Kuta Travel Answers

change location
spidey1980's Profile Photo

Looking for affordable balinese cottages?

by spidey1980 Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 4:49 AM

hi guys,
Me and my boyfriend are planning to travel to bali this March, i need help in looking for a place to stay at something that's traditionally balinese preferably cottages. location is kuta or legian, our budget is from40 to60USD. im tired of the usual hotel rooms and want to experience the real balinese lodging:) somewhere private but still close to the beach, shops, restaurants, and night spots would be nice. thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pPamela's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for affordable balinese cottages?

by pPamela Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Hi,
    Can't help you with Kuta or Legian, but if you want to venture to Ubud, there is a gorgeous 2 storey Balinese house that was built for the owner June Yuong from Perth years ago.
    She decided she could not manage the stairs so built a single level next door.
    Nowadays she rents out the house to travellers and her two Balinese staff- wayan the driver and Made the house keeper look after all her guests.
    Her house is an authentic Balinese house built for her by Balinese builders.
    You can view photos of the house at travel.webshots.com/album/47...
    For all information regarding the house, contact information etc go to the link below I put up on Indahnesia.com back in 2005.
    forum.indahnesia.com/topic/2...
    Pamela.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for affordable balinese cottages?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Jan 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Hi. I stayed in one of the cottages at the Aneka Beach Hotel on the Kuta Beach. Have a look at the images - images.search.yahoo.com/sear...
    Kuta beach is just across the street from the hotel but you won't get to see the beach from your cottage as the cottage is located within the garden of the hotel. It is a short walk from the shops and the cafes. Hard Rock Hotel is a few doors away...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines