gyeongju.
      Hope to get some help with our planning:
      1) we would like to take photos of Ch'eomseongdae observatory tower and Anapji pond lit up at after dark. Is the night lighting switch on everynight? And from what time to what time?
      2) we have the bus timings for Busan to Gyeongju, but not the other way round. What time is the last bus from Gyeongju to Busan and from which bus terminal?

2 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    • Travelling to Andong

Andong Feb 3, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Hope to get some help re travelling to Andong. Wondering if it is more convenient to travel to Andong from Seoul or Busan. More concern with the ease of transport either by bus or train rather than cost.

We can then decide to set up base at either Seoul or Busan, leaving our luggage at the lodging place. And do a 2 day 1 night trip to Andong.

4 Answers Feb 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Help with amount of time needed for various Gyeongju sights

Kyongju Jul 16, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Here're a few questions that I need help with for Gyeongju sightseeing...

1) I wonder how much time we'll need for the usual sights? It would be extremely helpful if people who've visited could let me know roughly how long they spent at each place, so that I can figure out my itinerary plans. We're planning to go to Bulguksa and Seokguram (of course!), and also Gyeongju Museum, Tumuli Park, Cheomseongdae (and the rest of Banwolseong), Anapji Pond and Bonghwang-ro culture street.

2) Has anyone here taken the Seoul-Gyeongju free KTO bus before? Which of the 3 hotels would be best to stop at if I want to catch a public bus (which one?) to town, or to the university area NW from the town centre? The free bus stops at Hyundai Hotel, Hilton Hotel and the Concord Hotel / Commodore Hotel.

3) We're also thinking of going to Andong/Hahoe for a day. We'll take the overnight Jeju-Busan ferry which arrives at 0600, then train Busan-Daegu, bus Daegu-Andong and finally bus Andong-Hahoe. I hope to be able to reach Andong by 1030 at the very latest, is that realistic? I hope to make it in time for a bus or train to Gyeongju that evening. Will going to both Hahoe and Andong in 1 day be too rushed? If so, maybe I should start looking for a host in Andong.

Thanks in advance for any answers! :)

1 Answer Jul 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    • Hotels in Andong

Andong Mar 15, 2009 at 5:21 PM

The the Tourist Hotel the best that Andong was to offer? Should we just walk around to the Love Motels for the night?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 12:59 AM
    • How to go : from Inchon airport to Kyongju by bus and Seoul to Soraksan ?

Kyongju Oct 13, 2007 at 5:17 AM

Please help me because this is the first time to be a backpacker in Korea.
      Thank you in advance to everyone's reply.
      I have only 7 days (30 oct-5nov)in Korea and want to go to Kyongju /Cheju/beautiful scenery of Autumn (Soraksan may be too far ).
      1.Should I go to Cheju from Seoul or Kyongju and how to go? By bus or fly?
      2.Could you recommend budgeted guest house korean style in Kyongju? Not Sarang Jae because the answer is fully booked. And in Cheju please.
      3.I want to see scenery of autumn. Do I have to go to Soraksan? Any place else?....Kann

2 Answers Oct 13, 2007 at 7:14 PM
    • Transportation

Kyongju Sep 5, 2007 at 7:48 PM

Hi,

I am planning a travel trip for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids, 5 and 7 to Seoul in Dec.

This is my travel plan. Can u give me some advice. Do u think the schedule is ok?

16th to 20th Dec - Seoul (Namsan Guest house) checkout on 20th
      20th to 25th Dec - Happy Road Guest house - Gangwon-do
      25th to 28th Dec - Sa Rang Chae Guest house - Gyeongju
      28th to 31st Dec - Seoul (Namsan Guest house) checkout on 31st

Also is there any bus that goes from Gangwon-do to Gyeongju.

I tried making a reservation with Happy Road Guest house and Sa Rang Chae but received no reply from them.
      Thank you for all yr assistance and adv.

7 Answers Sep 12, 2007 at 10:22 PM
    • seoul? or incheon? to andong

Andong Aug 10, 2007 at 4:06 AM

I'm arriving at Incheon Intl airport at 9pm,Oct.5. Any buses or trains to Andong leaving midnight or later. Should I go to Incheon or Seoul? I want to get to Andong early morning.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2007 at 6:37 PM
    • silla cultural festival/munhawaje festival

Kyongju Aug 10, 2007 at 3:02 AM

In October 2007, when is the silla cultural festival? What kind of events/activities does it have? Or is it the same experience as the free 1 1/2 hour cultural performance at the Bomun outdoor performance stage happening almost daily?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2007 at 7:38 AM
    • mitchimitch's Profile Photo

early morning arrival

Kyongju Mar 8, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Hi! I'm taking the overnight train from Seoul and will be arriving in Gyeongju at around 4am! I actually am not sure what to do: sleep for a few hours in a nearby hostel (where exactly?), stay at the station till sunrise (around 6am accdg to wunderground), find a jimjilbang close by (any suggestions where?)...I don't know! What do you guys suggest? Need your advice please!!!
      Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Mar 9, 2007 at 12:05 AM
    • How to get to Gyeongju from Gimhae Airport after buses stop running

Kyongju Apr 13, 2006 at 4:36 AM

Hello all,

My flight from Yangyang to Gimhae was changed so I will land at 8pm and probably not make the last bus to Gyeongju which leaves at 8.25. What are my alternatives and does anyone know how much a taxi would be?

thanks
      Jo

6 Answers Apr 25, 2006 at 7:40 AM
    • Snookertable

Kumi Aug 28, 2005 at 8:03 AM

Where i can play snooker on a real snooker table here in Kumi?