Kuching Travel Answers

change location

Family's first time to Kuching

by pamyeo Online Now May 29, 2008 at 10:10 AM

We are a family of 6 which consist of 3 adults, 2 children and 1 infant, will travel to Kuching on 16-17 June & 19-21 June. 17-19 June will be in Kota Kinabalu.

We do not like to stay in hotel due to cost and size of our group, want to stay together in one room. Ideally, a 5-bedded domitory or chalet will be suitable. Accommodation for 16-17 June already confirmed at Parklane Lodge. However, Parklane Lodge is unavailable 19-21 June. Is there any good suggestion of similar type of accommodation? Our budget for 1 night is not more than RM150.

Also, we are interested to visit the tribes. After enquiry from a travel agency, was quoted RM400 per person for overnight stay at Iban Longhouse. Although it's good to have a feel to spend the evening with the tribal people, it's certainly exceed my budget by a great deal. Is there any less costly way to do it? I want to hire a driver to bring us around for sight-seeing and nice local food. Any good recommendation of drivers? We like to have an authentic feel of Kuching. Please also recommend some markets that local people like to go.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Family's first time to Kuching

by freelander5883 Online Now Jun 8, 2009 at 10:42 PM

dear friend

i think what you need to do is you can stay at singgahsana lodge in kuching.freom there you can rent a van that provide by the lodge for their guest.bout the market you can go to sunday market that only open at saturday evening and sunday.

borneo-safariholiday-alden.b...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines