Kuching Travel Answers

change location

BAKO National Park opening periods

by JohnnyAus Online Now Aug 22, 2004 at 2:04 AM

Hi there!! I'll planning to visit Kuching in mid December this year (2004) and was hoping to go to Bako National Park. Can anyone tell me whether whether it will be open or will it be closed this time of the year? Also, can anyone tell me whether it rains often during this period? i.e. everyday? If the park opens I am wondering whether it will be worth going if it rains everyday? Thanks. John.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • WSH80's Profile Photo

Re: BAKO National Park opening periods

by WSH80 Online Now Oct 31, 2004 at 2:10 AM

Hi John! I am still exploring this wonderful site of Virtual Tourist (after not coming here for quite some time) and I saw your message in the forum. Hope this is not too late yet to reply to your query. Actually, if you ask the locals here, many will not recommend going to Bako during end of year as it is the wet monsoon season. Weather is somehow very unpredictable and we get a LOT of rains during this season (Nov. - Mar.). But I would still say sometimes you might have a good luck and the weather is perfect and fine. I don't think they close the park just because of this reason. However, if the weather is bad, the transportation (which is about a 20-minute boat ride) might be problem as they can't go to the park under bad condition. If going to Bako is your only destination in Kuching, then I would say it's not really worth it to visit during that point of time. If you will stay for quite some time in Kuching to explore other parts of the city, then visiting Kuching is actually possible all year round. Kuching has quite a lot to offer, why not coming and stay for a while to explore? :-) You might like the city! Ok, hope to hear from you soon. Take care! Regards, Hong

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: BAKO National Park opening periods

by JohnnyAus Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 6:05 AM

Thanks for the advice!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines