Kusadasi Travel Answers

change location
nuzahmed's Profile Photo

how to go to Pumakale?

by nuzahmed Online Now Sep 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I am going to be in Kusadasi for about 1 and half day in third week of November! but I do want to see Pumakale hot springs. Can somebody help me if it is a good idea to plan for Pumakale in that short time or is there enough to do in Kusadasi that we shouldn't go. I think its a four hr drive from kusadasi to pumakale,so in one day going and coming back and then flying out next early morning may be its too much!I need some suggestion please. Also if we go to Pumakale and take train from Selcuk is it any faster??
Please help.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: how to go to Pumakale?

by Kuskiwi Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I've answered a couple of your other queries but find it hard to know what you really want to do and give good advice. If you only have a day and a half in Kusadasi you need to work out what your priorities are. Do you want to see Ephesus? Pammukkale or both?
    The Pammukkale trip is really a full day. By the time you get there, walk through Heirapolis to the travertines and back (cars cannot get very close now), perhaps swim in the Cleopatra pool and get back the day will be quite full. Tours usually leave at 8.30 back about 6ish but you will be returning in the dark at that time of year and that will have used up one of your days in Kusadasi. There is still all of Ephesus to see in a half day which is really a bit short.
    I haven't found anything about how long you are spending in Turkey or what you have planned for other places. This is probably a bit of a left field suggestion but maybe if you have surplus days in Istanbul, fly to Denzili on a day trip and see Pammukkale that way. It may turn out to be a very cost and time effective way. You get a taxi from the airport to the travertines and back.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines