Hi! I’m from Bandar Sunway, Selangor and I have registered myself for the Saberkas Marathon this coming March 26, 2006 and I am looking forward for a short holiday and a memorable run in Kuching.
The event will start at Bangunan Baitul Makmur (previously known as Bangunan MASJA), Petra Jaya, Kuching.
Here are some questions for the forum. The official website doesn’t help much.
1) Are there any hotels nearby the Start point? Preferably walking distance to avoid the hassle of arranging transport early in the morning.
2) If no hotel nearby, I guess the next best solution is to stay in Kuching city. Any suggestion for hotel? Prefer budget hotel – less than RM100 per night and nearby tourist attraction.
3) How much does a taxi trip cost from Kuching airport to Petra Jaya and Kuching to Petra Jaya?
4) How is the bus service to Petra Jaya? Where can I get info on bus schedule?
5) Any cat city member running this marathon? Perhaps we could meet up for teh tarik or carboloading before the run etc.
Thank you in advance for your answers.