Kuching Travel Answers

change location

Kuching Day/Overnight Trips

by rebekahkf Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 1:03 PM

I will be in Kuching for several days in March. I am interested in seeing as many orang utans as possible in the parks near Kuching. Any suggestions on where to go? I know about the Semengoh sanctuary. I am planning on making a 1/2 day visit there. However, I am looking for opportunities to see more "wild" orangs. Maybe by staying overnight at Bako, Kubah or Gunung Gading? Can one stay there overnight? If so, how do I get there? Should I book in advance? Any suggestions are welcomed.
I would also be interested in similar information for the Lahad Datu/Danum Valley area. Is there any way to spend several nights there in/near the jungle and NOT stay at the BorneoRainforest Lodge?? THANKS!!!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • samput23's Profile Photo

Re: Kuching Day/Overnight Trips

by samput23 Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 2:11 AM

hi, trust me we offer wonderfull orang utans sighting in semenggoh. FYI, its rare to sight them in bako or gading but staying overnight in bako is worth it. you have the opportunity to see the proboscis monkeys, macaque, bearded pigs and many more wildlife. moreover, bako offers beautiful beaches for you to wind up after trekking. catch me if you feel like my company to guide yourself in all those parks.(myself-national park guide)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Kuching Day/Overnight Trips

by karulann Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 3:48 AM

Hi there, as you're looking to see more "wild" orangs. Then I really suggest you to stay in Bako. Been there and definitely the animals are all over the place, the Bearded pig (which i found is cute hehe), the annoying monkey, birds and much more.

About danum valley, I'm not too sure if there's another way to stay there instead at the Borneo Rainforest lodge.

• Re: Kuching Day/Overnight Trips

by karulann Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 3:49 AM

• MaryannPteo's Profile Photo

by MaryannPteo Online Now Feb 23, 2008 at 6:54 PM

What would you like to do, and for more info you can write to me at this address
    sil_verswan@yahoo.com. Am free lance travel line, you can view my website here at Virtual tourist "Sarawak - Land of the Hornbill!" - MaryannPteo's Profile

Thank you

Sincerely

Maryann Paulina Teo

by MaryannPteo Online Now Feb 23, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Hi there

Just let me know the package and budget and for how many person. Where do you like to go and what kind of tour would you like? Independent or join ups? Let me know I can help as I am free lancing. Feel fre to visit my website

Maryann P. Teo

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Mar 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM

A visit to the Fairy cave for a day trip. The Sarawak cultural village is excellent.

• bumpychick's Profile Photo

by bumpychick Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Are you going to Sabah too? We had some excellent wild orangutan sightings on the Kinabantang river.

by MaryannPteo Online Now Mar 12, 2008 at 5:14 AM

Yes you can stay overnight at Bako. They have more of those proboscis and long tailed monkeys there, with nice beach and the Stake which is famous for this Park. Gading is a place where you see Rafflesia, but u have to find out whether there is any blooming flower or else no point going there. If you are interested in jungle, going to Longhouse is the best and to stay over night like 3D/2N trip. If you like to know more I can find out for me. Write to me to sil_verswan@yahoo.com and will give you more info or do the booking for you. Bako and all National Parks are controlled by the Government here, so you have to do advance booking for staying overnight.
    Lahad Datu is in Sabah, that is another part of Malaysia.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines