Kuala Terengganu Travel Answers

change location

car hire kl to kuala terengganu

by beranie Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 6:28 AM

Hi - sorry if this question has been posted a thousand times before! We are coming to Malaysia in July and I have got a 2 week itinerary planned which involves hiring a car in KL and leaving it in KT 3 days later (while we go off to the Perhentians). We plan to drive across to Kuantan, have a day there and then spend a leisurely day driving up to KT. However, I have just realised that there dont seem to be any car hire companies that have depots in KT!! Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks - Berni.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • divecat1978's Profile Photo

Re: car hire kl to kuala terengganu

by divecat1978 Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 7:26 AM

Hi! Well, there is a parking area near the jetty at a price of RM5 per night. Get the one where someone will look after and safe guard your car. Once you reach the jetty, told them you need a car parking facilities. Someone will show you the place.
    However, if you are parking at a yellow box that requires meter parking, then you will need to pay the parking everyday. There are summone officer come everyday to give summone to those cars that do not pay the parking fee. Be cautious.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • markbank's Profile Photo

by markbank Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 8:59 AM

hello bro,,u can try this website http://www.shajasa.com.my/site_map.htm

• chiabh's Profile Photo

by chiabh Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 6:23 AM

hi berni...

you are right... there is no rental car companies (in klumpur) that have an office in kt... even if there is, the re-locating cost of the car back to klumpur is really expensive, as they will have to employ a driver to drive the car back... so it would be better for you to use public transport to kuantan and kt... and then hire a car locally if you need one... btw, i have hired a car in kt before and it is cheap but there are no true car rental companies in kt... you will have to hire from a travel company, which i did...

~chia

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines