I'm travelling to Gyeongju for 2 days (in between stays in Seoul), and I was just wondering where it would be best to stay?
I want to be close to easy transport but also able to reach all the beautiful sights reasonably easily.
I've entertained the idea of renting a bicycle to explore the downtown area of Gyeongju but was wondering if it could just as easily be done by foot. If I can explore the downtown area easily on foot, this would be my preference. This would mean that I won't have the extra hassle of finding a good place to rent a bike from and then finding a place to lock the bike at each site I visit. I also wouldn't be exposed to the traffic on the roads. Is Gyeongju bike friendly?
I'm interested in taking Course 2 : english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu...
If I'm unable to go on it, how easy will it be to do by public transport? The visit Korea site mentions buses to these sites so it looks like its possible. However, are the bus stops announced in English so that its obvious where and when to get off? Are the bus services frequent? I'll be interested in:
Tomb of King Munmu the Great
Gameunsaji Temple Site
We are not sure whether to go to Gyeongju from Busan for a long day visit (this is preferred) or stay overnight at Gyeongju.
Hope to get some help with our planning:
1) we would like to take photos of Ch'eomseongdae observatory tower and Anapji pond lit up at after dark. Is the night lighting switch on everynight? And from what time to what time?
2) we have the bus timings for Busan to Gyeongju, but not the other way round. What time is the last bus from Gyeongju to Busan and from which bus terminal?
Here're a few questions that I need help with for Gyeongju sightseeing...
1) I wonder how much time we'll need for the usual sights? It would be extremely helpful if people who've visited could let me know roughly how long they spent at each place, so that I can figure out my itinerary plans. We're planning to go to Bulguksa and Seokguram (of course!), and also Gyeongju Museum, Tumuli Park, Cheomseongdae (and the rest of Banwolseong), Anapji Pond and Bonghwang-ro culture street.
2) Has anyone here taken the Seoul-Gyeongju free KTO bus before? Which of the 3 hotels would be best to stop at if I want to catch a public bus (which one?) to town, or to the university area NW from the town centre? The free bus stops at Hyundai Hotel, Hilton Hotel and the Concord Hotel / Commodore Hotel.
3) We're also thinking of going to Andong/Hahoe for a day. We'll take the overnight Jeju-Busan ferry which arrives at 0600, then train Busan-Daegu, bus Daegu-Andong and finally bus Andong-Hahoe. I hope to be able to reach Andong by 1030 at the very latest, is that realistic? I hope to make it in time for a bus or train to Gyeongju that evening. Will going to both Hahoe and Andong in 1 day be too rushed? If so, maybe I should start looking for a host in Andong.
Thanks in advance for any answers! :)
Please help me because this is the first time to be a backpacker in Korea.
Thank you in advance to everyone's reply.
I have only 7 days (30 oct-5nov)in Korea and want to go to Kyongju /Cheju/beautiful scenery of Autumn (Soraksan may be too far ).
1.Should I go to Cheju from Seoul or Kyongju and how to go? By bus or fly?
2.Could you recommend budgeted guest house korean style in Kyongju? Not Sarang Jae because the answer is fully booked. And in Cheju please.
3.I want to see scenery of autumn. Do I have to go to Soraksan? Any place else?....Kann
I am planning a travel trip for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids, 5 and 7 to Seoul in Dec.
This is my travel plan. Can u give me some advice. Do u think the schedule is ok?
16th to 20th Dec - Seoul (Namsan Guest house) checkout on 20th
20th to 25th Dec - Happy Road Guest house - Gangwon-do
25th to 28th Dec - Sa Rang Chae Guest house - Gyeongju
28th to 31st Dec - Seoul (Namsan Guest house) checkout on 31st
Also is there any bus that goes from Gangwon-do to Gyeongju.
I tried making a reservation with Happy Road Guest house and Sa Rang Chae but received no reply from them.
Thank you for all yr assistance and adv.
In October 2007, when is the silla cultural festival? What kind of events/activities does it have? Or is it the same experience as the free 1 1/2 hour cultural performance at the Bomun outdoor performance stage happening almost daily?
Hi! I'm taking the overnight train from Seoul and will be arriving in Gyeongju at around 4am! I actually am not sure what to do: sleep for a few hours in a nearby hostel (where exactly?), stay at the station till sunrise (around 6am accdg to wunderground), find a jimjilbang close by (any suggestions where?)...I don't know! What do you guys suggest? Need your advice please!!!
Thanks in advance!
My flight from Yangyang to Gimhae was changed so I will land at 8pm and probably not make the last bus to Gyeongju which leaves at 8.25. What are my alternatives and does anyone know how much a taxi would be?