Kuching Travel Answers

change location
kentut_besar's Profile Photo

Things to do in Kuching

by kentut_besar Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Vanakam.

I've secured accommodation in Damai Puri Resort for the Rainforest World Music Festival, on 9, 10 & 11 July 2010 :)

I'm simply thrilled, because I've been trying to do this for 4 years, but with no success; the accommodation in Mount Santubong near the concert venie, the Sarawak Cultural Village (SCV) is always booked solid for this period for up to 7 months in advance !!

Anyway, I've got a free morning, & I'm wondering what to do in Kuching that morning before my flight back in the evening.

Welcome any ideas, cheers.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do in Kuching

by balhannah Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I would wander around Kuching, enough to keep you busy there for that amount of time. chinese museum, shops, riverside walk, museum, lookout, take the sampan across the river to Fort Margaretha, have a look at my Kuching pages for plenty of ideas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • din2x's Profile Photo

by din2x Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Try to have breakfast in Kuching, local style. Go to a food court near old Kuching Mosque, and eat Mi Jawa and Satay. The Mi Jawa is different than what you see in Peninsular Malaysia, and YES, they eat Satay for breakfast.

Because 11 July is on sunday Go to Pasar Satok. It is a morning market, with alot of local stuff, handicrafts, etc.. For most people from Peninsular, this is the place to get ikan terubuk Masin. Just tell them that you are going to take it on plane, and they will provide a proper packaging in a box.

• tjclassic8482's Profile Photo

by tjclassic8482 Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 1:43 AM

If you are in Satok area in the morning, look for MI KOLOK restaurant (can't recall the name) near Maybank.

Go shopping ikan terubok masin at the market. Go for the one called UITM (Usahawan Ikan Terubok Masin). And also don't forget shopping for KEK LAPIS SARAWAK. Find the one made by Rabiah or Mariam.

I suppose you'll be Kuching on Monday the 12th, so you'll miss Satok's Saturday and Sunday's market.

P/S : Used to work in Kuching 2006-2008.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines