Kuantan Travel Answers

change location
bkarjee's Profile Photo

Things to do in Kuantan

by bkarjee Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Hi VT Friends,
I am planning to visit this beautiful east coast beach town in 2nd week of Nov 2007 for 3-4 days. We are two families with 3 kids in the age range of 2-6 yrs.
I have few questions and need your help.

1. Will it be a wet season there? How bad is the rain during this time? Does it keep raining full day during the wet season?
2. We intend to drive to Kuantan from Johor Bahru. Can somebody guide me how to reach the Swiss Garden if we use highway number 3 from Johor?
3. What are the activities/places (besides the beaches)to visit in and around Kuantan if any visitor has 2-3 days to spare?
4. I heard there is a waterfalls close to Kuantan. Is it possible to drive there? How far is it from Kuantan? Safe for families with kids?

Thanks all of you in advance
BK

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • diuofo's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do in Kuantan

by diuofo Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 2:01 AM

You can drive to Sg Lembing about 45 to 50 minutes from your hotel.Trekking and waterfall at Sg Lembing.To kemaman about 40 minutes have you breakfast at Kemaman Kopitam.Just follow the sign board to kuala tengganu.On the way you saw Jalan Beserah then Balok and Swiss Garden.20 minutes you will reach swiss Garden from kuantan town.Or you can contact me i you lost you way....016-9522089....:)

0-O
    yewkong

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • diuofo's Profile Photo

by diuofo Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 5:37 PM

• bkarjee's Profile Photo

by bkarjee Online Now Nov 4, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Dear Yew Kong,
    Thanks a lot for your helpful tips. After going thro' your direction on 'how to reach Swiss Garden resort from JB' , I think I should not have any peoblem in locating the hotel.
    Also, a million thanks for sending the link for weather forecast for Kuantan. I am sure it will be very helpful. I have noted down your phone number, just in case we have any problem in Kuantan. Thanks once again for this helpful gesture. Much appreciate that
    Cheers
    BK

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines