Kuching Travel Answers

change location
azharhafiz's Profile Photo

is it ok to visit kuching alone?

by azharhafiz Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Am from Singapore I taught of backpacking to kuching,sarawak alone

is it safe?

I can't seem to find any friends to tag along

I heard that kuching is the cleanest city in Malaysia?

what would roughly my budget be? is kuching more expensive then KL or JB?

I just need some fresh air...as you know Singapore = concrete jungle

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: is it ok to visit kuching alone?

by balhannah Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I can't see why not, there were other travellers there alone. The people are friendly and nice, the city and surrounds is interesting. It is cheaper than Singapore, and probably the same or cheaper than KL. We found it very cheap, we come from Australia.
    Have tips on Kuching page if you want to look, just click on name above photo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: is it ok to visit kuching alone?

by Mikebb Online Now May 11, 2010 at 6:07 AM

We were there May 2009 and had a great time. Much to see and we always felt safe. Plenty of places to eat cheaply and also backpacker type accommodation. Check out Kuching VT pages.

• Re: is it ok to visit kuching alone?

by SPOOLEY Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 8:43 AM

When I travelled to Kuching it was mostly as part of a group tour, but I also spent some time in Kuching by myself at the end of my trip before travelling back to Kuala Lumpur.

I found that the city was very safe and I never felt worried or scared whilst walking about alone. Kuching is a very small city compared to say Kuala Lumpur so you should feel fine here.

Borneo is generally more costly to travel around than the mainland of Malaysia but it does not have to be expensive. There are quite a few good hostels or guesthouses around Kuching that you could stay at.

Kuching is a great place to travel to if you want a bit of fresh air like you say. Kuching, even though it is the capital of Sarawak is a very small city. It has a lovely waterfront where I would recommend you take a stroll along, compared to Singapore in terms of traffic and noise it’s a haven.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines