Kunming Travel Answers

change location

Kunming-Hong Kong-Beijing-Kunming

by eline2000 Online Now May 3, 2006 at 2:56 AM

I hv a plan to visit kunming to hong kong. then hong kong to beijing to kunming again.

Can any one pls. help me with following the info.

a. how much is the fair (both train and bus from kunming to hongkong?
b. fair (both bus and train from hong kong to beijing?
c. fair (both bus and train from beijing to kunming? the route from beijing to kunming.
d. last of all, shall i need visa to enter hong kong from china?

thnk you.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ellyse's Profile Photo

RE: Kunming-Hong Kong-Beijing-Kunming

by ellyse Online Now May 8, 2006 at 1:12 AM

a) There're no direct trains from Kunming to Hong Kong. You might be better off taking the train to Guangzhou and then changing to one that goes to Hong Kong from there. K363/K366 goes to Guangzhou main train station and K229/K232 goes to Guangzhou (East) train station. The latter will be preferable as the trains to Hong Kong leave from Guangzhou (East) train station, and the fare will be 330/341/353 RMB for hard sleeper and 517/539 RMB for soft sleeper. I don't think taking a bus for such a long journey is advisable.
    b) I think the fare for the international train from Hong Kong to Beijing will be about 600+ HKD for a sleeper.
    c) T61 train goes from Beijing to Kunming in a bit under 40 hours. It's 539/558/578 RMB for hard sleeper and 852/890 RMB for soft sleeper.
    d) I hope you already know that you need a double-entry visa for China for your proposed route. I've no idea if you need a visa to Hong Kong as you didn't specify your passport nationality.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines