Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Barista Equipment

Guangzhou 16 hours ago

Hi am going to Guangzhou, and I want to shop barista equipment, like tamper, teflon pitcher, coffee filters, thermometer, etc. Can anyone help where I can by these kind of things.

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

Question about visits with locals

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). We would like to meet some local people to exchange culture and ideas. Is that possible?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Travel to Xianying Palace in Fuzhou Changle

Fuzhou Yesterday

Is it easy to hail a taxi in Changle of Fuzhou for travel to Xianying Palace near Changle Airport of Fuzhou? Is Xianying Palace important place to visit in Fuzhou? How much estimated to pay for a trip to this place?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Fuzhou on 5 December?

Fuzhou Yesterday

It is expected highest temperature in Fuzhou is 19 Degrees Celsius, lowest temperature at 11. Are upper long-john, long-sleeved shirt and winter jacket enough?

• Rail from Chengdu to Leshan

Chengdu Nov 2, 2015 at 1:15 AM

How easy is it to take the high speed rail from Chengdu to Leshan? And once in Leshan station, what is the best way to get to the Buddha? What are the expected travel times?

• Where to stay

Shenzhen Oct 28, 2015 at 8:01 PM

hi there just looking at coming to Shenzhen like to be near some shopping like clothing electrical and General knick knacks also if it near some tourist attractions too. Which area is best and any ideas on some 4 star hotels thanks so much really appreciate it. Thankyou

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

Fuzhou Yesterday

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

• bullet train

Xiamen Nov 14, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi,i will b travelling to fuzhou next week then to xiamen but i need to know which train station must i go from fuzhou to xiamen zhong shan parK? I understand that there r a few station to board n alight the train.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Sleeping in Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Nov 6, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Can i sleep at Guangzhou Airport upon arrival at 2 am? I have a domestic flight to board at 2.15 pm for Hangzhou.

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

How to spend a day on our own in Shanghai

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). How can we spend a day ( not too expensive) seeing off beat Shangahi.

• price of china

Beijing Nov 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM

What prices at KFC in China

• 2 weeks every day expenses

Lanzhou Oct 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Traveling to Lanzhou for 2 weeks Mid December 2015, Wondering what i will need for lots of coffee, "cafe's" Cheap eats most of the time, Good Restaurant perhaps 3 times with friend and daughter "vegen" I would expect i will do a couple of Museums, Go out to a couple of local Bars, 2-3 times, City transport, and will need cheap Mobile phone with prepaid credit,

Some hints as to whats worth seeing in and around Lanzhou and if any huge bulk shopping centres, and cake shops

I wouldn't mind going to some of the disadvantaged area's of Lanzhou also. perhaps do a little people orientated volunteer work while i am there, any information on this would also be helpful.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Hangzhou on 13 November?

Hangzhou Nov 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM

May I know what should i wear for four hours in Hangzhou outdoors on 13 November between 4.20 pm and 8 pm? Can i just wear long-john and long-sleeved shirt? Will they keep me less cold?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What can one do within 4 hours at Hangzhou Airport?

Hangzhou Nov 8, 2015 at 3:11 AM

Dear Hangzhou VT,

I arrive in Hangzhou Airport at 4.20 pm on Friday where i will transit for direct flight back to Singapore at 11 pm with Scoot. May I know are there tourist destinations near the airport other than the Head Office of Zhejiang Loong Air?

How far is West Lake from the airport? I understand there are no city train services to the airport.

• Best location to stay

Shanghai Oct 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I'll be traveling with my husband and 2 kids in december. We are very confused as to what area is the most convenient and nice. The options are jing'an, french concession, and xintiandi. Please help us decide. thank you

• rosielim's Profile Photo

Help required for recommendation on hotel stay for 1 nite near airport or train station

Shenzhen Oct 28, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Hello there,
      We are travelling in a group of 4 (3 seniors with me) taking high speed train from Guilin and will arrive Shenzhen North station during the late evening around 10pm. Would like to check in to a hotel for 1 nite to catch a flight the next morning. Therefore would appreciate for good recommendation on hotel stay either near BaoÁn Intl Airport or Shenzhen North train station.
      How about transport, is it safe to take any cabs in Shenzhen.We have 4 medium sized luggages.
      Your help is greatly appreciated.
      Tks & Regards,

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Railway hat badge

China Oct 28, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Hi all, Just returned from a GREAT trip to parts of China, which included a 20 hour 'soft sleeper' train Guilin - Shanghai and a fast 'bullet' train from Beijing - Xi'an.

As I am involved in tourist railways here in Australia, I was really trying to obtain a hat badge and offered money, a book and anything else I could think of to swap with railway people their hat badge. One scoured the entire train crew looking for a spare - sadly no luck. I managed to find an English speaking passenger on one of the trains and he looked up the Chinese version of eBay on his tablet device - I don't read, write or, apart from a few words, speak Chinese. I've tried to find a badge on eBay to no avail.

Below are 2 photos - one is the badge itself and attached to the soft hat of a female train worker, the other is attached to the hat of the friendly crew member on the fast train - and the one who scoured the train for me.

If anyone can PLEASE help me obtain a badge as photoed for my hat I would be very grateful and will pay for badge and postage to Australia in advance.

Hope someone can please help - xie xie nee

• rosielim's Profile Photo

Looking for private transport for booking in Shenzhen

China Nov 23, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I am looking for transport to book for my airport/hotel transfer during December.
      Anyone has a good contact that can recommend?
      Just need 1 trip from airport to train station and another trip from hotel to airport.
      4 adults and 4 luggages.
      Your help is greatly appreciated.

• myortodoks's Profile Photo

Kunming weather

by myortodoks Online Now Oct 12, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Hi how about weather at Kunming? I will arrive Kunming on 31st Oct 2015. I did prepare some clothes

winter jacket
      Long john

I dont know what to expect as this is my 1st time travel without using agency

8 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 9:16 PM
    • Bus from Kunming to Dongchuan Redland

by lowbang Online Now Oct 11, 2015 at 7:54 AM

My flight arrive at 0730 hrs and I am unable to take the two scheduled buses departing at 0730 and 0830 hrs for Hong Tu Di(Hua Shi Tou)
      Please help to confirm that there are buses going to Dongchuan County and then change to another bus or taxi to Hong Tu Di(Hua Shi Tou).
      What are the timings and prices?
      Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2015 at 3:39 AM
    • DRIVER at kunming

by ghianda01 Online Now May 25, 2015 at 5:14 AM

We need a driver who accompany us for three days. We are 02 people .
      Exactly we arrive at Kunming airport on Friday 7 August at 18.00, but we would like to sleep in Shillin (Petried Forest).

the next day Saturday August 8 visit Shillin (Petried Forest) and continue to Jianshui and see Confucio Temple, Zhu garden family and Bridge of 2 dragoons . Sleeping in Jianshui.
      The next day, Sunday, August 9 visit Yuanyang (terrace) and back to Kunming in the late afternoon .

Could you help us to find a solution by agency or single professional driver ?
      our email is
      luca & paola

1 Answer Jul 23, 2015 at 3:40 AM
    • Left luggage

by GraceS26 Online Now May 18, 2015 at 6:33 AM

We will be in Kumming from 19/5, then fly to Lijiang on 22/5. Return to Kumming on 24/5 to transit to Singapore on same day. Need to leave a large luggage for 3 days. May I know where can I leave it safely and how much will it cost pls?thanks

1 Answer May 19, 2015 at 5:06 AM
    • Closest decent clean hotel to Kunming train station

by frankteh Online Now Apr 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Hi all,
      Would appreciate advise on which hotel is closest to the Kunming train station. I am travelling with my 10 year old, and will be by train from Lijiang, arriving in the morning at around 6am. My flight to KUL is at 1740 same day.

Any advice as to which hotel would be good for us. Thanks

• Kunming to Yuanyang, then to Dali and Lijiang

by thymery Online Now Apr 18, 2015 at 3:05 AM

I plan to travel from Kunming to Yuanyang, stay there 2 days, then travel to Dali (bypass Kunming), then to Lijiang. Finally back to Kunming before heading home. Total in 9 days. Any suggestion? Where to stay in these places? I am budget traveller.

2 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

by myortodoks Online Now Mar 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Hi I will go to Kunming by Air Asia end of Oct 30 until 5 Nov 2015. From Kunming i would to go to Chuxiong, Lijiang and Dali by train. Can someone suggest me which area i should go first and which place I should cover.

15 Answers May 3, 2015 at 7:06 PM
    • SurinderKakar's Profile Photo

Which clothes should i carry as i am going to stay in Kunming from March to July ?

by SurinderKakar Online Now Feb 18, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Hello , I'm packing for kunming but i cant figure out exactly which all clothes should i carry to kunming for march to july month . Plz anyone suggest me here or to my email :

3 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 10:20 AM
    • Travelling from Kunming to Dali

by wanzulwd Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I am planning to travel to Dali from Kunming the end of September 2014, together with 6 others. I am thinking of taking a van. What do you think? Btw how much does it cost per trip?

• Kunming airport

by Blackspy Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I will be arriving at Kunming airport from overseas and plan to board a local flight to Lijiang from the same Kunming airport. Is one and half hours sufficient time after arriving from overseas to take the local flight to Lijiang? Let me know, thanks.

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Pearls in Luoiswan

by Kianavisha Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Where in Luoiswan can I buy pearls?

• n4nova's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Kunming, 4 days

by n4nova Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I am planning to visit Kunming from Bangkok. The places I want to visit are - Dongchuan Red Land, World Horti-Expo Garden, Jiuxiang Scenic Area, Jiuxiang Scenic Area and may be Taihe Palace(not sure about this one).

So, can you please suggest me that what would be best to visit and if 4 days is sufficient to visit? And, may be help me with an sample itinerary?

Thanks a lot!

P.S - one more question. Daguan Pavilion is same as Dongchuan Red Land? If not same then I want to include is too.

2 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 12:37 AM
    • Goldwinde's Profile Photo

What is the BEST city in the world for living (comparing Kunming, China)?

by Goldwinde Online Now Dec 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I am an American currently live in Kunming, China for four years now (for a total of 13 years in China). So, far it is the BEST city in the world for me to live in and I hope/expect to live here forever. However, if for some reason I can't stay here at some point (e.g. China won't issue me another visa), I want to have a backup city for me to move to. And I want to KNOW what my backup city is in advance.

I have several criteria for my backup city (to try to match Kunming or better):
      1) Good weather year around (Kunming almost always gets up to 15 degrees (Celsius) each day in the winter and rarely goes above 30 degrees in the summer)

2) Great prices compared to USA (it would cost me six times more to live in the USA given my current level of living here in Kunming: I have a 2700 square foot luxury apartment for $500 USD per month; my personal assistant works for me for less than $3 per hour, etc.)

3) I would like to live in a city of 1,000,000 or more, although I might accept as low at 500,000.

4) The residents of this city should have a friendly attitude towards Americans.

These are my basic requirements. Do you know of any cities in your travels that might fit?

With much appreciation...

8 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    • Sean59's Profile Photo

Kunming,Dali and Lijiang DIY Tour( December 2013 )

by Sean59 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Can anyone suggest how to go around these places in 8 days free n easy ? My wife and I plan to go to Kunming for 2 days, 3 days in Dali and 3 days in Lijiang. Will there be a problem taking public transport in these places ?

Chin Malaysia

31 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    • Good and cheap (Chinese) tablet brand?

by Wzshop Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I would like to buy a tablet in kunming. I am looking for a good but cheap (chinese) brand. Where can i find a tablet store and when i buy a Chinese brand, would it be easily possible to translate the software in english?

Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Where can I get my laptop fixed?

by SilkRoad1122 Online Now May 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Am arriving in Kunming tomorrow and I need to urgently get my laptop fixed as it is infected with a virus. Can anyone recommend where I can go where the staff speak good english.

5 Answers May 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • driver

by viacc65 Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I am looking for a professional/reliabe driver from Kunming to YuanYang

2 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • Dres's Profile Photo

two day itinerary for Kunming China

by Dres Online Now Dec 21, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Could you please recommend two days of activities for Kunming?

3 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 12:52 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

From Kunming airport to Fairyland Hotel Kunming Jingxing

by anoum Online Now Nov 6, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Hi, if I wish to take the shuttle bus from the airport into the hotel in the city, where do I get down? After that, do I take a taxi or walk? Or is it better to take a taxi directly?
      The hotel is in East Shifu Street, Kunming City Center. TQ.

3 Answers Nov 30, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Lodging in Kunming

by anoum Online Now Oct 18, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Can anyone give an opinion about Cloudland Youth Hostel and The Hump Youth Hostel?
      In terms of location (train station, airport, shopping malls) and other factors like cleanliness.

I am also open to staying at budget hotels and hope to get some recommendations (about 200 yuan/night). TQ.

10 Answers Oct 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Kunming-Shangrila first or...?

by anoum Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I shall be in Kunming on 11 Nov and have planned to fly to Shangrila on 13 Nov before slowly making my way down to Kunming once more via Dali and Lijiang by bus/train. Is this a good idea or should I go up slowly by bus/train up to Shangrila before flying back to Kunming? TQ.

11 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 3:21 AM
    • Train Journey from Kunming

by sayem Online Now Aug 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I'm planning a trip from Kunming to Lijiang by overnight train. I need some suggestion from you.

1. Which overnight Train has VIP Chamber, since we, a couple, will visit with 3 yr kid (height is less than 95cm)
      a. K9606 (20:53 ~ 06:33)
      b. K9610 (21:58 ~ 07:10)
      c. K9614 (22:28 ~ 07:39)
      d. K9652 (23:55 ~ 10:12)

2. I will start on 28th Oct 2012 from Kunming by overnight train. Is it possible to book the ticket from the website just now to ensure to get by anyone else with my name & passport number.

3. How much it would take by a taxi from Kunming new airport to Train Station at around 19:30 and what will be the time to reach.

4. Is there any alternative way (by bus) to reach Train Station from new airport? What is the route if we want to go by bus & what time it may take at the evening time?

Thanks in advance for your great passions.

• travelinxs's Profile Photo

Computer Repair

by travelinxs Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a computer (external hard drive) repaired in Kunming?

Many thanks.

3 Answers Nov 4, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    • vuzu's Profile Photo

Decent budget hotel around rmb150

by vuzu Online Now Sep 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Hi, I will arrive Kunming late in the evening next month and I'm looking for a budget hotel with attach bathroom and breakfast.
      Someone recommended me the Camelia hotel, quite a lot negative reviews on Camelia hotel.Is there any budget hotels around rmb150 in prime location in Kunming? Thanks and much appreciate.

• kunming villas /farmhouse resort

by spiritbloom Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Anyone out there can give me some contacts regarding farm or villa stays with meals provided near Kunming? Good and cheap as well
      Thanks for any replies

• clawmike's Profile Photo

Car and driver

by clawmike Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM

We will be in Kunming in April and would like to hire a car with driver for about four days to take us to Dali and back. We are travellers with minimal luggage.

3 Answers May 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    • iblatt's Profile Photo

Guide for 1 day

by iblatt Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Can anyone recommend a guide for Kunming and its environs for 1 day?

• car rental with driver

by COLLET Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 7:21 AM

We are 3 persons arriving in Kunming on the 23 of September,and we would like to rent a car with a driver to go to visit Yunnan till the 3 of October.What would be the price for that?

• Private Driver

by bridgetkamahele Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I am looking to hire a private driver to take me from Kunming to Dongchuan/Lexiaguo, Stone Forest and then Yuanyang. Can anyone suggest a driver and would you know the price?

Thank you.

• trantrulla's Profile Photo

Suggested iternary for family with 1 toddler and 1 infant

by trantrulla Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM

1. When is a good time (weather-wise) to visit? Rain is a problem for us since we have young children.

2. Any suggested iternary and number of days required (slow pace, not the rush-here-rush-there pace)

3. Any recommended holiday service apartments?

Thanks a million in advance to fellow forumers!

6 Answers Jun 15, 2010 at 4:48 AM