Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lhotsky's Profile Photo

Kuching - Sibu ferry or flight

Kuching Mar 20, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Hi,

we will travel Kuching - Sibu in August to make trip up the river. We dont expect to stay in Sibu and continue to Song or Kapit (and Belaga later). I think about two ways:
      1) Ferry - It would take 5 hr, so about early midday in Sibu.
      2) Flight - MASwings has cheap flight, early morning, so let say 9am be in Sibu. The prize is twice as much as ferry (?)
      My questions:
      - what are pros and cons except time? MASwing safe? Ferry trip boring?
      - If using ferry from Kuching, can we get into Song in the same day? Perhaps if fly we should stay in Sibu until ferry come from Kuching and follow with the same boat, so loose anyway?

Thanks

Thanks a lot

more
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Are these day trips provided by tour agency do able by ourself without taking a guide ?

by DaHongHua Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM

..... which we need to pay accoding head count, to
      1. Bako National Park
      2. Annah Rais Bidayuh Longhouse
      3. Sarawak Cultural Village
      I look forward to plan for Sarawak in July.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • 4D3N kuching trip

by scgan Online Now Oct 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

We are a group of 9 person, going to Kuching on 8/3/2014, now is looking for private guide and itinerary, any recommendation

2 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    • Chartered Taxi

by Mzn Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Where can I contact someone because I want a chartered taxi to Serikin? How much will it cost?

1 Answer Aug 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    • Need help for Kuching travel guide, Thanks!

by mavechin Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dear all,

I will be travel to Kuching this Friday till Monday and this is my 1st time to Kuching. Therefore,I would like to get some tips from you guys for the items below

1) Hotel? (preferable near airport, budget per night 100)
      2) Tourist spots and activities? (natural and happening)
      3) Nice Local food?
      4) Things to concern when in Kuching.

I will be travelling alone and any travel buddy who would like to join me are more than welcome.

Thank you so much in advance for your helps...

• kentut_besar's Profile Photo

Things to do in Kuching

by kentut_besar Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Vanakam.

I've secured accommodation in Damai Puri Resort for the Rainforest World Music Festival, on 9, 10 & 11 July 2010 :)

I'm simply thrilled, because I've been trying to do this for 4 years, but with no success; the accommodation in Mount Santubong near the concert venie, the Sarawak Cultural Village (SCV) is always booked solid for this period for up to 7 months in advance !!

Anyway, I've got a free morning, & I'm wondering what to do in Kuching that morning before my flight back in the evening.

Welcome any ideas, cheers.

3 Answers Apr 22, 2010 at 1:43 AM
    • arissyam's Profile Photo

Public Bus To Serikin Market?

by arissyam Online Now Nov 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Hi

I'll be travelling alone to Kuching this coming 4th of December. i would like to know whether there is express bus that going to Serikin Market? Is it okay to travel there alone?

Thank u for your reply..

1 Answer Dec 22, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    • danishtraveller's Profile Photo

CAR RENTAL in Kuching

by danishtraveller Online Now Mar 3, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a car rental in Kuching? Going on 13 march.

• Which Park near Kuching to visit on weekend ?

by vaclavv Online Now Jun 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Hi. This August I will be about five days in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia and plan to visit some of the National Parks near there. In general I would like to spend two days in Bako and a day in Kubah/Matang and another day on Santubong peninsula; the last day I fly out at night I would like to go to Semenggoh.

Now, within these five days there is a weekend and I expect the Parks are more crowded on weekends. So I am wandering which of the mentioned places I should visit during weekend while avoiding the crowds as much as I can. I figured my best option will be to put those two weekend days on visiting Bako NP as I plan to go there early in the morning, take the Limau Trail, spend the night there at Limau beach (or the Keruin beach) and come back next evening - I guess, not so many people walks so far away and so I may get out of the crowds that way.

Could anybody familiar with the area to give me his/her opinion about the best itinerary. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 12, 2008 at 4:39 AM
    • How's the weather in late October in Kuching?

by satikin Online Now Oct 4, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Hi there, we will come to Kuching, we 'll stay at the Damai Holiday Inn, somewhere between 21 to 22 of October will i be able to visit the Bako Park and ORANG UTAN REHABILITATION CENTRE or it will rain a lot? Is orang-utan worth it? We will stay for 4 days it is our first time visiting Borneo and it will be as just married, any tips? Thanks for your precious time

2 Answers Oct 5, 2007 at 1:53 AM
    • BAKO National Park opening periods

by JohnnyAus Online Now Aug 22, 2004 at 2:04 AM

Hi there!! I'll planning to visit Kuching in mid December this year (2004) and was hoping to go to Bako National Park. Can anyone tell me whether whether it will be open or will it be closed this time of the year? Also, can anyone tell me whether it rains often during this period? i.e. everyday? If the park opens I am wondering whether it will be worth going if it rains everyday? Thanks. John.

2 Answers Nov 4, 2004 at 6:05 AM
    • Holiday Inn Damai Beach

by TJBAUS Online Now May 23, 2004 at 9:44 PM

We are looking to head to Kuching for the first time in Dec 04 / Jan 05. It is a family group and we are intending in staying 4 nights at Holiday Inn Kuching and then 9 nights Holiday Inn Damai Beach. Is there plenty to do whilst staying here and what are these accommodations like? I am particularly interested in hearing anything on Holiday Inn Damai Beach - are there lots of activities offered by the resort, etc. We have been asked by a travel agent back here why we would want to stay there for that long because there is not much to do. Is this correct?? Does anyone know the web site for Holiday Inn Damai Beach. Also what is the beach like - can you swim in it, snorkle, etc. Any information is appreciated, Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 12:22 AM
    • govt permit in sarawak

by brita Online Now Mar 24, 2004 at 11:01 AM

hello I will be visiting sarawak and intend to visit one of the national parks of this region. I would like to know a) Which ones are close to Kuching? b) Is a government permit reqd to visit the parks? If so where can they be got from? Thanks, Brita

4 Answers Mar 26, 2004 at 6:26 PM