Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• amarshah's Profile Photo

Interested in attending a basic workshop on Shibori tye n dye

Japan Jul 22, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Hello,

Will be traveling to Japan in Nov'15. I will be at Tokyo, Osaka & Kyoto, I was interested in attending a basic course in Shibori tie n dye. A few hours utmost.

Do let me have details on these workshops.

Thanks

Amar

more
    • sappor tapas festival

Sapporo Jul 9, 2015 at 1:17 PM

any suggestions for this coming festival next month?

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Please Need Advice accommodation - Tokyo for 30 days starting second week of August

Tokyo 15 hours ago

1. In Spain many homes rent rooms to tourists guests by the month. Would there be something like this for 2 tourists visiting Tokyo, preferably in Shinjuku or near Shinjuku.
      2.Is there a monthly budget train ticket and discount for senior travelers.
      3. We are non-smokers so we hope it will not be difficult non-smokers accommodation.
      thank you for any advice given.

more
    • adeeltahir's Profile Photo

JAPAN VISIT NAGOYA, TOKYO

Japan Jul 25, 2015 at 2:06 PM

I am planning to visit Japan from Sep 11 to Sep 22, 2015. Most of the stay is in Nagoya for official meeitngs. I have free days 13,20&21 .
      Can anyone reocmmend to visit cities for these free days?
      Is there places to visit in Nagoya in evening. we can plan free time after meetings?
      what about weather in Nagoya, Osaka and Tokyo in Mid Sep

more
    • best way from airport to hotel

Niigata-ken Jul 22, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Hi, I'm headed to Niigata city and am wondering if there is an airport shuttle or if a taxi would be our best option. We will have four adults and all our luggage. Thank you. Carla

more
    • mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Train Travel to Tokyo from Osaka

Osaka Yesterday

I'll be in Japan for 11 days. Will arrive in Tokyo, train to Kyoto, and then train to Osaka and then return to Tokyo.

Using high speed train, what's the most cost effective solution?

more
    • Airport shuttle

Niigata Jul 22, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Is there an airport shuttle to area hotels in Niigata city? We will be staying at the Hotel Route Inn, Kencho-minami.

more
    • April 2016 Trip planning for Japan

Japan Jul 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM

I'm planning a trip to Japan for April 2016 and would really appreciate some advice. To be clear, I went to Japan in November 2014 so this trip is to explore more (we loved it). My current plan is:

1: Day 1 Arrive Narita 31/March
      2: Day 1 Fly from Narita to Fukuoka
      3: Day 2 Six days on Kyushu
      4: Day 8 travel to Shikoku
      5: Day 9 Four days on Shikoku
      6: Day 13 travel to Koya-san via Tokushima to Wakayama ferry then train
      7: Day 14 One day Koyasan
      8: Day 15 travel to yyyy.
      9: Day 16 3 days in yyyy
      10: Day 19 Travel to Narita (stay in Narita to be near Narita Airport for departure next day)
      11: Day 20 Fly from Narita.

We will use JRPass and trains as much as possible. In each travel day I've blocked the whole day out for travel, that way if we take less it is a bonus.

So, my questions are probably simple...
      1: Looks like Usuki (Kyushu) to Yawatahama (Shikoku) ferry is about 3 hours, is that correct?
      2: Looks like Tokushima (Shikoku) to Wakayama (Honshu) ferry is about 2h10m, is that correct?
      Are these reasonable routes to use or is there better?

The destination yyy could be a return to Kyoto or to go to Fuji-san. Which would be best, possibly seeing Cherry Blossom? Really liked Kyoto but would like to visit the Fuji area, instead of seeing it whizzing past on Shinkansen.

Many thanks for reading this and any comments really appreciated.

more
    • vieviengan's Profile Photo

Tarveling date

Japan Jul 15, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Hi I heard there will be a Golden week in Japan somewhere in April / May . Is it better to avoid that period of time , I am planning to go somewhere in mid April - end April , 29 . I google the date on 29 April 2016 will be Showa . Will it be crowded if I travel back on this date ? Will it be good to travel in Mid of April for weather and to avoid crowd, price increase.

more
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

best location

Kyoto Jul 8, 2015 at 6:18 AM

hi where is it better to stay? around central tokyo or around kyoto station?
      thanks

more
    • EihabHassan's Profile Photo

From Haneda airport to Tokyo

Tokyo Jun 30, 2015 at 3:54 AM

How to get to tokyo from Haneda airport after 12:00 PM

more
    • Weather in November

Okinawa Jul 1, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Hi,

I´m going to HongKong in Novermber and was thinking about doing a trip to Okinawa. My questions is if it is easy to travel between HK and Okinawa and how is the weather in mid November? What can I expect? Is it a good time to visit?

more
    • Tellme's Profile Photo

Tattoo onsen?

Hokkaido Jun 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi All, I have a sizeable back tattoo but would still like to onsen (preferably outdoor) on our trip around Hokkaido during the next two weeks. Does anyone know any onsen (anywhere in Hokkaido) that don't care and will let me bathe? From previous experience years ago I know most places have signs up prohibiting entry to tattooed folk. Have the times changed? I was last there about 4yrs ago and was able to hide a smaller tattoo under strapping tape, but I won't be able to hide this new back one. We have a car and no set itinerary - will just end our trip in Kushiro, so any recommendations, anywhere at all, would be appreciated. Thanks, Terry

more
    • Name in itinerary (Expedia)

Tokyo Jul 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Hello!

I just booked a fligth by Expedia, and in my itinerary my name is like "Mr. -Given Name- -Surname-". The correct shouldn't be "Mr. -Surname- -Given Name-"? Do I have to ask for name change?

more
    • vieviengan's Profile Photo

Tokyo-Osaka or Osaka -Tokyo

Japan Jul 15, 2015 at 1:03 AM

I would like to know I am planning of going these 2 places , I would like o know which would be better I will be flying from Kuala Lumpur , Flying KL- Osaka-Tokyo-KL or Kl- Tokyo- Osaka-KL , in Osaka I planning to go to Kyoto, Nara, Kobe

more
    • toddlerfriendly places in Kumamoto?

by lucia_in_jp Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Hello, we are planning to come to Kumamoto with our almost 2 year old toddler and are trying to find out places that would be of interest to visit with him, any advice also for childfriendly restaurants...?

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    • Getting to Mt Aso from Aso station/town

by ZeroNiner Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 2:46 AM

I understand that there is a bus service that goes up to Asosan from Aso station or village. Where can I find the schedule, as on the day of my visit I need to catch the 15:44 train back to Kumamoto.
      Alternatively, I was thinking of renting a car for 6 hours. Are there any car rentals within Aso? Lonely Planet's guide says there is but I'm not sure if the info is updated.
      Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM