Kuching Travel Answers

change location

Single Traveller

by Run_Around Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Hi,

I am planning on going to Kuching in July and want to book a couple of trips before i get there (so that i have something planned). Everywhere i have looked says they only take 2 person bookings.

Can anyone recommend a good private tour guide for me?. I am planning on at least visitin Bako national park and Kubah National Park whilst i am there.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Single Traveller

by Borisborough Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Hi - if you're going to Bako, try to spend a couple of nights there. The animals are more active at dawn and dusk and you'll miss that if you only go for a day trip. Additionally, there are several good walhing routes that can be done over a couple of days without going crazy (Paku, Kencil, Lintang) and the guided nightwalk is a must - scorpions, snakes, tarantulas and more. Single travellers can certainly go there - camping is an option and there's hostel accommodation there too. The only problem might be getting a boat from Bako jetty to the park HQ - a return trip is MYR94 for up to four people so try to get a group together at the jetty. To get there, catch the red bus from one of the central bus stations in Kuching (I'm not sure which one but they'll happily tell you) on the hour or from outside the Provincial Insurance building at five past the hour. I really don't think you need a tour guide for Bako - but it's your choice.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: Single Traveller

by balhannah Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I would wait until there, then book with the Hotel you are staying with or one of the agencies in town. We had no trouble getting on a tour. Often asian countries will join with another tour company if they haven't enough people on their tour.
    I have put a link to my Kuching page. Just copy and paste the link
    "Kuching" - Kuching by balhannah

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines