Kuranda

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• snorkeling

Airlie Beach Jul 16, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I'll spend 4 days in august in arlie Beach.
      I like snorkeling . Can you give me any suggestions for a good excursions not too expensive ?

Tks, massimo from Italy

more
    • hotel near Lagoon?

Airlie Beach Jul 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi, is there a hotel or b & b near the lagoon in Arlie Beach? We really want to swim there, it's enchanting!
      Thank you!
      Carrell & Marty

more
    • what to do

Toowoomba Jul 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM

what is there to do in toowoomba on a saturday ? we are 3 bored uni students :)

more
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Dinner recommendation

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:54 PM

We will be in Port Douglas for our 10th wedding anniversary in early August and would like to have a special dinner on the special day. Cost isn't an issue, but we will have our 16 month old daughter with us so it needs to be a child-friendly place. No kids menu necessary as she just eats off my plate. I would appreciate any suggestions for which restaurant.

more
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Snorkelling with a 1 year old

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

My husband and I are going to Port Douglas to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in early August. We will have our 16 month old daughter with us too. We would love to go for a day trip snorkel tour. I'm looking for advice about the best tour, considering the type of boat and destination.

We will be staying in Port Douglas for 7 nights and Cairns for 2 nights, so preference would be to do the day tour from Port Douglas. Obviously we will take turns snorkelling as one of us will need to look after Siena. I know there are 2 types of tours - one type is just on a boat for the whole day and the other type is a boat trip to an island where you can snorkel off the shore. I like the idea of the island since it means Siena can run around and play at the water's edge while one of us snorkels, however I don't want to go with this option if the coral isn't as spectacular as snorkeling off a boat only tour if you know what I mean. These tours are not cheap, so I want to make sure we get to see some amazing coral. I've seen some of the tours that go to an island advertise glass bottom boats, which could be good for Siena but she is also very young and won't really understand what she is seeing. Siena is generally content anywhere she can run around (supervised of course) so any feedback about specific boats would be appreciated. Our entertainment book has a discount for tours with Silver Series, so any specific feedback about their tours would be great (that is a boat only tour).

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Good Spots for a decent breakfast

Gold Coast Jul 11, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone has found a great coffee/breakfast bar that isn't too commercial and not full of the normal rubbery eggs and fatty bacon?

more
    • Gold Coast and Brisbane itinerary and weather

Gold Coast Jul 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Will be going to Gold Coast for 8 nights and in between to go Brisbane for a day trip. Travel period will be first 2 weeks of October - 2A and 2C (age 12 years old). Any good suggestion on where to go day by day and also what is the weather during this period?

more
    • Is Emerald worth seeing

Emerald Jun 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM

What is there do do and see in Emerald. Is it worth spending 3 days there

more
    • 7_seconds's Profile Photo

need help with trip planing

Cairns Jun 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM

hello there! my husband and i are planing our honeymoon in australia in september. we will be based in sydney but my greatest desire is to visit great barrier reef. so i chose cairns as a base because i've heard there are situated most companies for GBR. we plan to stay in cairns maybe 2-3 or 4 days max. during that time i'd like to see something else in the surrounding area, and i've been surfing for interesting things for a while now and i only got frustrated and confused - there are SO many things to see and do there! its so hard to pick which ones to go during those few days.

so what i'm really looking for are suggestions, what should we take? we are on a bit of a budget too, but still, apart form GBR it seems to me that Daintree rainforest is and interesting site to see as well. also some whitewater rafting is said to be good as well. whitsundays are beautiful also and apparently can't be missed..
      i was looking for GBR tours and some of the major companies are situated in port douglas. is it better to be based in port douglas rather than cairns?

i'm completely lost :-(

we are looking for active holiday, i don't really care much about swiming pools, sunbathing or the "lazy" activities, we prefer seeing as much of australia as possible.

more
    • seblak's Profile Photo

Daintree or kuranda

by seblak Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM

İ have one day at cairns (tomorrow).
      Which one should i go :
      Daintree or kuranda

4 Answers Nov 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM
    • Cairns to Kuranda and back

by oliver99701 Online Now May 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Traveling in June with 3 kids, thought it would be fun to take a train ride up to Kuranda and then the sky lift back down. Where do I catch the train? How do I get there from Cairns? How far is it from Cairns to the train? What would be the cost? Thanks

6 Answers May 26, 2009 at 11:30 PM
    • Is there local bus transportation from Kuranda back to Cairns?

by Duranee Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 12:56 PM

I will be in Cairns for a couple days in Dec. but only have one afternoon to visit Kuranda. We plan to take the skyrail/cable up to Kuranda, but to save time, we were wondering if there were buses that run up to Kuranda that we could take to get back to Cairns, rather than taking the skyrail back down. (we'd prefer not to take the railroad back). Are there buses that run regularly back & forth out of Kuranda -- or are they limited to those who are taking a specific tour with a company?? (I can't seem to find any info on bus transportation on the web, going to or from Kuranda)
      Also, since we want to leave our hotel at a specific time for Kuranda (around 1:30 to 2 pm), do we need to make reservations with skyrail ahead of time ...or can we wait until we check into the hotel to call them for that day?? Do these cable cars (which I hear are small) book up in advance??
      Appreciate advice.

5 Answers Nov 14, 2008 at 12:39 PM