Kuaotunu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Doubtful Sound.

Te Anau 11 hours ago

I have travelled Milford Sound. Is Doubtful Sound more Spectacular or roughly the same?

more
    • eswepe's Profile Photo

Accomodation - Can we wing it?

New Zealand Yesterday

Hello! We will be in New Zealand October 11-26. The first 5 days will be spent on the North Island and the rest on the South Island. I'm wondering whether it will be easy to find accomodation on the spot that time of year or whether we'll need to plan a bit further ahead. I know there are school holidays that extend into early October, but I think we'll just be catching the tail end our first couple of days in town (correct me if I'm wrong!). We're hoping to do a mix of camping and more standard guesthouse-type accomodations, but don't want to be tied down to a set schedule if we don't have to be. Also, for camping, if you have any suggestions for places to buy camping gear in Auckland, that would be great. We're debating whether to bring our own from home or buy once we're there and then donate it at the end (we'll be flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch, so I'm guessing renting isn't an option). Tips on donation centers that might accept camping gear in Christchurch would be great too.

Thanks!

more
    • Suggestion on Cheap Accomodation and Car Rentals in New Zealand

New Zealand Jun 17, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Hi,

Can you please suggest for following places.

Auckland, Queenstown, Rortorua, Christchurch, Franz Josef

more
    • How to save cost while Travelling to New Zealand

New Zealand Jun 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Hi,

Can you please suggest a way to reduce cost while travelling to New Zealand. We are a family of 3 travelling with an 18 month old baby.

Please advise.

more
    • gailwood@clear.net.nz

Ohakana Island Jun 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Is there accommodation on Ohakana Island.

Cheers Gail Wood

more
    • Please recommend an active guided bus tour in NZ

New Zealand Jun 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Can somebody recommend an active guided bus tour that covers all New Zealand (around 10 days)? I don’t want to have hassle driving on the left side, so we’d be willing to join a group and travel on a bus. We’re middle age couple, but still physically active, and would like to be on a tour where we could do some 2-4 hours hikes to see the scenery and not to be stuck on the bus or on the ship all the time.
      Thank you in advance for any tips.

more
    • Best time to go to New Zealand

New Zealand Jul 2, 2014 at 4:22 AM

When is the best time to go to New Zealand ? Is it necessary to order hotels in advance ? ( in the beginning of December month for instance). The problem is that it is difficult to know how much time to spend in each place.

more
    • Peak Season Camping

New Zealand Jun 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I am interested in staying at some DOD campgrounds on occasion throughout our trip to save some money, and not have to book every night in advanced (and I'm guessing the camping is a little more my style rather than the large RV parks). I'm noticing that a lot of DOD campgrounds are first come first served, and I am wondering if this becomes a problem in peak season. Are these likely to fill up quickly in areas near tourist attraction, such as Franz Josef Glacier, Queenstown, Mount Cook? If they do, are we likely to find last minute space available in nearby holiday parks as a backup plan, or would these be booked as well, and we would end up having to drive on to another town? We only need non-powered sites, but won't be self-contained, so won't be able to freedom camp.

more
    • Overnight stopover in Auckland (from Bris to Queenstown)

Queenstown Jun 16, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Has anyone had to do the overnight stop over in Auckland on the connecting flight from Bris to Queenstown? We arrive in Auckland airport at 11:40pm and depart 7:10am the next morning.
      Just wondering if it's worth going to one of the airport hotels nearby once we've picked up baggage etc or whether we should just sleep there overnight? Would also help to know how early we need to check in for AKL to ZQN flight also. Not too keen on novotel prices so don't suggest that please.

Thanks for your answers :)

more
    • Female solo trip in Europe or SA?

New Zealand Jun 13, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Hi everyone,

So next year (I'll be almost 19 by this time) I am wanting to take a gap year and go travelling. Unfortunately all my friends are going to uni and no one has the amount of money to want to take this gap year with me so I will be going on my own. I know this could potentially be dangerous or whatever but I'm willing to risk it.

I still can't decide between Europe; (France, Italy, Netherlands, Greece and Spain) or South America; (Brazil, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia and Argentina) I want to go from around May/June next year to around about August/September which I know is a long time but I really want to explore and just have an adventure and meet new people on the road.

So these are my long awaited questions.

1. How dangerous really is it for an 18 year old girl to travel on her own and which out of Europe and SA would be safer?
      2. How much money do you think I would need for this length of time bear in mind I would be couch surfing and staying in the cheapest hostels possible and hopefully befriending locals. (My current balance is about 6000NZD)
      3. How easy is it to 'work under the table' in either of these places?
      4. Covering my interests; I want to visit lots of the clubbing and party aspect but I also want to be enriched in culture, and paradise. I also love exploring places that are unknown and unique.
      5. Is it possible just to buy a one way ticket to either of these places so that I don't have a set time limit and can just wonder, or will I get held up in customs for that? I would leave money in a separate account for the flight home.
      6. Any other advice/tips you can give me would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

Thanks to everyone who answered it really really helps in my life changing decision!!

more
    • kroy1811's Profile Photo

Camper van trip in New Zealand

New Zealand Jun 11, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Dears,

We plan to have a 2 weeks vacation in NZ with a camper van and there will be 6 of us.
      This is our first camper van trip and we need any recommendations on route and most importantly rental place.

Any inputs at this stage will be very helpful :)

We plan the trip between Sept-Nov 2015 -- hope it's a good time of the year in NZ -- our main interest aside people, culture, also landscape photography.

Thank you so much
      Wasti

more
    • Extra day in Auckland or go to Coromandel?

New Zealand Jul 4, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Hi,

I originally planned to go to the Coromandel from Auckland to see Cathedral Cove and Hot Water beach (tide permitting) but am now thinking if it would be better to see the sights closer to Auckland instead. Would I regret not going to the Coromandel? With an early start, we should arrive at the Coromandel by mid morning. We will then stay overnight at Whitianga. Will this give us a enough time or will it be better to stay in Auckland and maybe see one of the islands around Auckland or to go to a neighbouring suburb. We'll only have one full day in Auckland and I can't decide whether to spend an extra day there or visit another town. I understand Cathedral Cove is very picturesque with a nice walk and a good beach.

Thanks

more
    • charrapa's Profile Photo

2 days on the Coromandel

by charrapa Online Now Nov 9, 2008 at 10:44 AM

I would like a tip on a good place to stay for 2 days, 12/25 & 12/26 2008, on the Coromandel peninsula. I was at Kuaotunu in December of 1985 and had lunch on the beach. I remember they were selling waterfront lots on the long sandy beach to the north for3,500 to4,500 NZ$ at the time. I want to hike around the area and am looking for a comfortable place anywhere around the noth end.

2 Answers Nov 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM