Kwajalein Travel Answers

change location
albertolai's Profile Photo

Has anyone ever been to Kwajalein?

by albertolai Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 2:40 PM

I am travelling to Ebeye, Kwajalein, at the end of October, but I am having lots of difficulties finding any information on the place, after having searched everywhere on the net and having contacted the Marshall Island Tourist Office, without success.
I read somewhere that you need some special permit to be in Kwajalein, though I know that my Italian passport would be enough for the Marshall Islands. Does anyone know about this?
I have read on the net about the Amrohasa Hotel in Ebeye but I can't get through on the phone and don't have an e-mail to contact.
I would really appreciate if anyone can help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: Has anyone ever been to Kwajalein?

by giampiero6 Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 3:00 PM

I'm not sure, but we have a friend who works for Space-X and my understanding is that only people with special permits are allowed on Kwajalein.

Here's what I found on the web.

Restrictions

Kwajalein Atoll is used by the USA as a missile testing area and the waters within a 200 mile radius may be affected. One should contact Kwajalein Atoll Control by radio beforehand if one is sailing in this area. Restricted islands are those used by the US army: Kwajalein Island is a closed military base, and the missile range includes Kwajalein and the islands up to Roi-Namur Island.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelmad478's Profile Photo

by travelmad478 Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM

I have a contact who lives on Kwaj that can help you out with information--if you send me a VT mail with your outside e-mail address, I can hook the two of you up (he is not a VTer).

It's my understanding that you cannot get onto Kwaj unless you have military orders permitting you to land there.

• Sergeyu's Profile Photo

by Sergeyu Online Now Jun 15, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Wjat I know, that you can not disembark in Kwajelein unless you have to visit someone , and it is approved. To my understanding there is nothing to do in Ebeye, except just to live if you work for a folks on the military base. Hardly any activity you will be able to have, a slogaoon is absolutely in no reach, unless someone with security permit will bring you in. Even the plane on approach to Kwajelin avoid manoevring over lagoon for security reasons ( I mean kkeping of military secrets :) ), and when takes off it make a turn around on the land to keep the same route as the plane arrived.

I 've been to Majuro in January, rarely unexepectedly on of most unsatisfiable trips, because of the destination itself.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kwajalein