Kyongju Travel Answers

change location

Transportation

by chdrthy Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 7:48 PM

Hi,

I am planning a travel trip for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids, 5 and 7 to Seoul in Dec.

This is my travel plan. Can u give me some advice. Do u think the schedule is ok?

16th to 20th Dec - Seoul (Namsan Guest house) checkout on 20th
20th to 25th Dec - Happy Road Guest house - Gangwon-do
25th to 28th Dec - Sa Rang Chae Guest house - Gyeongju
28th to 31st Dec - Seoul (Namsan Guest house) checkout on 31st

Also is there any bus that goes from Gangwon-do to Gyeongju.

I tried making a reservation with Happy Road Guest house and Sa Rang Chae but received no reply from them.
Thank you for all yr assistance and adv.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • olddude's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation

by olddude Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Could you give a little more info like where you are coming from? Also, what city in Gangwondo will you be leaving from to go to Gyeongju. Gangwondo is a province so you need a city figure out which bus. One other thing, are you sure you have the right guesthouses? I have heard of Namsan, but I think Happy Road is located in Seoul isn't it? Finally, you may want to call Sa Rang Chae to make sure they got your e-mail. If you don't have the number, it is at the bottom of this link:

http://kjstay.com/eng-main.htm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Transportation

by chdrthy Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Hi Olddude,

Tks for yr reply. I am going to Seoul from Singapore.

I tried calling both Sa Rang Chae Guest house and Happy Road Guest house and was told to email to them.

This is the mailing add I used for Sa Rang Chae.
    shilla7@chollian.net

Happy Road Guest house has two location, one in seoul and one in Gang Won DO (in Mt Seorak, Mud Yellow Village)

This is the information that I hv retrieved from the Happy Road Guest house Web site.
    FROM INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
    Incheon Airport > Take bus to East Seoul Terminal Departure Time >07:20 - 21:20 (Kyeong-go Express) at hourly intervals. Airport Bus Stop No. > 7A Bus Fare > 12,500 Won Bus Stop No. > 8B (At 1 Hour Intervals) BUS INFORMATION
    From East Seoul Terminal - Departure From East Seoul Terminal to Won-tong Running Hours
    > 06:50/07:20/08:10/10:20/11:25/12:20/14:50/15:59/17:35/18:50
    Length Of Trip > 03 hours 10 minutes to Won-Tong Bus Terminal

Thank you.

• olddude's Profile Photo

by olddude Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Found the link and pulled up the buses available and I do not think you can take a bus from Wongton to Gyeongju directly. In fact, I don't think there is an easy way to go from the Mt. Sorak area to Gyeongju. Maybe Robert (Vita500) knows. Your best bet seems to be to catch the train at Gangneung to get to Gyeongju. You should be able to get from Wongton to Gangneung by bus. By the way, the weather could be pretty cold in that part of Korea at the time and the roads my be icy up in the mountains so you may have to modify your plans due to weather. Just something to think about. Bring from Singapore, you may not be use d to that kind of cold.

by chdrthy Online Now Sep 5, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Hi Olddude

Thanks for yr invaluable adv. I will probably give Gyeongju a miss then. Ya, Singapore is a hot countries and that is why I am going to Gwang-do. I would like to experience the snow there. Thanks once again.

• Vita500's Profile Photo

by Vita500 Online Now Sep 6, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Do you have a driver's license?
    If you do, you can easily rent a car around Seoraksan (e.g. Sokcho, Gangneung or YangYang) and drive down to Gyeongju. The main roads are usually kept free of ice and snow. It's a rather scenic ride along the eastern shores...

However, being winter, you can really give Gyeongju a miss. It's a beautiful area but during the freezing winter days, you might not enjoy it very much. Then again, seeing that you have two weeks of time, it still might be worth the trip as the area is very different from Seoul and Seoraksan.

Cheers,
    Robert

by chdrthy Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 10:51 PM

Hi

Thanks for all the reply. I still pondering. When would I need to cfm all my accomodation in view that I am only leaving in mid December.

• Vita500's Profile Photo

by Vita500 Online Now Sep 12, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Well, considering that people in the guest houses will probably speak no English, I think you should ask the staff of Namsan Guest House to make the booking for you. I don't think it's going to be crowded during that time. It's off-season and winter... the only concern might be the X-mas holiday on Dec 25 but even then I don't think it's going to be crowded in guest houses.

Cheers,
    Robert

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines