Kuantan Travel Answers

change location

Question of Kuantan

by yvonnehmy Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 5:32 AM

Hi VT Friends,
I am planning to visit Kuantan in 16-18 dec 2007 for 3 days. I will go there with 4 friends in age 27 yrs.
I have few questions and need your help.

1. We intend to drive to Kuantan from Kuala Lumpur. Can somebody guide me how to reach the Swiss Garden?
2. What are the activities/places to visit around Kuantan?
3.Is it have any delicious food around there?

I would appreciate that anyone can help me.
thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Question of Kuantan

by khalid48 Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 6:10 AM

Hi,
    Swiss Garden is a few km away from the Kuantan town. From KL you take the Karak highway and exit at Gambang and proceed to Kuantan Town. The highway is fantastic, but beware of the speed limit of between 80 - 110 kph.(they normally reduce it during the festive season and during this time the authorities are very strict ) The journey will not take more than 2.5 hrs. Your trip is just before the great exodus home for the Muslim to celebrate the Id Adha on the 20th. From Kuantan town you take the coastal road north towards Kemaman, Terengganu. I'm not sure of the distance,- but not too far though - the hotel is right on the beach to your right. Anyway, in Kuantan you can always ask someone for the location and direction. And along the way you can also ask if you are lost, or better still you can buy the road map found in most book shops and some gasoline station. On your way back on the 18th to KL you may witness the heavy traffic on your opposite side, especially late in the evening and at night. So try to get into the highway before that. However dont worry because you will be moving west, while the exodus move east.

As for the activities and places, Im not sure what are you interested with. However, the beach at Telok Cempedak is Ok, but crowded. Better enjoy the beach at Swiss Garden or nearby. Kuantan town is just another town

Again, "delicious" food is relative. I like the Malay - Siamese food, but it is hot for most people; some go for Chinese food. Well to me nothing really that you cannot get in KL. But try the seafood at the beach or near the Kuantan river/bridge. Dont eat at the hotel, you'll pay double or triple, unless you want to eat western food.

Night life - not like KL. Maybe you can go to Hyatt at Telok Cempedak, the pub is OK. The last time I was in Swiss Garden, nothing really happening there at night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines