Kvarner and Highlands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driving to plitvice lakes at night

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Apr 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hi all, I'm visiting Croatia at the end of May. My flight reaches zadar airport at 830pm at night and I plan to visit plitvice lakes the following day. May I know if it is safe/advisable to drive up there at night, or better to stay in zadar for the night before heading there the next morning? How is the road condition/lighting and weather now? If I remember correctly last year it still snowed in April. Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • Public transportion from Split to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Apr 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Is there any Public transportion from Split to the National Park. Google maps did't show anything.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • alysongardner@btinternet.com

Baska Mar 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM

can you get to Rab from baska by daily boat trips? And do you know any reasonably prices apartments near sea and town?

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • How to explore Cres, Croatia

Cres Feb 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM

We are heading to Cres/Krk and possibly Rab.
      Trying to understand where to base ourselves for the 7 days or so.
      We can hire a car but don't really want to have to drive all the time.
      We are more interested in getting to nice beaches and being able to access good food easily.
      Is Cres a good location? Martinscica?
      Any benefit to stay on Krk or Rab or just do day trips.
      Quite challenging to find this info anywhere. Help :)

2 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • car hire at lakes

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Dec 29, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Is it possible to hire a car at plitvice?

5 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    • WongK21's Profile Photo

How to rent a car with driver to the park

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Dec 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Hi , I wl visit this park in Dec 20 with my family , I heard that , bus return to Zagreb alway full ,
      so , where can hire a car with the driver in one days,
      anyone can give me an advice ?

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Nice places on the island.

Otok Krk Sep 18, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Could you suggest some nice villages to visit on Krk Island,please.

I've been to Krk long ago and I visited Basca, Vrbnik and Krk town.

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Nice accomodation.

Otok Krk Sep 13, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Could you recommend a nice accomodation on the island, please, it could be in Punat or somewhere else on Krk. It should be easy to get there by bus.

Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    • camilakey's Profile Photo

Hvar or Plitvice National Park?

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Jul 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Hey guys!

I would like some help on deciding if I should go to Plitvice for a day or stay a day more in Hvar. If I decide to spend a day in Plitvice, I will have two days and a half in Hvar (some say it is not enough). What would you recommend??

Thanks so much!

7 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Accomodation.

Otok Krk Jul 1, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Could you recommend a nice and budget accomodationon this island, please?

8 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • bus from Plitvice to Zadar

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Jul 1, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Hi, I will be travelling on my own from Australia to Croatia so would like to ensure I have the correct bus timetables. I fly into Zagreb on 17th August and plan to get the late afternoon bus to plitvicka jezera on the 19th and stay the night at the Bellevue Hotel. On the 20th Aug I will spend the day in the park and would like to get the bus to Zadar in the late afternoon/early evening. Can you please let me know if the 17.23 bus will be running on this day and if I can rely on the bus for my transport to Zadar.

M alternative is to spend a 2nd night there and then get the morning bus to Split - which means missing Zadar - any recommendations???

Many thanks

2 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Visiting the Park with a baby stroller?

Plitvicka Jezera National Park May 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Hi,

is it possible to visit the park with a baby stroller? I've seen some pictures and it seems the walkways are all of plaques of wood without safety nets....

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

3 Answers May 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Zagreb - Plitvice - Split by Bus

Plitvicka Jezera National Park May 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

HI,

There are several comments on the subject but I am still confused so troubling you all once again. Wanted to make a pit stop at Plitvice on my way from Zagreb to Split by bus.

1. Is it advisable or do I run the risk of not finding bus from plitvice for Split?
      2. Will the bus drop me all the way to Plitvice? If not, how do I reach from where bus drops me?
      3. Which entrance should I use? (I believe there are 2 entrances)
      4. Is there any provision to keep my luggage safely while roaming in the park?

Any other advice or thing I should consider? I would be traveling there in September.

Thanks in advance!!

13 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Bus to Jajce Bihac

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Apr 25, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Hello, I am going to Plitvicka Jezara next week. I want to visit Jajce after that, is there a bus going from Plitvicka to Jajce or Bihac? I think I have to catch a bus to Bihac and then catch another bus to Jajce. Does anyone know where to find the bus schedule? Thanks!

10 Answers May 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • Bus or Car???

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Aug 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Croatia for mid September. I plan on travelling from Split to Plitvice and then on to Zagreb, although if anyone thinks its better to do it the other way around, let me know!

I was wondering what the best way of travelling round might be. I think it would be good to rent a car (more freedom) but as far as I can see this is alot more expensive than catching buses.

I'd love to hear your ideas and any experiences you've had with this sort of trip.

Thanks

9 Answers Sep 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    • better road or path

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Jul 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Hi,
      I am looking to visit the park next week. I am on a weelchair. please let me know what path shell I go. thanks a lot. Sarit

1 Answer Jul 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    • Best option to get from Plitvice to Belgrade without a car?

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Jul 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I will have plane departure from Belgrade at 07:00 in the morning 17.08. and interested in spending as much time as possible at Plitvice on 16.08. So which would be the best transport option for me?
      I found just one direct bus from Zadar but it have too early departure from Plitvice at 10:00. Evening train from Zagreb seems don't give as much Plitvice time to win as money to spend. Night bus from Zagreb turns better but it arrived to Belgrade at 04:00 that looks too risky of missing the plane in case of possible delay...
      Any other options?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    • ginahardin's Profile Photo

Accommodations in Plitvice area in August

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Jul 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I know I'm going to Croatia at the most crowded time of year - do I need reservations in advance to find a decent sobe or accommodation within 10km of the park entrance? Where is the most fun area to stay if I have a car? Is there an advantage to stay in the park? And how about trogir near Split, do I need a advance reservations there?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Budget accomodation on the island.

Otok Krk Jun 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Could you suggest some decent budget accomodation on Krk island?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2 Answers Sep 2, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    • mayasmin's Profile Photo

Getting to the Park from the town

Plitvicka Jezera National Park May 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Unfortunately, all the 4 hotels near the Plitvice Lake Park are full for the days that we are hoping to visit. If we decide to stay in one of the guest houses in the town of Plitvicka Jezera (not necessarily by the park), how do you get to the park from the town without a car? Or is a car necessary? We were hoping to travel from Zagreb, stay a couple of nights in Plitvice, then proceed to Split, all via buses, but is it better to just do Plitvice as a day trip from Zagreb, stay in Zagreb, and travel to Split from Zagreb? We really are hoping not to rent a car.

Thanks.

3 Answers May 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

Vienna to Rijeka Or Vienna to Rovinj

Rijeka Sep 30, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Hi,

I need to reach Red Island, Croatia which is very close to Rovinj on 20th Oct 2011.I am looking for traveling options by train or bus or taxi from Vienna, Austria . Could you suggest which options is better in terms of cost and time. Thanks

2 Answers Sep 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM
    • LOOKING FOR ACCOMODATION IN CROATIA

Otok Krk Aug 5, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Dear all,

I'm almost desperate, because there are no free hotels, apartments, etc. in Croatia. I searched almost everywhere(different regions of Croatia).
      If someone knows about accomodation for two adults, term : 13/08 till morning 21/08 I would be very grateful.
      Max price: 60EUR per person.

I hope somebody can help me. If not, I need to cancel my holidays!
      That won't be fine for me :)
      Thanks
      Angelika

Angelika

4 Answers Aug 5, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    • Any Dance clubs on the Beach open in September?

Kvarner and Highlands Aug 9, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Hi All,

I will be on the coast September 11th -13th. Are there any Dance Clubs on the beach open during that time?

• Where to club in September

Rijeka Aug 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Hi,
      I am wondering where are the best places to go dancing/to a club in September. Any help.

1 Answer Aug 5, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    • Travel Dubrovnik - Rijeka

Rijeka Aug 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know what's the best way to get to Rijeka from Dubrovinik (and back)this September? How are the roads for drivng, how long would it take? Are there any good connections with ferries with good seats/cabins(overnight?)? Direct flights? How far is it from Pula to Rijeka (by car?)?

Any advice/experience would be very welcome.

Thanks all

r

1 Answer Aug 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    • Apartments or Villas in Opatija area

Kvarner and Highlands Jul 16, 2010 at 8:26 AM

My husband and I plan to see a little of the Kvarner Gulf area in late August/early September. We will drive from Trieste and have a total of 4 nights to spend before heading back to Trieste. Any suggestions of a good place to stay (preferably an apartment arrangement) that has a great beach close enough to walk. I don't want to pay over 100 euros/night if possible. Any other suggestions about great restaurants, sightseeing, etc.

1 Answer Jul 16, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

BUS FARES & PLITVICE LAKE ACCOMODATION

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Jun 27, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Hello,
      I will be visiting Croatia in December (dont ask me why I come in December ....LOL...). My questions :
      1. Anyone done these routes by bus recently, plz tell me the fare: Split - Plitvice Lake; Plitvice Lake - Zagreb; Zagreb - Vienna. I hv checked this website autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/te... but can only find timetables, not the fare.
      2. Any preferance seating on the bus, right side or left side for better views?
      3. The Plitvice Lake National Park official website said that only entrance 1 open from November till March. So, if I take this local bus, will this bus pass or can I get down at entrance 1?
      4. I have surfed the accomodations at Plitvice Lake and seems that most of them are situated near entrance 2 or Mukinje. The only one that is close enough to entrance 1 is B & B Krizmanic, which is too expensive for me and it's fully booked at the time of my arrival. Another option is staying at Zafran GH, but this place is 6kms away fr entrance 1. Since I'm coming by bus and I'm having my heavy backpack with me, I dont think I can walk that far. Can anyone reccomend me if there is any other accomodation nearer to entrance 1 (which may not advertised in the internet) and not too expensive....or if I can continue to Zagreb by night bus...Advices plz....

Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • mirko77's Profile Photo

Good restaurants for grilled pig/lamb

Rab Jun 4, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Dear all!
      does anybody know a good grill place in Rab for pig or lamb roasted on a spit?
      Thanks!!!
      Mirko

1 Answer Jun 4, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    • From Krk to Rab

Rab Apr 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Can you sail from Krk to Rab this summer? I have heard that the ferry port in Krk might be under construction - does anyone know something about that?

And is it possible to book the tickets in advance?

/Mia

3 Answers Apr 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Weather.

Rijeka Jan 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM

What's the weather like in Rijeka and surroundings these days? Is it cold there.

4 Answers Jan 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM