Kuta Travel Answers

change location

Vegan restaurants in Kuta. (Where exactly are thes two located?)

by geminimoai Online Now Dec 14, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Could you help me find where these two restaurants are in Kuta. I found them on www.happycow.com
Are they located near the Hard Rock Cafe?

If you know of any other vegan restaurants please let me know.

Happy Buddha Vegetarian Restaurant
Jl. Raya Kuta 143, Tuban 99 M (82 C), Kuta

Directions: From the Jl Legian and Jl Pantai Kuta intersection, follow the signs to Denpasar, or ask locals for "Sentral Parkir." The restaurant is located on the right, about 200 m before the parking. Can go there by foot, it's a 12 minutes walk along the main road. Reported open as of September 2008.

Harmony
Jl Sunset Road Legian 8D, Kuta
(at 100 m west of intersection where Jl Raya Kuta becomes Jl Imam Bonjol)

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: Vegan restaurants in Kuta. (Where exactly are thes two located?)

by BesarRahasia Online Now Dec 16, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Hi,
    Don't know those two restaurants but I wil find out and let you know. But what I can say is that the restaurants you mention are NOT near to Hard Rock Cafe', if you are walking it would take you around about 1 hour to get to either location from Hard Rock Cafe'/ Hotel.

I will check to see if they are still operating (I think I have seen the restaurants you mention and I think they are still open, but I will check later today)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Vegan restaurants in Kuta. (Where exactly are thes two located?)

by geminimoai Online Now Dec 17, 2008 at 1:19 AM

Thank you for your help. I'm looking forward to your e-mail.

But does anyone know of vegan restaurants that are close to the Hard Rock, Poppies 1 area?

• BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: Vegan restaurants in Kuta. (Where exactly are thes two located?)

by BesarRahasia Online Now Dec 17, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Hello
    The restaurants are still operating, but I am not so sure that they are truly Vegan, they serve vegetarian dishes which is not the same. If you are looking for truly Vegan then you might find it difficult. Especially around poppies, where the restaurants tend to serve mostly Indonesian style food (albeit vegetarian, it's not vegan)to International cuisine.

To be honest nearly every restaurant in Bali (never mind just Kuta) will serve vegetarian dishes as part of the menu.

Considered to be one of the best in the area for vegetarian dishes is "Kori" on poppies II it's not the cheapest but it has a reputation for serving good food.

TJ's Mexican on PoppiesI serve some nice vegitarian dishes

Aroma's Cafe on Jl Legian serve vegetarian dishes.

There is also Gateway to India II, located on JL Pantai(the beach front road) and their new resturant in front of Dicovery Hotel on Jl Kartika Plaza, they serve wonderful food there (unfortunately for you, they also serve meat dishes, but the vegetarian dishes are very nice,)

I really don't think there are any truly vegan restaurants in the Kuta area, there are supposedly one of two in Ubud, but that is a long way from Kuta. If there are any and somebody knows of one then I hope they let you know, otherwise you are going to have to make do with plain ordinary vegetarian food.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines