Kyongju Travel Answers

change location
mitchimitch's Profile Photo

early morning arrival

by mitchimitch Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 4:14 PM

Hi! I'm taking the overnight train from Seoul and will be arriving in Gyeongju at around 4am! I actually am not sure what to do: sleep for a few hours in a nearby hostel (where exactly?), stay at the station till sunrise (around 6am accdg to wunderground), find a jimjilbang close by (any suggestions where?)...I don't know! What do you guys suggest? Need your advice please!!!
Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • iwys's Profile Photo

RE: early morning arrival

by iwys Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 5:44 PM

There is a warm station waiting room with seats. But,it attracts 1 or 2 soju drinkers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • i-s-a's Profile Photo

RE: RE: early morning arrival

by i-s-a Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 6:27 PM

if you're staying for the night, try contacting a guesthouse in advance and arrange a pick-up. it would be nice to familiarize, freshen up and arrange your things first when in a new surrounding.

• mitchimitch's Profile Photo

RE: RE: early morning arrival

by mitchimitch Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 12:00 AM

thanks for the suggestions!

oh kabayan, am not staying in gyeongju for the night. will actually head off to busan and spend the night there. guess i'll have to stay in the waiting room and hope that the soju drinkers won't bother me...

btw, what do you suggest should my first destination be? and what time do buses operate? yes, i'd like to go around by bike. where can i get one?

cheers!

• i-s-a's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: early morning arrival

by i-s-a Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 12:05 AM

ah busan...i missed that place the last time.

for bike rentals, you may get it from several shops around gyeongju. at the gyeongju bus station there's a tourist info office which you may visit. the staff speaks english well and they could lead you to reputable bike rentals. please see one of my trips on this page...i remember i include a simple day tour which you may follow.

enjoy ka dun ha at balitaan mo ko.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kyongju